Round 6 / COTA / Race Report

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Round 6 / COTA / Race Report

Post by Grant Riddall »

Tafkams. surely you would of known you nudged me of right? Completely ended my race and not even a hold up in pace from you. I looked at the replay and both had enough room but you should have adjusted your line as to not of cased an impact.

Race going fine up until my collision. That's Championship over for me then.
Last edited by Grant Riddall on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Marcel Gerber
Rookie

Re: Round 6 / COTA / Race Report

Post by Marcel Gerber »

I had to give up because I had problems with my wheel. :(
Damian Baldi
Club

Post by Damian Baldi »

Argh! I have to say sorry to John Cook. I was recovering from a bad pit stop, when we approached to first corner, his car braked early than I expected and I wasn't able to avoid it. Both cars touched and his car flyied directly to the rails loosing front wing and a front tire. I didn't want to pass, just stay close.

I'm sorry John, I consider you my sim racing friend since ten years ago or more, I would never do something like that in purpose.
Last edited by Damian Baldi on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

scrappy and slow. got punted at turn 1 lap 1, lost loads of time trying to recover and then a foolish extra run through pitlane cost me dear. probably least said the better! :tongue:
Image Image Image
tafkams
Rookie

Post by tafkams »

Grant Riddall wrote:Tafkams. surely you would of known you nudged me of right? Completely ended my race and not even a hold up in pace from you. I looked at the replay and both had enough room but you should have adjusted your line as to not of cased an impact.

Sorry Grant if i did anything wrong. But i can't remember any situation where i should have hit you. The only situation i remember is that i had to go of the track to avoid an accident. Can you please tell me which lap you are talking about. Then i will watch the replay.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Replays available here http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... Itemid=608
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

tafkams wrote:
Grant Riddall wrote:Tafkams. surely you would of known you nudged me of right? Completely ended my race and not even a hold up in pace from you. I looked at the replay and both had enough room but you should have adjusted your line as to not of cased an impact.

Sorry Grant if i did anything wrong. But i can't remember any situation where i should have hit you. The only situation i remember is that i had to go of the track to avoid an accident. Can you please tell me which lap you are talking about. Then i will watch the replay.
Grant i think you talk about me, i'm very sorry for the touch, sad that it gives a big hit to your championship :( I didn't wait because i tough i was not the responsible for it.
i Watch the replay and i don't think i'm the only one to blame, think we should both give more room. I will make a video of it, already got some screen shot, you ar taking exactly the racing line without giving space, plus i am ahead at that point, and that's because you made a mistake. Was tough following you because you were going off the track so often and doing many mistakes.

Anyway this kind of incident should not happen, but to make it possible, i think the one who's doing the mistake should be double carefull.
Life is short, ride fast
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Well guys, for any protests please be sure to PM an admin within 48 hours and we shall deal with it accordingly :)

God I really hope I get to hit Grant with a heavy penalty :lol: I have waited so long for this! :D
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Q: 1st, really not the best possible lap, but was Lucky others didn't beat me :)

R: 3rd
Kind of dispointing cos i really had the pace for the win. Lost 1 spot to Race_one in T1 and was right in his gearbox for about 7-8 laps. Until i made a mistake in T9 (I so hate this turn). Then Grant and Tafkams got by me. I catch them pretty fast, Grant made a big mistake that allow Tafkams to overtake and i thought i'd had a go too, but Grant re-enter the track with foot down crossing it completly (Very dangerous move IMO), i almost hit his rear and so he manage to stay in front of me. Few laps later i saw he was pushing very hard with so much smoke coming out of his tyres, and many oversteer at hairpins exit. Then the bad thing happen, we touch and he went off track badly. (see video below). I don't know why you choose to exit instead of rejoining at that point??? Anyway i'm very sorry for what happen. But from my cockpit i thought i was well ahead, plus knowing you we're in trouble cos you almost lose the car at every hairpin exit, i thought you'd back off but i was wrong....

Grant and Steeve incident: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOV9qMZ ... e=youtu.be

I was now some 10sec behind Race_one so basically my chance of a win had dropped quite a lot.

Wanted to pit after lap 17th but i overshoot my pit box, had to go another lap and NOW my chance for a win was well gone. Next lap i forgot to pit lol... :zzzzz:

I could push as hard as i wanted in 2nd stint because i only had 25 minutes to go and i knew tyres will resist.

Little push on Static just before he was entering pits, Very Sorry for that Static. We both run a bit too wide and when you lift up i could not brake enough for not touching you.

Thanks Legends-league for hosting once again.

Gratz Race_one and tafkams.
Last edited by Steeve Fournier on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short, ride fast
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Yes sorry tafkams I meant Steeve,

I was losing grip at every corner because my tires were non existent at this stage. I was heading for the pits the lap we hit. But that's not a factor that should be used in the collision. After looking at the replay and mine I still think I gave you enough room. The reason I believe we hit was because you continued on the inside and pushed outwards just a bit too much when I was on your outside. I was off the racing line but had every right to hold that line.

I hit the barrier and both rear tires were blown due to the spin off... I really was to let down to continue. I know we both have our different opinions so it will probable stay like that.

Things like this happen in racing so I guess I'll just have to take it and accept it. Let's just move on and look forward to future battles mate.
Last edited by Grant Riddall on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Well I got back home in plenty of time to start practicing...only for my internet to go down completely...so went back to my girlfriends place.
Mart2
Rookie

Post by Mart2 »

Sorry for the punt Ralph, I did wait for you to get going again, I had to pit after about 3 laps because I had a terrible vibration from my contact with Ralph, I got my head down and having a clear track helped me claw my way back to the end of the pack, I was in 10th and then with about 3 laps left I lost both of my rear brakes, I had been playing with balance a bit and must have had too much to the rear, I pootled round and eventually finished 11th.
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Grant Riddall wrote:Yes sorry tafkams I meant Steeve,

I was losing grip at every corner because my tires were non existent at this stage. I was heading for the pits the lap we hit. But that's not a factor that should be used in the collision. After looking at the replay and mine I still think I gave you enough room. The reason I believe we hit was because you continued on the inside and pushed outwards just a bit too much when I was on your outside. I was off the racing line but had every right to hold that line.

I hit the barrier and both rear tires were blown due to the spin off... I really was to let down to continue. I know we both have our different opinions so it will probable stay like that.

Things like this happen in racing so I guess I'll just have to take it and accept it. Let's just move on and look forward to future battles mate.
Yeah, in the end i think we can call it a racing incident, with both our different point of view. I could not see you, you could not see me, i thought i was well clear ahead but was not the case.... I'm sure we can have some good fun battles for the next races :thumbsup: . My goal is to constantly increase my safety level and in this case I have to admitt i was not at 100%, but I think its the same for you. Sorry again mate :cheers:
Life is short, ride fast
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Steeve Fournier wrote: My goal is to constantly increase my safety level and in this case I have to admitt i was not at 100%, but I think its the same for you.
Agreed. See you in Melbourne.. Good luck to you all. I love that track so be prepared :violent:
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

GTA 5.
R.I.P. Life.

Back at Melbourne - S.N.I.TCHES!