assetto corsa

All non-league discussions
maiph
Legends Admin Team

assetto corsa

Post by maiph »

Nobody else to tell.

I won my first Assetto Corsa online race yesterday. Around the back half of Silverstone with a decent mixed field of slow Fiats, Alfas and BMWs. Qualified 2nd in the BMW, kept the leader in sight, put him under pressure enough that he tripped over a lapcar. League skills brought me home with a cool head and it was great fun. So that's where I am if anyone fancies joining me.

Just keeping things on a low simmer. Sad to see this lack of activity after all these years guys. :nodance:
Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_silverstone-international_8-7-115-22-5-48.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by maiph on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Re: assetto corsa

Post by Steeve Fournier »

Well done Ralph! Gratz!

I miss racing with you guys..... :(

Steeve
Life is short, ride fast
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Grats Ralph!
I've had to step away from simracing for a while to handle some RL events, and like Steeve I'm a bit saddened to see the temperature here drop so dramatically.

But it is summertime, and many are on vacation so it's not too unusual. With the folks at ISI dragging their feet on the development side of things, it's important to keep an eye out on other sims. I know there have been a few reviews of Assetto done already, but I'm interested to hear your opinion Ralph, especially about the online play?

Sadly, my race rig can barely keep up with RF2, especially in the graphics department, so Assetto means a hardware upgrade for me but if the online play has improved perhaps it's time...
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Eric Fulghum
Super

Post by Eric Fulghum »

Hi guys!

I have Project Cars, Asseto Corsa, and rFactor2 (downloaded but no installed and activated) but I am still on a Windows XP machine so I can't run them yet.
I do have Windows7 and a new hd drive and 16 gigs of ram sitting here waiting for me to install them, but I think I'll wait another month-ish (I've got a bonus coming) and get a new mthrbd and processor so I can upgrade all at once. I'll do the vid card later. Anyway, that's a long-winded way of saying - I plan on joining in soon :)
Eric Fulghum

TWF1 - GP79 Ligier - Heavy Metal Racing #66
Ray Riddall
Novice

Post by Ray Riddall »

Hi, I to am missing racing at Legends. I have Project Cars but most of the cars don't feel right to me, tried a few online races but the public servers are full of looney drivers.
Downloading Assetto Corsa will give that a try.

Hope we can race soon. Ray
Image Image Image
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Grats Ralph :thumbsup:
Nobody else to tell.
Sad to see this lack of activity after all these years guys.
Yeah its an all-time low for sure, best we can do is keep each other posted here on what we are doing. Maybe we can meet up again somewhere somehow.

For me its a full stop on simracing, I haven't fired up rf2 in a long time, not up to date with builds, not interested in testing new content, etc. It just don't get me exited anymore.
That will change no doubt but atm i'm kinda liking not 'having' to do anything in this regard, not even have to show up for races and my sunday nights are quality :upsidedown:

Iracing's new road-technology sounds very interesting though, combined with their upcoming Nordschleife....I just might give that a go!

Lets keep each other posted :)
Last edited by Rouke on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

I continue to check in on this forum almost daily.

I too miss running with you guys even if only for non-championship races.

My work schedule is improving, so I would have more time for simracing. Since Legends is so quiet nowadays, I've decided to make some hardware improvements to my rig. For actual track activity, I've been focusing on offline rF2 and GSC Extreme. After the initial eye candy impact of PCARS, I've returned to what makes most sense for me - the driving dynamics. Nothing beats rF2 for that...

I hope we can see each other on track soon.

B.
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Bogdan wrote:"...GSC Extreme."
And that is...?
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

Rick Stratton wrote:
Bogdan wrote:"...GSC Extreme."
And that is...?
http://game-stockcar.com.br/?lang=en#home

An amazing sim based on the rF1 platform. Great FFB and physics with a lot of race car options. I'm also going to support them as they push the engine even further - dynamic track and weather conditions (similar to rF2) supposedly coming next. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiz ... nza#/story
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Yes in about 12 months there will be a new GSC, but this time based off the RF2 source code. GSC is generally considered to be a superior version of RF1, so the new RF2 based title will be extremely interesting to see.
DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

I'm glad I'm not the only one missing racing with all of you and like some of you I haven't raced seriously for quite some time. Real life issues have been limiting my desire to put the time in to race competitively, just one thing after another for us. I am up to date with rFactor2, I know the physics are so good in rFactor2 but after seeing what A.C. & pCars visually are like I have a hard time running it, I am so surprised & disappointed they haven't made a push to improve that area more then they have. I do run once or twice a week with A.C. and pCars, but nothing serious, just kind of a real life break for me and I'm enjoying that, hardly online at all these days, to many idiots online which is why I do miss racing with people you know on track. A.C. & pCars have there good mods and bad mods like every other gaming platform, I have those certain mods I always run because if you don't enjoy what you're driving what's the point. I know the physics are as spot on as rFactor2 but where I'm at in racing I need a little more forgiving car, lol.

Rouke, I hope you get back on track with something that will tweak your interest, racing has been a huge part of your life, but I've been there and had to walk away for a bit too but the trouble with racing, it's in our blood and I don't think once it's in, we can never get it out.
Last edited by DaleB on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

DaleB wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one missing racing with all of you and like some of you I haven't raced seriously for quite some time. Real life issues have been limiting my desire to put the time in to race competitively, just one thing after another for us. I am up to date with rFactor2, I know the physics are so good in rFactor2 but after seeing what A.C. & pCars visually are like I have a hard time running it, I am so surprised & disappointed they haven't made a push to improve that area more then they have. I do run once or twice a week with A.C. and pCars, but nothing serious, just kind of a real life break for me and I'm enjoying that, hardly online at all these days, to many idiots online which is why I do miss racing with people you know on track. A.C. & pCars have there good mods and bad mods like every other gaming platform, I have those certain mods I always run because if you don't enjoy what you're driving what's the point. I know the physics are as spot on as rFactor2 but where I'm at in racing I need a little more forgiving car, lol.

Rouke, I hope you back on track with something that will tweak your interest, racing has been a huge part of your life, but I've been there and had to walk away for a bit too but the trouble is racing i, it's in our blood and I don't think once it's in, it can ever get out.
Dale - it's good to know you're still around. I hope all is well, my friend.

B.
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Nice one Ralph great track Silverstone.
Good to hear from you all, we should arrange a AC session with a fixed set up so we dont spend ages honing one. I am OK wednesday nights any one up for it, I know Mr Fisher used to have a server running.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

Baz West wrote:Nice one Ralph great track Silverstone.
Good to hear from you all, we should arrange a AC session with a fixed set up so we dont spend ages honing one. I am OK wednesday nights any one up for it, I know Mr Fisher used to have a server running.
Great to hear from you Baz. Bones of a plan there :thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Mitch Simon
Club

Post by Mitch Simon »

Came to peak in and see whats going on. Sorry I have not been around. Computer is not up to par and like Dale mention real life is taking time away. My wheel is collecting dust and every time I look at it I want to cry. I will keep looking in from time to time to see if there is anything going on. Just want to let you guys know I still have the bug.
Mitch Simon
Aka: CartAndretti