TWF1 Round 4 - Catalunya - Sun 22nd March 19:00 GMT

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

TWF1 Round 4 - Catalunya - Sun 22nd March 19:00 GMT

Post by SteveC »

Spain will now host round 4 of the official ASR F192 Championship hosted by Legends League. Round 3 was a blast, speeding round Monza at over 200mph! So now a change of downforce. From low to high....we will see what these cars can do under the immense strain these corners will produce. Tire we are will be a killer factor here... Will we see another multi-strategic race like Silverstone? Time to start them engines
Last edited by Grant Riddall on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Damian Baldi
Club

Re: TWF1 Round 4 - Catalunya - Sun 16th March 19:00 GMT

Post by Damian Baldi »

today es 16th :mrgreen:
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Re: TWF1 Round 4 - Catalunya - Sun 22nd March 19:00 GMT

Post by SteveC »

Ah yeah, thanks :)
Roberto
Rookie

Post by Roberto »

I'm not sure where I need to post this type of question but I need to see if anyone else is having this problem and hopefully a solution.

I start my practice, install my setup that I'm working on and go and run some laps. Top speed is around 320Kph and wing is set at 16. I come in and make corrections and save the setup. Again, same top speed and feels better. No problem so far but the next time I come in from lapping, I make small adjustments and go out. Now my car won't go over 280 Kph. I undo the changes and still, same exact thing. I even re-install the first setup that I knew would run 320Kph. Still the same, slower, top speed.

Is there a memory leak that may cause this to happen? I feel like I've asked this question before.

Anyway, anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Forgot a question mark
Last edited by Roberto on Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damian Baldi
Club

Post by Damian Baldi »

Roberto wrote:I'm not sure where I need to post this type of question but I need to see if anyone else is having this problem and hopefully a solution.

I start my practice, install my setup that I'm working on and go and run some laps. Top speed is around 320Kph and wing is set at 16. I come in and make corrections and save the setup. Again, same top speed and feels better. No problem so far but the next time I come in from lapping, I make small adjustments and go out. Now my car won't go over 280 Kph. I undo the changes and still, same exact thing. I even re-install the first setup that I knew would run 320Kph. Still the same, slower, top speed.

Is there a memory leak that may cause this to happen? I feel like I've asked this question before.

Did you check your pedal?
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance
Roberto
Rookie

Post by Roberto »

Damian Baldi wrote:
Roberto wrote:I'm not sure where I need to post this type of question but I need to see if anyone else is having this problem and hopefully a solution.

I remember now. I didn't race rF2 very much until started racing with you guys but what I remember is that my controllers disconnect and reconnect sometime during my practice. When it reconnects, the pedals don't go to 100%. I only notice this on the throttle because the brake is already set at 50% and I hardly use the clutch in these cars.

These "reconnects" only happen in rF2 and I still don't know why it happens but I'm thinking it happens when I leave the track for the garage, not while I'm driving.

I was wondering why I was slower at times during practices and races. Now I will try to figure out when and why this is happening in rF2.
Last edited by Roberto on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidporeilly
Rookie

Post by davidporeilly »

Roberto wrote:
Damian Baldi wrote:

I remember now. I didn't race rF2 very much until started racing with you guys but what I remember is that my controllers disconnect and reconnect sometime during my driving. When it reconnects, the pedals don't go to 100%. I only notice this on the throttle because the brake is already set at 50% and I hardly use the clutch in these cars.

These "reconnects" only happen in rF2 and I still don't know why it happens but I'm thinking it happens when I leave the track for the garage, not while I'm driving.

I was wondering why I was slower at times during practices and races. Now I will try to figure out when and why this is happening in rF2.
If you have a fanatec pedal, you might be losing calibration. The CSR pedal does this and you lose some throttle. Check in controller to see if you have full throttle once the problem occurs Short term workaround is to set your throttle so you have max at say 80% of travel.
Let me know if it is this. The long term solution is from Basherboards.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

IMPORTANT!

Before you enter the server today for the first time, please go to your UserData\player\Settings\F1_ASR_1992_V170 folder and DELETE any .rcd files :) PLEASE DO NOT use virtual ride, they mess the server up :(

This build has many bugs, these virtual rides trigger server bugs which can have very serious impact on race, so it is important to clear them out of your game as they all propagate back to server. Thanks for your cooperation :thumbsup:. I will keep checking the server until shortly before race and delete any stubborn ones :lol:
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

D1525 (Oleg I think) will not be racing tonight due to work-related issues. passing this on as he has some pc problems atm.
Last edited by Rouke on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

Has daylight time been changed in UK? Or is the race at same hour as last one? The main website shows London time like it is regular time. Just want to make sure. Here in america, time has been changed for 2 weeks now. :thumbsup:
Life is short, ride fast
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

SteveC wrote:IMPORTANT!

Before you enter the server today for the first time, please go to your UserData\player\Settings\F1_ASR_1992_V170 folder and DELETE any .rcd files :) PLEASE DO NOT use virtual ride, they mess the server up :(

This build has many bugs, these virtual rides trigger server bugs which can have very serious impact on race, so it is important to clear them out of your game as they all propagate back to server. Thanks for your cooperation :thumbsup:. I will keep checking the server until shortly before race and delete any stubborn ones :lol:
Sorry Steve, just noticed i had 2 new .rcd files, probably created by Sébastian Vettel. I enter the server before checking that... my bad :thumbsdown: all deleted now.
Life is short, ride fast
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Steeve Fournier wrote:Has daylight time been changed in UK? Or is the race at same hour as last one? The main website shows London time like it is regular time. Just want to make sure. Here in america, time has been changed for 2 weeks now. :thumbsup:

Still the same time as normal here :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Server is up for Shanghai :) It just has 1.70 mod in it for now, seems to be problems in having more than 28 cars at a time, I will figure something out to look at the 1.81 after the Shanghai race