G'day gents

Introduce Yourself or join the introduction by Us
DMillard
Provisional

G'day gents

Post by DMillard »

Found your Skippy server running Lime Rock today, had a blast and thought I would check you folks out.
I am a 54 year old Printer/bum living in Tucson Arizona, originally from the Panama Canal Zone. Left there in late 77 to become a Pro MotoX racer in the States, I raced professionally 6 months or so until I found out that I was just a little fish in a big pond. It takes a whole lot of commitment which I didn't have at the time.
I have always liked competition, and have raced cars non professionally Local drag racing/gymkhanas etc.
I still ride bikes, and like fast cars, but find sim racing an inexpensive and less dangerous past time.
I thrive on realism, and try to race the sim cars as they are in real life. I have a lot of free time... but lots other fun things to do.. guns/shooting, landscaping my property and trying to survive in this ecomonmy.. as well as a lot of honey doo's. Married for 26+ years.
Any how hope to see you people on the track on a regular basis. For those who haven't seen me around I will leave you with this.
Last edited by DMillard on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Re: G'day gents

Post by Rick Stratton »

As a fellow 'Yank, I say welcome! :halm:
Most of the guys here are from Europe, and yes they need to improve their bathing habits, but all in all they're good guys.

:moon: :love: :clown:

But as you saw today, they can also provide as much first class speed as you can handle. :halm:
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Hi Dave! Welcome to Legends! :cheers:

Great racing tonight with you man, both fast and fair so that bodes well for the future. and if you are indeed a bum then you will fit right in. I think I am just about the only normal person in Legends :clown:

Legends is going through a bit of a transition period atm, trying to regain our footing from a long legacy starting around 1993.
So things tend to be a bit slow right now, and its of season as well.
Currently we are checking if an rf1 championship is justified (numbers) and are likely to go ahead with rf2 single events, mini series and beyond hopefully.

Best thing to do for you is to subscribe to Race Control, only admins post there, mainly-event announcements, so by subscribing to it you wont miss out anything.

Have fun here :)

Rouke aka Denstjiro
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

Dave, welcome aboard, I live in the US too, up in Wisconsin. Hope to see you on the track!
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Yep-A big warm welcome David. :welcome:

Great to race with you yesterday. :clap:
Eric Fulghum
Super

Post by Eric Fulghum »

Welcome mate :cheers:
Eric Fulghum

TWF1 - GP79 Ligier - Heavy Metal Racing #66
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Hi ya Dave

:welcome:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Dmitriy Terekhov
International

Post by Dmitriy Terekhov »

Welcome Dave and hello from Russia :byehi:
When in doubt - kick the throttle!