Silverstone Round 2....Race Reports

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Re: Silverstone Round 2....Race Reports

Post by maiph »

One of the most intense tooth and nail races I can remember. Got a PB in qually but such was the pace of the field that I was way down in 17th. However I got a solid start and placed my car nicely at the turn 4 hairpin which gained me five places. However this meant I had a series of faster cars bugging me for the rest of the night. First Mr Static for a few laps then one of several encounters with Steeve Fournier. Then Mr Tafkams chased me hard until his pit stop, I pitted a lap or so later and only just managed to emerge ahead of him, very close and exciting, holding 10th place. Then my long time sparring partner Ray joined the chase and started to distract Tafkams enough for me to catch a breath, Steeve turned up once more just to complicate things further, I went wide and he got past again.
I started to get ragged enough to allow Ray alongside on Hangar straight and he passed me around Stowe. Unfortunately I just tagged his rear as we cornered sending me into a spin which cost me places, I think I had been running as high as 6th. Always the gentleman Ray gave back the place and battled resumed. Steeve must have pitted as again he loomed in the mirrors, he passed me at turn 3 but went deep at 4 and I had a lovely opportunity to undercut him. Worth watching the replay here, a few laps from home as we both over-accelerated on went off in comic fashion, Ray unfortunately got caught up in the aftermath and surely nobody was laughing louder than Static who made 3 places amid the chaos.
At 5 minutes to go I had over 6 minutes of fuel remaining and was in a happy 8th place so imagine my disappointment when I crossed the finish line and no chequered flag appeared. I was fucking well light on fuel again! Trundled to a halt a half lap shy in 11th. Intense nostril-clearing race though :clap:
Last edited by maiph on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
H-R_Paul
Provisional

Post by H-R_Paul »

Hello ... first of all i dont wanna blame any1 i can live with that virtual technical failure ... the show must go on :)... i tried everything i restarted router and pc ... today i still cant connect ... dunno what the prob is Provider, patch or isi matchmaker but it seems patch is horrible ... maybe some hints for the future ... never touch a running System :) ... is it possible to backup old patch on Server and if we have probs we just Switch to the old build ... prob is that every1 needs 2 installations dunno if any1 agree with that ... btw is there a teamspeak?

Greetz Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

:( This password will be no problem next race, believe me. If we have to run no password and manually boot strangers that's what we will do.
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Arg, there go's practise time for admins :(

We still testing pw for the skippy event?
Last edited by Rouke on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

Notable practice: ZERO - 30 installation laps during the week.
1 hour prior to the race I jammed up some setup and still had to get to grips with the braking points, gearing, wing settings.

Qualy, I just tried to extract something - 5 th.

For the race I thought it was a good idea to add more wing front and rear - VERY BAD IDEA.
My setup was race unworthy, car got worse and worse.

Start was good though. Opportunistic driving got me 3rd.
Grant and Race One racing ahead, Pablo caught me on lap 3.
Steve just ever so lightly tabbed me and mostly destroyed his race more then mine (I was not supposed to be that high up front imo).

Gentleman he is he immediatly gave the place back while loosing way more positions then required.
A lot of infield racing followed, to much wing destroying my pace here hard!
Quickly realized it had to be a 2 stop race.
Race was fairly lonely for a while, a few OMFG moments...AND THEN...an EPIC battle ensued with Dyrton Cessna for 6th place that lasted for ever.
He defend very veeeeeery well on old tyres.

But see for yourself in my highlight reel. VERY MUCH WORTH WATCHING IMO :clap: :clap: (watch at 60 fps 1080p):

A lot of good ethics displayed here imo :halm:

6th place after all - Nothing more to ask for with that little practice.
GJ all finishers - Top 5 very much deserved results also AND THX to Dyrton - Very intense battle! :banana:
Last edited by Vadim on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Ray Riddall
Novice

Post by Ray Riddall »

Very enjoyable race for me. :)

Made six places at start into 5th, had a solid first stint but should have pitted a couple on laps earlier because my worn tyres cost me and after my stop i came out in 12th place and immediately into a battle with Ralph.
We were on the same pace, I made a pass on the out side of Stowe but we touched and Ralph span, wasn't entirley sure if it was my fault so let him by and the adrenaline rush was back on :lol:
Now Steve was with us for some close racing too. Then in a spilt second something happened, I hit Steve and ended up past them both, again i doubted myself and let them overtake, I realize now I should of carried on.

Finished 10th. Still potential for a better result is there.

Well done to Grant, and well done to Legends for this championship.
Image Image Image
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

SteveC wrote: See schedule here http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... Itemid=611
Nice car on this page Steve ;)
Life is short, ride fast
Roberto
Rookie

Post by Roberto »

I had an OK race. I started at the bottom of the grid because I didn't put in as much practice as I should have. At the start, I had to go around a stalled car and made it to the first set of curves OK.
For the first half of the race, I paced myself behind fast cars so I was making great time. I had to make a pit stop at the 30 minute mark and thought other racers would do the same but I was wrong. When I came out of the pits, that's when everything started to go to shit. I had exited pits right in front of the leaders and started to get the "blue flags"! I was forced to pull over numerous times and couldn't concentrate on my own race. I lost a lot of time and my race finish does not reflect my actual race possibility.

I know how to be aware of the blue flag and allow racers to pass clean but having to pull over as soon as a racer shows up far behind is not very realistic. Even having them pull over in bad places may cause a wreck by an inexperienced racer just so they won't get a drive-thru penalty.

I know I must abide by how you run your races but I would like to respectfully ask that you please remove this "blue flag" rule and make it where we still give way but do it in a responsible manner. I like racing with you guys but this is really ruining my races here.

Thank You For Listening,
Robert Cartwright
"Roberto"
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Hi Roberto,

Just to keep you updated: we are very aware there is a problem with this blue flag rule. We are currently working on a solution to still enable blue flags but without the penalty.

Either way we value your thoughts and opinions and have already taken them onboard. We will sort this guys don't worry :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Robert-I know I must abide by how you run your races but I would like to respectfully ask that you please remove this "blue flag" rule and make it where we still give way but do it in a responsible manner. I like racing with you guys but this is really ruining my races here.
I understand Roberto...For what its worth on the actual race night (during a practice sessions) we (hardtohandle, STATIC & myself) were trying to sort that out unfortunately without success. We tried to make it so that the Blue flag would show...but not penalize. We still have to figure that out.

All the best,
Bret
Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Yeah there will be no blue flags penalties next time Roberto. I got a drive thru myself in R1 myself. The game works in mysterious ways....
haxxprox
Rookie

Post by haxxprox »

its just one click at the server ;)

no rules or something... flags should be shown anyway, but does the pitlane work? speeding?...thats how it worked for rf1 :)
the problem on the other hand is, that it takes much more awareness for all drivers :)

what did you tried?
Last edited by haxxprox on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

haxxprox wrote:its just one click at the server ;)
You would have thought so, but no we had to remake the vmod in this instance and I was not going to do that 1 hour before race. The we will will set it, is to show the blue flags, but never penalise.
Last edited by SteveC on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Grant Riddall wrote: Keep and eye on the site in the next couple of days. We have a special surprise for you :kisswink:
And here it is guys :kisswink:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9730
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
STATIC
Rookie

Post by STATIC »

SteveC wrote:Yeah there will be no blue flags penalties next time Roberto. I got a drive thru myself in R1 myself. The game works in mysterious ways....
Not a mystery anymore. Now That we know exactly what was causing the settings to revert every time they got changed next time you can be sure there will be blue flags wave only.
Although we should probably do testing before race day ;)