CTC 2014 S3 Video Recap

iRacing general discussions
Rik Walker
Site Admin

CTC 2014 S3 Video Recap

Post by Rik Walker »

The guys behind this plan on adding to it after each week, here's how it stands after the Silverstone race - I'm in the pale blue & white Ligier livery car in the middle of the grid.

Baz West
Super

Re: CTC 2014 S3 Video Recap

Post by Baz West »

I didn't race in the SoF race as I would have to score more than 131 points to gain any more, as I had already done 4 races and score would have been average of highest 2 if I had. But my Ligier is in the intro name clearly displayed on side of cockpit, thanks to Marks drawing skills.
Last edited by Baz West on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Must admit, seeing reports like this and seeing those big grids makes iRacing very tempting...
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

It does indeed.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Week 2 @ Road Atlanta. Only Baz from the Legends guys ran this race:

Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Yes, my 3rd and last race possible of the week and needed to score some decent points for Legends League Racing I started 20th and stayed out of trouble, made 2 positions lap 1 and I was going well, lap 5 got another position and was harrying Herfjord for P16 with guys in front I knew I had faster race pace than. top 12 or better was definitely on if I held it together. Then lap 6 going down the hill to the start finish line on Herfjord's gearbox ready to try a move into turn one, his car stopped dead on track at the bottom of the hill :o I was doing 140mph+ I shat myself. end of my week.

I found out afterwards that his Oculas Rift had crashed :mad: He said in hindsight he should have floored the throttle when it happened, but didn't :bat:

Sorry again chaps looks like a dropped week for me, only 53 points. :cry:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Week 3 at Circuit of the Americas:

Mark was the only Legends driver this time and you'll see him get launched when the cars concertina for T1 :(. He was able to continue but couldn't quite avoid a spinning car around half distance which gave him terminal suspension damage.
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Week 4 at Mosport and proof that T1 incidents can happen in any series. Worked out well for me as you can see the cars slide out of the way of my blue & white Ligier :) and also for Baz who made a lot of places, unfortunately as the video also shows he didn't have so great a time of it after that.

Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Week 5 at Sebring and a bit of a start line disaster when the 2nd place guy most uncharacteristically span. Baz suffered heavy damage as a result :(

Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

And week 6 at Donington. I'm the car on the left immediately behind the cars that collided in T1 - got round the initial mess but then one of them speared across the track into my side & wrecked my car. Baz gets featured again, luckily not with damage this time!

Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Week 7 @ Mid-Ohio brings us up to date. After a few poor starts, this one was much better with only a T2 incident of any real note on the first lap. My pale blue & white Ligier is featured quite a bit but the only mention is when I lose a spot (it looks like a very tame pass in the video, but I had been holding him off for several laps but had a tank slapper which allowed him by).

Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Week 8 at Brands Hatch and my best result of the season. I get good coverage in the video too :)

Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

What great looking racing Rik. Thanks for the video really enjoyed it and made me yearn for my old days in sim racing here with Legends. Have to say iRacing is for me superb and one way to keep Legends together for now with rF2 having server related compatibility problems. If only folk would realise for such an immersive hobby then the iRacing subs and costs one set up are not really expensive and well worth it IMHO.

Would be great if we could have a core of 20 to 30 Legends members willing to participate in our own hosted iRacing Legends league championship running in line with an iRacing championships maybe. So easy to organise, low league cost, and little work load as iRacing do all the work for us. IMHO still overall I feel the best and most problem free sim racing package though I know this is a subjective view and I know rF2 is awesome too when it is running problem free. This could for now be the answer this winter for our precious Legends League. I would certainly be willing to help get it set up again but only if we really do have a good number of core reliable drivers who will attend most races, you never know if there are other drivers as crap as I am then I may even consider joining in again in a geriatric team :oldgit: :roll:
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Bathurst - if you look very closely you might just catch a glimpse of Baz :)

Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Zandvoort - Baz & myself in this one but neither mentioned.