Canyelles Race Report

rFactor based League - Trans World Formula Classics [F167]
NJ Metcalf
Super

Canyelles Race Report

Post by NJ Metcalf »

Well that didnt turn out too bad considering I got pummeled at T1 and my team mate :(

Made a good recovery after that, made up a few places and had a gutsy battle with Mitch. Mitch I thought you would of given the place back, to me it looked like a dodgy overtake you did on me (havent seen the replay yet but just assuming :) ) but otherwise no harm done though. My race settled on really early so was stuck in 10th for a very long time, very lonely so tried to keep it on the road and finish :victorydance:

Thanks everyone, see you next weekend.

Better luck next time Nicholas (this can be our dropped round in the championship :cheesy: )
Regards,
Nigel

Peter Blom
Club

Re: Canyelles Race Report

Post by Peter Blom »

Ah well very nice race I have to say. Qualified 2nd behind Kikko driver No1.

Had a nice start and was leading for a few laps but Grant was just too fast. We had a few contacts but nothing serious in my book. Sorry if I tipped your nose on the finish straight Grant, I thought you were further behind, my bad.

In the race I received a few nudges myself from behind but it was all pretty much in the boundaries in my book. Stuff like that happens when being on the edge.

After Grant got away I had a giant battle with Vadim for about 20 laps or so. Good show Vadim, you kept it cool and was very fast. Angelo did a great job in putting down the gap to me and Vadim but when he eventuelly got there Costagos made a mistake with the blue flag and I saw Angelo crashing into him.

Thanks for then fun, see ya all in 2 weeks :thumbsup:
Murray: "BLOM IS OFF-TRACK AGAIN!"

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."
ChristianB
Provisional

Post by ChristianB »

My race was a bit rough and at the beginning i made a bad mistake and rejoined the track infront of Rouke, sorry for that :oops:

After that i was 11th. Great. I gave a **** about my plans to save the tyres and went on as fast as i could. One or two people getting off infront of me made things a bit easier but i had a good fight with a bunch of people. Then after some overtaking i met Rouke again. I was looking forward to that because we had some nice fights in the past races. But sadly as i wanted to take him on the outside before the chicane i've lost track of him. I hope that wasn't unfair from me.

It went on with fighting for positions all the time until i was 5th again. I was happy with that and 4th place was 20 seconds away. So i tried to stay where i am. Not that easy with tyres driven for 15 laps on the limit and a bit bend suspension. My rear felt like i was driving on chewing gum and it was increasingly harder to stay on the track. Accelerating was a real challenge. Then it happened, i lost it and got on the grass. I went back to 8th and had to do all the hard work again.

I have noticed that everyone infront of me was getting constant lockups and missing apex on some corners so i thought i might try to attack again. It was difficult to get pass anyone because it was very unpredictable where the car infront is sliding next. But eventually i made it to 6th place and was very close behing 5th place in the last lap. My tyres gave up in the last two corners so i was glad that the race was over.

Thanks to everyone i was racing with and sorry for the little bump here and there :)
Last edited by ChristianB on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David Faria
Super

Post by David Faria »

Well it was a great race! The result was bad, but I had major fun!

I started the race with a very dodgy burnout and had Nigel and Ray on wither side. When I went to the apex at T1, I had no idea Nigel was there, as I was worried on fighting Ray that was wheel to wheel with me. I think I am the lucky one as no harm was done to my car, but I'm gutted that that meant Nicholas' race was over. I then closed in on Paul who was very hard to overtake. Note that I was 5th at one time, but not due to extreme racing overtakes but due to the misfortune of others: first Christian spun and took time from Paul; then Jef crashed, Rouke crashed and Ralph got a bit off track. Either way, I had some amasing moments in this 6-way battle!Starting the last 3 laps, I was 7th and chasing Chris when I spun 3 or 4 times. That meant I was now 9th, where I finihed.

Great job to Grant for winning.

We'll take the 1-2 next race Paul. ;)
Superferrariman over and out!
Image Image
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

David Faria wrote:Well it was a great race! The result was bad, but I had major fun!
Same here! :upsidedown:

I was realy slow all week due to lack of effort but tonight in practise it came together somehow, pb of 56.1 in practise and then a 56.0 in qualifying, i hope this is a sign as last few seasons i allmost allways had a pb in qualifying, thats abit of a boost i have to say :)

4th place, way higher then i had expected so i was happy, especially with KikkoGrant on pole.
I dont remember everything, so much happened, but it was a great first stind racing vs others allot. Eventualy Angelo got me and i could not focus on him as i was getting much pressure from behind.
In fact, i think there was a Rouke-train building, more and more cars behind me.....crap!
But i knew that pushing it would prolly end up in overshooting so i kept it on the black stuff and trusted others to nagotiate me safely.

