TWF1-Barcelona Race Reports

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
Pablo
Novice

Re: TWF1-Barcelona Race Reports

Post by Pablo »

Someone rear-ended me on formation lap on the chicane sector, went to the armco, broken wing, bent suspension. Never happened that to me in this league.

Cheers.
[GER]Race_One
Rookie

Post by [GER]Race_One »

My race Report with some special Sounds :cheesy:

Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

Q: 2nd, PB by half a second. Here is the lap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON1ZjhrZqrs

Race: 6th, Had the pace to fight for the win but stupid mistake in lap 1 T1 vanished all hopes.

My apologize to CoolKev for hitting him in L1 T1, i'm so glad he didn't spun and was able to continue. Apologize to Cookie also for a small touch in T4. Again, glad you didn't spun. Here are the highlights of my race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcu23n8 ... e=youtu.be

Big thanks to Legends-League crew for making this league happen! Fantastic job guys!

Gratz Alex, Grant, Heiho for podium, and all finishers.

See you in China!

Steeve
Life is short, ride fast
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Pablo wrote:Someone rear-ended me on formation lap on the chicane sector, went to the armco, broken wing, bent suspension. Never happened that to me in this league.

Cheers.

Hey Pablo...

Noticed before the race your ping was unbelievably high, for me at least and you was spiking over the track quite a lot.. This could be the reason. Not certain but just thought I'd let you know.

Edit: after watching the replay Pablo I'm certain you spiked by lag and this was the cause.
Last edited by Grant Riddall on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
tafkams
Rookie

Post by tafkams »

Pablo wrote:Someone rear-ended me on formation lap on the chicane sector, went to the armco, broken wing, bent suspension. Never happened that to me in this league.

Cheers.
Hi Pablo,

i've written you a PM after the race but i also want to send you my apologies in the public:

I'm so sorry for the accident that happened in the formation lap. At the moment i cannot really be pleased about my race because i'm also disappointed that your race was over before it has begun - and i was involved in the situation. Such a shame.

I'll try to explain how the situation felt on my side:
I didn't recognize that we had a contact after turn 13 in the formation lap. In my view it looked like i passed your car because i wanted to avoid an accident between us. When i drove further i could see you in the wall in my mirror. I thought you were spinning yourself when accelerating but in the meanwhile i could have a look at my replay. It looks weird because between our cars there is a gap between our cars but obviously you got a hit by me. From my perspective it looks like an error of the game or a connection problem. But i know that doesn't help you.

I've made two screenshots from my replay. Btw: It's quite the same than the server replay.
GRAB_001.jpg
GRAB_002.JPG
The only way i could explain how this situation could have happened is that there was a technical problem between us. It's something along what Grant posted before me. I also noticed a high ping on your side but i didn't notice any "spiking over the track" or lagging before this situation. Otherways i would have kept a bigger gap between us. I can only explain myself that your car wasn't at the position where it was displayed on my system.

I hope i will never be involved in a situation like this and also hope you will accept my apologies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tafkams on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

Thanks for quick results Steve!

According to my calculation a 3rd, 6th and 7 th place make up for 79 points on my side.
Did I miss something?
No penalties for me so far.

P.S. Dont tell me my shit Q lap at Catalunya was illegal also..xD xD xD
P.P.S: Nope, wasn´t.
Cheers :byehi:
Last edited by Vadim on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Vadim wrote:According to my calculation a 3rd, 6th and 7 th place make up for 79 points on my side.
Did I miss something?
I do have you down for invalid Q in Rd 1, Interlagos which cost you 9 pts.
- Which is wrong as there was no penalties in Rd 1 I recall! Sincere apologies, I removed the 9pts of deductions - I think I put u down as invalid Q just to test it and forgot to remove it :oops: You have gone from 10th to 7th.
Last edited by SteveC on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

Plus my Interlagos lap was 100% clean :lol: :lol:

No problem at all :allhail:
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

[GER]Race_One wrote:My race Report with some special Sounds :cheesy:

Nice video Race_one! :thumbsup:
Life is short, ride fast
[GER]Race_One
Rookie

Post by [GER]Race_One »

Thanks steeve :cheesy:
cookie
Provisional

Post by cookie »

Steeve Fournier wrote:
Race: 6th, Had the pace to fight for the win but stupid mistake in lap 1 T1 vanished all hopes.

My apologize to CoolKev for hitting him in L1 T1, i'm so glad he didn't spun and was able to continue. Apologize to Cookie also for a small touch in T4. Again, glad you didn't spun. Here are the highlights of my race.

Steeve

no problem - i always feel like im in the way when fast guys are behind me -at least it looks like i made you work for it