No auto-calibration at windows-start (Thrustmaster RGT)

Hardware, Software, Internet, Email, Security, OS, Simulations, Etc.
Georg
International

No auto-calibration at windows-start (Thrustmaster RGT)

Post by Georg »

Hi there,

my wheel (Thrustmaster RGT FFB Clutch Racing Wheel) doesn't auto-calibrate at windows start anymore and of course, doesn't work well in iRacing anymore.

For a couple of months, when I exited iRacing the wheel would turn fully to the right and where stuck there. I could turn the wheel to the left but it would again turn fully to the right by its own. Only when I turned-off the computer or started iRacing again it would get back into "neutral" / the center.

When it was fully stuck to the right the wheel was getting very hot after a short time.

Now since today, the auto-calibration at windows start doesn't work anymore. It will turn to the right but not to the left and doesn't get back to the center.

In iRacing I can still drive, but the wheel will center to the right of the middle which makes driving very difficult.

Anybody ever heard of this ? Any ideas ?

Of course I already deleted the Thrustmaster drivers and installed the lates ones.

Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Re: No auto-calibration at windows-start (Thrustmaster RGT)

Post by Rouke »

Does it also have a profiler like Logitech? which realy sucks like the Logitech one?

My wheel go's dead for no reason, everytime i want to race i need to first unplug/plug the usb in order for it to become alive again. also when my pc is asleep and i activate it again my wheel starts to recalibrate lol. wierd stuff. can't be arsed to fix it though.
But yeah, maybe that will work for you as well, pull the plug of the wheel out, put it back in. easy fix if it works but it sounds like you got a bigger problem.
Last edited by Rouke on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Georg
International

Post by Georg »

There is no profiler thing like the Logitech ones.

Unplug/plug makes no difference to the auto-calibratoin at windows start.

Here is what happens:

And this is what happens in iRacing:

It's as if the motor to turn the wheel to the left is broken. When I turn the wheel to the left there is resistance, if I turn it to the right there is no resistance at all.
Last edited by Georg on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Leo
Super

Post by Leo »

Good, you have a politically incorrect wheel! :halm:

It doesn't sound like a software problem, Georg. Good old hardware failure is always an option, of course, but impossible to say from a distance. Is it possible to reverse left and right, just like you would with speakers when trying to locate a faulty amp channel?
LIFE IS RACING, THE REST IS WAITING
Georg
International

Post by Georg »

Leo, how would I do that ?

Leo
Super

Post by Leo »

Can't really say without seeing the wheel.
But I would open the wheel casing and see if could find the wires that power the motor(s). Then I would do something like this: swap the left and right power wires (after disconnecting the wheel from the mains and PC first!), turn it on again and see if it still doesn't want to turn left. If so, it's a hardware problem. If not, it's a software problem. Do I make sense?

It won't solve your problem but at least you'd know where to look.

Alternatively your wheel may go up in smoke. Don't blame me if it does, you'd probably had to buy another one anyway...
LIFE IS RACING, THE REST IS WAITING
Georg
International

Post by Georg »

got an RGT from a buddy of mine, that works so I guess I have a broken wheel