Manual? ...and other questions

rFactor2 general discussions
Jon Marjanen
International

Manual? ...and other questions

Post by Jon Marjanen »

Hi peeps,

Long time since I've been around. Anyway, I'm considering buying rF2 but I want to read the manual first and learn about the sim. I tried looking online but even on the sim's website they don't have a link to the manual. Does the sim even have one? Anyone have a link?

Also, Is there still room in the TWF1 field?

Really wanna get back into some league racing. I've hot the bug again :p

Thanks guys!

PS: I tried changing my password for the website but it told me the current password I entered was wrong. It's not. I just logged in with it.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Re: Manual? ...and other questions

Post by SteveC »

Welcome back on :) Sadly not Jon, there is no manual for RF2!

Plenty of spots are awaiting you in the TWF1.
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Hi Jon, :)
Goodness...it has been quite a while...hope you do get rF2 and join us again. As Steve says there is no manual so you will have to learn as you go...plenty of help will come your waythough if you need it.

Regards,
Bret
Jon Marjanen
International

Post by Jon Marjanen »

No manual? Weak. I was hoping to read about set up options, weather etc. Oh well.

Are there any must have mods, plugins etc I should get? Does the sim have okay FFB or do we need an addon like we used to have with rF1 and real feel?
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Jon Marjanen wrote:No manual? Weak. I was hoping to read about set up options, weather etc. Oh well.

Are there any must have mods, plugins etc I should get? Does the sim have okay FFB or do we need an addon like we used to have with rF1 and real feel?
Jon,
I think you'll find once you're inside the game it will begin to feel very familiar [compared to RF1]. The 'look' is a bit different but things like the SETUP section will be familiar once you're in. FFB is pretty good IMHO, it does actually have a new feature that allows you to adjust FFB strength for individual chassis. We've only had one mod come out that needed a little FFB tweaking and that was a modern F2 mod where it felt 'dead' on center. If you feel that with your wheel, just pipe up and we can assist [forget what the setting is ATM].
Must have mods? - Hmmm... I guess that's really up to what you like. There's plenty out there to choose from. We've just begun playing with the GP79 mod which has been ported over to RF2 and TWF1 is running an older version of the F1 1991's [v1.70]. The latest version is more 'realistic' but we chose not to switch mods mid season. I'd say cruise through the regular websites like VirtualR.com in the RF2 section to get a good idea of what's out there.
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Welcome back Jon! :cheers:

Have a look at our Wiki, it's a bit outdated but still contains good info and a general look inside:
http://legends-league.com/wiki/RFactor2
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

And no you no longer need the 'real feel' plugin as with RF1.
Jon Marjanen
International

Post by Jon Marjanen »

Sweet. Thanks for the help guys! Can't wait to get back in the mix. I'm already thinking about what sort of skin to paint for myself. :p

Oh... For the people with 900 degree wheels: What do you set the rotation of the wheel to lock to lock? Or should I just do like with iRacing and set it at 900 and the sim will automatically use the correct steering range for each car?
Last edited by Jon Marjanen on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Steering degrees, you should change that from mod to mod.

If you want to look into this TS server from time to time fun2race.no-ip.org password play2win, sometimes we are in there on weekday nights sometimes not, we can tell you everything you need to know very fast. I expect you speak perfect english but if not there is a guy there who speaks Norwegian.