30%
Other
7%

Total votes: 27

Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Anyone up for a rf2 championship?

Post by Rouke »

We've tried just about everything by now, we could go single events forever. But that's not what a league is about of course.

And one thing we haven't tried yet in rf2 is a full blown championship, 8 rounds (or more) point tables, teams, weight penalties, etc.

As a league it will show our dedication, it will also (hopefully) make it easier for people to join up knowing what's going to happen the next couple of months.
I've just Skyped with Bret and we are up for the job of organising it.
We've got a few active members, a few new ones, and it would be advertised on ISI etc as well.

We are thinking the Renaults or the Williams F2. Especially the FR35 seems popular in general but its hardly used by leagues or servers and has given us some temp. momentum. Maybe a championship with them would be even better.
They are a bit...duller then the Williams but maybe that's good as well as an entry level mod for us. more people would have a bit better control.

You can have two votes in the poll, if the answer to the first is yes, use your 2nd vote for the mod option. if its no, just vote once (or don't vote)

And of course you input, ideas, suggestions etc. anything is welcome.

If we get a reasonable response then a minimum of...8?/10? drivers could be worth while of just doing it and seeing where we end up.

So fire away chaps!
Last edited by Rouke on Thu May 15, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Re: Anyone up for a rf2 championship?

Post by Rouke »

I've ran the AI for an hour with both the Williams and the FR35. pretty similar times!
Not sure if we would want that as I know there's a few realism buff's out there whom would object but you know, options :upsidedown:
Last edited by Rouke on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hany
Provisional

Post by Hany »

What about the skippy or a gt car :P I dont like F1 :( :D
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

They are not F1's. its F2 or F3.5 :)

Skippy is a good car, lets see what people think about it. Not sure if its something that would draw in more drivers though?
Frank Oreskov
Super

Post by Frank Oreskov »

I miss league racing so I'll try my very best to race. I must say though, neither the Williams F2 or the Formula Renault are that appealing to me, but I doubt many here would like to race the ISI GT's, or the URD Corvette GT2 (if you will however then I'll personally paint and collect liveries for all). Becuase of this I've only voted yes, and not for any specific cars.
Last edited by Frank Oreskov on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Paul Langford
Super

Post by Paul Langford »

I would be up for a championship in rf2 now it's more stable better fps etc, I know I have not been around as much as usual, but I have more time for practice now my hours have changed for the better :-) and a championship is something to get your teeth into
Image Image Image Image

Car #69 2009 TWFA CHAMPION
DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

I tried the Formula Two again with those new FF setting and it's quite a bit better, much better at the lower speeds. I'd be up for either Formula Renaults or Formula Two Williams!
Anthony Portuondo
Provisional

Post by Anthony Portuondo »

I would be more than happy to volunteer as a driver for this championship. The only problem is that I don't currently own rf2, just rf1. If another similar event is to be assigned to rf1, you can count me in! ;-)
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

:thumbsup:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

Hi all,

It's been awhile. Sorry for my absence. I will be ready to get back to sim-racing by mid May. I would definitely be up for a full blown championship.

I have yet to try any of the recent rF2 builds, but it looks like things have not necessarily been that smooth lately. Hopefully the new build will pose little problems to getting a dedicated championship off the ground.

I chose the Williams F2. As you may recall, initially I really did not prefer the numb FFB at low speed, but eventually got used to it and enjoyed it quite a bit. Open wheelers would be my choice, so the FR3.5 would also probably be OK, though I have yet to try it.

As always, I look forward to being on the track again. Hopefully the start of the championship won't be until after the first week of May as I won't be able to join until after that time.

Later.
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Good to hear Bogdan :)

I think Dale was right, the Williams has gotten better (or less challenging) at low speed indeed and on that note its probably up there with the FR35. Just more downforce and mechanical grip for the Williams.

And the timing is going to be ok I think, we first need the feedback, then we can go create the championship, test tracks etc. which takes quite a bit of work so it will be a couple of weeks for sure. and not knowing how many where going to respond we had not set any time limit anyways.
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Just for conversation, I've felt for some time that the LOLA T280 mod might make a very nice alternate series for Legends. I find it to be an interesting mix:

Technically it's not an open wheeler, but from the cockpit it feels as one. This lends to some safer close racing [the odd bump won't as easily ruin ones race].

It's fast, but not overly so.

AS it really has minimal aero adjustments it's easier for newer drivers to learn, but at the same time it does have a decent amount of grip. You can slide it when you want but unlike the Howstons it's not in a perpetual state of drift.

It's paintable. :square:

Oh, and it sounds absolutely glorious! :love: :allhail:

Just sayin...
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Bump for Justice on our Glorious Championship. The Mother of all Championships. (or at least its retarded cousin)

If you have not voted yet or voiced your opinion , better do it quick, we have already started pre-planning of the new season and once we have crossed a certain point, there is no way back.

We might ask which tracks could be usable but keep in mind, track-testing is more then a whishfull thought, it requires testing of realroad, pitlights, startlights, black holes, bugs, garage spots and framerates. and personally I would prefer if we avoided questionable conversions. not because we 'need' cool graphics per se but because it sucks to drive in an rf1 environment at best, in some cases worse then rf1.
But then again, depending on the time we have, we might not ask at all :clown:

For our new members, don't rule out the FR35, it takes more then a few laps to 'get' it but when it clicks its one of the better mods out there and really suited for our type of league racing.
We will probably do another single event with it, we might need to test a few things.
Last edited by Rouke on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justin Bright
Novice

Post by Justin Bright »

Hiya guys, I'd certainly be up for joining you in a championship, if that's ok of course. I will vote yes for a championship, but not on any particular car choice, as I feel a bit cheeky, having only been here 2 minutes and because I will be equally happy with whatever car you guys settle on.

For the record my absolute favourite car in rf2 is the Howston G4, but I'm totally down with whatever car gets picked in the end. The Lola sounds like a fun suggestion too.

Excited to see what you all come up with.

Cheers

Justin
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Hey Justin. Good to see your up for a championship. Please feel free to pick a mod, your views are equally as important to us than anyone else's :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image