Regarding Build 798 on our server [798 now live]

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula Renault 3.5
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Regarding Build 798 on our server [798 now live]

Post by Rouke »

Update: see next post for updated info

We are planning to install 798 on T7 before Saturday or Sunday at the latest so we can use Club or Race to test the new build and see what it brings us and have a smooth official-week.
It will be a fresh install and we are keeping 770 in place in case 798 gives problems.

I suggest you do the same, don't update 770, just install 798 separately (will most likely avoid many issues by default) you don't need to install it in any specific location, if you have admin rights anywhere go's.
if you are determined to run 32bit then the x86 folder is probably the best place.
Switch between 32/64 in the Launcher.

I reckon (if installed separately) you can still use the the 770-packages folder, if so, its recommended, very confusing to run multiple packages folders. Just point towards it in the mod manager.

So, we plan to use the new build asap. fingers crossed.
If you see any tips worthy of mentioning just drop it here, anything helps, sucks to have to readup on all issues :roll:

Will post here how things develop.
Last edited by Rouke on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Re: Regarding Build 798 on our server [798 now live]

Post by Rouke »

Well that went smooth as a baby's ass :moon:

Server is updated to 798 and Liveracers working again.
Its running now so please quickly join to see if you can access le serveur.

Quick reminder that a local fresh install is best but I have seen quite a few reports that auto-updating + syncmanager works quite well so you might as well give it a shot.

Another reminder that those using the Minimalistic UI need to update to the latest version (mainly so you don't get password/getmod issues:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1 ... I-Released

We still need to see if rf2 will respond to the autoscheduler, in 770 it was bugged but that is now hopefully fixed so with a bit of luck no more downtime in the next few days as Rick gives it a good checkup for us.
Then it will be as per normal, practise server all week, club server on Thursday and Saturday (practise closes 5 minutes in advanced before Club opens) and then the same routine on sunday for the race server.

Those of you having 64xplugin issues, just regard the new build as a 32bit sim for now and await fixes so you can move to 64bit. in that regard little has changed I reckon. (change to 32 in Launcher/advanced)
But keep a good eye out for info on your specific plugin and what you need to do, already some plugins spread their files over the 3 available Plugin-folders. not good, but still, if that is what it takes to get something running.....

We might run the racepassword on Saturday to see if it works, don't want to experiment with that next sunday. and this sunday we might as well run an open server eh?

If you are getting Launcher problems with 798 try the new one Jeremy has posted:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2 ... post294183

Report your issues here pls.
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

Rouke - thanks for the effort in setting up everything.

I used the auto update and all went smoothly. I have all my plugins working in 32bit mode. I could also join the server without any problems.

64bit is another story - none of the plugins work (those that should theoretically work - e.g. TrackIR, etc.). I will stick with 32bit for the time being. A none issue for me.

I hope to have some time this weekend to join you for the race on Sunday.
DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

Same here, I used auto update and it worked perfectly. Got on the server last night so all is well for me. Normally I'll do a complete new install, still thinking about doing that. I am not using any add-on's yet, maybe I'll try and get my track map working again this weekend if I have time.

See you all on the track this weekend! :thumbsup:
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Thanks Rouke/Rick. I dont have good signal where i am atm, took me a while to make this post. Could anoyone just let me know how to switch auto update on please. Then when i get back i can get cracking...hope i am back in time..thanks
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Start launcher, go to the Update tab, let it sync and then press update.
Last edited by Rouke on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.