No problem Christian, the first time you made a booboo, thats not exactly allowed in Legends to go off and then back again without so much of a look if its safe. But its ok for me because your move only effected you, spinning arround and i had little trouble with it. next time take abit more care returning to the racing line please :)

And after that there was allot more racing to do, i'll fast forward to Christian finaly returning to his rightfull spot, behind me lol. he started pressuring me hard, very hard. abit like i do to people. But i didn't know Christian very well, was not sure how agressive he was going to be and if too much (chicane incident in mind) that might have cost me my race.
But i kept going defensive on him, eventhough he tried everything and made me very nervous at times. approaching the small chicane-crest he was allongside me, not sure where and for a split second i hesitated on keeping the line tight or going for a wider safer line and i was off allready. crap crap crap.
Entirely my own fault Christian btw, i should have given room as i was not too comfourtable racing you so close (yet)

Suspension gone, pitting, drive-through (why not) and that was it basicly. Fromt 4th to 5th to 12th and when Costa crashed out 11th over the finish line.
Allready the dropped round in my pocket :clown:

Only 3 DNF's, well done everyone!

And Grats to my teammate, pole, fastest lap, most laps led and victory, you did them all :clap:
Last edited by Rouke on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

I lapped Rouke :rofl:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ChristianB
Provisional

Post by ChristianB »

Rouke wrote: Suspension gone, pitting, drive-through (why not) and that was it basicly. Fromt 4th to 5th to 12th and when Costa crashed out 11th over the finish line.
Allready the dropped round in my pocket :clown:
I lost it here :lol:
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

The perfect opener for me.

Qualied pole, which would be short lived, Peter has been bloody immense of the line and was 1st ahead of me in T1, after a dodgy first 5 laps with me getting into a rthym i then attacked for 1st, once i was in the lead it kinda all came to me and with help from the battleing pair of Peter and Vadim i then opened a comfortable gap, Maintainted that into a win,

Really happy and a shame for Rouke, with his pace a 1-2 was deffiantly up for grabs, But strike back he will! so watch out b*tches :moon:

BTW Peter when i said about the lines down the straight it was mroe of a heads up, not a complaint. :kisswink:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Paul M Jones

Post by Paul M Jones »

I'm sorry for not attending, a event popped up and I couldn't inform you lot before the race.
Angelo dos Santos
Super

Post by Angelo dos Santos »

Very good start of the season.

I did my PB in Qualy aswell, and started on 5th place. It was good, because I was expecting be outside the Top 6 after practice.

I did a good start and got Rouke in a nice X manouvre in T2. Was following the great scrap between the Top 3, but in the last turn of lap 2 I put the gas too early, made a half spin and crashed into the inside wall losing positions to Christian and Rouke. Car was very bent and with tiny tricky braking after that. But I managed to adapt fairly quickly.
In the next lap I took back 4th place in a exciting manouvre taking Rouke and Christian in one move.

After that I concentrate on my pace and was bit by bit closing on Peter x Vadim scrap. I manage to get into them towards the last laps and was ready to attack...but while lapping Costa he put the car in a difficult position in the racing line going out of a quick corner. Vadim and Peter had enough time to past him before the corner...but to me there was absolutely nowhere to go and I crashed very hard into the back of him.
Immediately the car felt worse, and this resulted in a further off in T1 rubbing the wall hard...and then my car was a gigantic piece of garbage with 4 wheels and extremely tricky braking. So I focused in finish the race.

4th place...not bad. :thumbsup:

I enjoyed a lot the challenge of this track.
Last edited by Angelo dos Santos on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

Got decent speed out of this track early that week.
Couldn ´t get more out of it since it would ve required A LOT more laps and more changes to the setup.
Car felt manageable on a good, flowing track (good pick HQ).

Expected position in qualifying. Tried to keep it fairly save from the beginning, Peter and Grant having a really hard battle for first with me being in a good position to watch.
Grant briefly lost it at T1, I went past for second.

