FR35 2014 BRNO (TWFR35 preparation)

Off-season, Special and Annual events are all discussed/announced here.
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

FR35 2014 BRNO (TWFR35 preparation)

Post by Rouke »

Server is up, 10 laps for club, 20 laps (x2 if peeps stay) for Sunday.

Blue flags routine has been reset, no penalty's anymore.
Start practising!
Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Re: FR35 2014 BRNO (TWFR35 preparation)

Post by Rouke »

Announce is up:
http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... 2&Itemid=2

We do need a rubber preset still
Mitch Simon
Club

Post by Mitch Simon »

Not going to make this race, leaving Thursday to Texas for 5 days.
Mitch Simon
Aka: CartAndretti

Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Was kinda hoping this was going to be a Dallara at Brno event this week. :nodance:

Okay, so I'm just going to throw this out there...
Last week I was fooling around with the Dallara at Bahrain. After some practice I was able to turn some high 1:41's/low 42's, which turned out to be about mid range compared to the Renaults after looking at what the live View was reporting on the server. I am admittedly off my game, mostly from lack of available praccy time, and also struggle with the Renault, especially in comparison to the Dallara. I'm just curious about how these two would compete head to head on the server. My inclination is that the Dallara would be quicker in the hands of the better drivers, but for schlumps like myself it might at least make us somewhat competitive, or more importantly not a rolling roadblock for the fast lappers! :rofl: :byehi:

Would anyone else be interested in these off week [only] Sunday events combining both the Renault and Dallara?
More importantly, would anyone object? It would mean that folks would need to have both mods installed, does anyone not have the Indy/Dallara?
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

Rick Stratton wrote:Was kinda hoping this was going to be a Dallara at Brno event this week. :nodance:

Okay, so I'm just going to throw this out there...
Last week I was fooling around with the Dallara at Bahrain. After some practice I was able to turn some high 1:41's/low 42's, which turned out to be about mid range compared to the Renaults after looking at what the live View was reporting on the server. I am admittedly off my game, mostly from lack of available praccy time, and also struggle with the Renault, especially in comparison to the Dallara. I'm just curious about how these two would compete head to head on the server. My inclination is that the Dallara would be quicker in the hands of the better drivers, but for schlumps like myself it might at least make us somewhat competitive, or more importantly not a rolling roadblock for the fast lappers! :rofl: :byehi:

Would anyone else be interested in these off week [only] Sunday events combining both the Renault and Dallara?
More importantly, would anyone object? It would mean that folks would need to have both mods installed, does anyone not have the Indy/Dallara?
Not a bad idea, Rick. I would still probably stick to the F3.5 as I'd like to ensure that I keep the rhythm for the championship. How come you haven't joined us in the fun? Hope to see you on track soon.

B.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

I wouldn't object and to me is a good idea. I too will be sticking to the 3.5's as to ensure Bogdans morale suffers :kisswink:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

Grant Riddall wrote:I wouldn't object and to me is a good idea. I too will be sticking to the 3.5's as to ensure Bogdans morale suffers :kisswink:
:lol: I'm demoralized already...
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Bogdan wrote:Not a bad idea, Rick. I would still probably stick to the F3.5 as I'd like to ensure that I keep the rhythm for the championship. How come you haven't joined us in the fun?
Time mostly, I'm afraid.
Wrapping up a massive project at work which has had me going for quite some time now. On the home front, my mother in-law's health has taken a turn so weekends I am often asked to assist [from my wife]. Unfortunately that may be the case again this weekend. Still haven't turned a lap at BRNO in either of these cars and have a full day of things that need to get done today. I've raced BRNO before so it's not entirely new for me, hopefully tonight I'll be able to get a few laps in.

As mentioned in my earlier thread, for me it's a lot easier to do in the Dallara [hop in and drive] than the Renault. I really need lots of laps in the Renault to get comfy, and just a week off and I feel like I'm starting all over again. One thing I refuse to do on Sundays is to join a race when I'm only a danger to other drivers! :square:
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Got about 30 laps in with the Dallara before sunrise this morning...

Road Course config, Prime tires, 35L fuel - best lap was a 1:40.88
Road Coarse config, Alternate tires [Red/softs], 35L fuel, best lap was a 1:40.04
Short oval config, Firehawk tires, 35L fuel, a minimum of 2 sec slower but I didn't bother to try to tweak it at all. It was obviously setup for going LEFT only! That said, still remarkably fun to drive. The Firehawks have a very different feel to them, definitely less grip than the road setup tires.
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

well club was crap. rear ended twice and crashing whilst avoiding a spinner all on lap1.
Ryan
National

Post by Ryan »

You beat me on the straight Rouke but I knew I could get you under braking for that Left...I triple guessed myself in a matter of 2 seconds because I thought you knew I was there.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Great for me! I am changed man! And the G27 a changed wheel too after much tinkering. P6 and I could have done better, podium (3rd) and finished with no damage or problems at all. Beat Bret too not on pace tho, on spin count only. Must be really awesome to get up to speed and have a good race in these cars. I have a long way to go but compared to Bahrain it is night and day. Had such a miserable time in this car before now. :banana:
Last edited by SteveC on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

Rouke wrote:well club was crap. rear ended twice and crashing whilst avoiding a spinner all on lap1.
One of those was me Rouke, I'm so sorry about that... :daft:
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

I just didn't have much time this weekend, and for that matter, I will again have limited time this week to practice for the race next Sunday.

I'm definitely glad I could join you for the first race - it was an eye opener when it comes to my race setup. Pure crap. The front tires, especially the front left were wearing at an unbelievable rate. Looks like Ralph found the magic recipe as he was closing on me really fast. I was just nursing the front left for more than 70% of the race. As a result, not the most enjoyable 20 laps I've ever done.

Somehow, I have to figure out how to make these tires last, while keeping up laptimes. It will be an interesting race, next weekend. This is my first time trying out Brno and I haven't decided if I like it or hate it. If you get it right, it is quite satisfying.

That was a full grid indeed. It was good to see, but there was some questionable driving out there too.

B.
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Well done Bogdan, as you say, certainly gives you (and other drivers that attended) a heads up about the tyre wear.

Was a shocker of a night for myself, having joining problems earlier, then getting discoed in race one and race two I rear ended a guest river going into turn 1...waited for him and then I crawled around to pit but suspension was buggered and that was that...had to retire. Only good thing about these races for me was that it was a non championship round. As I said, earlier during the day I was on the server, got connection lost and I could not rejoin again...kept getting the "Server Connection Failed" error, deleted the vmod, re installed it but I also reset my router as well...that worked but when I got discoed in warm up...tried to rejoin and the same error again, reset the router and I was in. Dunno whats going on...will try again tomorrow and see, if same error occurs I'll swap my router for the other one I have.

Cheers,
Bret