Since Grants pace was abysmal and Peter hard to pass, I simply let Grant past me again.
I am absolutly honest here, only thing that could ve made me win would ve been an incident between Grant and Peter....and I let em both go for it.
!Note that I of course would not wish that to anybody since both deserved a good finish! I just think that even in online racing tactical thoughts have a right of being expressed and I don´t hope anybody will get that wrong. :thumbsup: :love:

Grant soon vanished into orbit leaving me and Peter for a GIGANTIC fight for second place for the 3/4 of the race.
Really really close stuff, I had a hardcore passing attempt, PETER also made an awesome retake under braking...and so on and on.

Once I had second place, Peter was never further away then 0.6 seconds.

I nearly lost the car about three (?) times....and made a fairly rude defensive move once. ApologeeeeZ for that... :nodance:
Shoutouts Peter, really really GREAT, enjoyable racing!

Obviously a great start of the season. Lets see what the next races bring! :clap: :clap: :clap:

P.S: Unlucky for my teamie CHRIS that real life took over today, you had a really promising pace during the week! Hope everything worked out!

Cheers to everybody, hope you all enjoyed the start of the season :byehi:
Last edited by Vadim on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickCole
Provisional

Post by NickCole »

In the 10 seconds I was able to race I felt like it was going well. Got wiped out by someone at Turn 1 which took off my left front wheel, but scraped around to the pits. They fixed the wheel, steering was still horrible and I was given a stop-go.. my apologies, but at that point I'd had enough. I'm apologising to my team mate and for those who helped me throughout the week, who I've let down.
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

An epic tussle of a race.
I choked a bit in qually, a half second shy of my best, over focused on doing a legal lap I think. But that half second would have probably only promoted me a place or two, I started 7th and got an average start losing positions to Rich and Jef early on. I got back past Jef soon after but didnt manage to get clear as I joined a train of cars behind Rouke. There are no good passing places here so I was looking out for any mistake from the car ahead, following Rich very closely I saw him get off-line a bit around the last sector so I made a move and got alongside going into the turn before the pit entry. I judged the apex was mine but I guess he didn't see me and moved across to take his line, I braked and locked a wheel but we collided and he spun unfortunately, sorry for that Rich. It felt like a racing incident so I continued with Jef now challenging me hard as I caught up with Rouke. I failed to take my opportunities at passing him, with hindsight I might have got by on the back straight kink but I cut the apex to avoid possible contact. Jef got his nose inside my line a couple of times with contact which I managed to save but the second time I lost a few seconds rescuing the car and lost 3 places back down to 9th and the leaders now long gone.
A few laps later Jef was gone and I was back attacking Rouke with Christian as ally we pressured him into an error at the second chicane and finally got past. Christian was very eager to pull away but I kept close and he got sideways, I was up to 5th with David Faria close behind. Checking my mirrors his car appeared to have vanished suddenly, a quick peep behind and I lost the car, running over the grass and he got past me. In response I pulled off one my best passes at turn 2 pulling out last moment, locking up but claiming the inside line forcing him wide behind the lap car, I was back up to 5th but Christian wasn't done yet, he too got past David and attacked me again, a moment of hesitation as a lap car got sideways across my path and he was through. But again I chased him hard and when he went deep into chicane 1 I got a better exit and slipped past, I clocked some decent laps as he fought with David again but it was only just enough as Christian again caught me on the final lap. I kept it tidy and was just able to maintain the position to the flag. I don't ever remember fighting so hard for a fifth place, very intense and absorbing competition. With my team mate Angelo in 4th it was a good start to the season for BOUS
Image Image Image
Peter Blom
Club

Post by Peter Blom »

I'll be more carefull next time Grant. Have in mind that it is very intimidating having a guy like you in my gearbox...my mirrors seem to have a delay because of you speed :lol:
Murray: "BLOM IS OFF-TRACK AGAIN!"

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."
Kat
Super

Post by Kat »

NickCole wrote:In the 10 seconds I was able to race I felt like it was going well. Got wiped out by someone at Turn 1 which took off my left front wheel, but scraped around to the pits. They fixed the wheel, steering was still horrible and I was given a stop-go.. my apologies, but at that point I'd had enough. I'm apologising to my team mate and for those who helped me throughout the week, who I've let down.
Unfortunately within legends rules your race ended at the point you lost your wheel. I cannot comment on the incident itself as my stewards team need to discuss it, but unfortunately had you continued you'd have been disqualified as the rules specifically state that you cannot replace detached/missing wheels in the pits (you can, however, fix any other damage that the sim will fix for you)
The Racing Kat Blog
2010, 2011, 2012 Race Steward
2012 Chief Steward
Race Report Writer