Bitten again !

rFactor general discussions
Ian Mills
Provisional

Bitten again !

Post by Ian Mills »

Hello eveybody.

So, i dont do much driving these days but i loaded up GP79 again last week for the first time since my race with you over a year ago. HUGE mistake, i cant leave it alone. The mod i bought rFactor for a few years ago is the only mod that just keeps my smiling and coming back for more. (Even if there with a years break in between each go). I seem to have broken a few pb's in the last few days so i am quite pleased but driving on your own gets dull after a while. I googled round to see who/where was running it, and i cant find a single download link for this great mod. I know its not perfect but it's such a shame.

With this in mind i bought gp79.net and uploaded the mod with the origional tracks. Just for somewhere for this mod to be got by those who can appreciate it.

I know you guys still run it and that your F1 season is coming to a close but if any of you fancy some practise time on the old tracks you are welcome to join the small server i have put up.

I hope all is well with you all and speak soon i hope.

_m
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Re: Bitten again !

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Time fly's so quickly, I can't believe a year has gone by so quickly. Great to hear from you again Ian. :)

I have to agree with you about the GP79 mod, it has and still is standing the test of time, at least here at Legends.

Our final race of this season is on the 10th june at Limerock Mountain so if you feel up to it let me know and either paul or myself will assign you a car set to choose from.

Cheers,
Bret
Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Mon May 28, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Hi Ian :byehi:

Nice to see you again, what bret said or at least join us during the week in testing for the final round? two clubs, both have 2 races at least so fun is uppon you :)

Whats you server called?
Last edited by Rouke on Mon May 28, 2012 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ian Mills
Provisional

Post by Ian Mills »

Thanks guys !

Well, joining you would be great. I work most days so i will have to rush home if i was to join you. Thanks for giving me the option, you are too kind.

The server is simply called GP79.net
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Ian, maybe its helps abit to give the file a propor discription. because there are quite a few updates so maybe rename it to GP79_2.0_to_2.01.7z
will be easyer to find as well for people.

i just checked, our download link is dead, it was on megaupload :)
Ian Mills
Provisional

Post by Ian Mills »

Good idea,

Renamed

_m
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Martin do you mind if i change our (dead) download link to yours in our download section?

http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... nfo&id=559

I will change text as well, crediting you for providing the file.

it will be helpfull for our members and by the looks of the numbers of downloads (753) many others as well :)

If you dont want that, dont feel obliged, just tell me to bugger off :upsidedown:
Last edited by Rouke on Mon May 28, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Martin do you mind if i change our (dead) download link to yours in our download section?
Calling Ian "Martin" is a good reason for Ian to tell you to bugger off :cheesy:
Ian Mills
Provisional

Post by Ian Mills »

Bret Metcalf wrote:
Calling Ian "Martin" is a good reason for Ian to tell you to bugger off :cheesy:
LOL

Be my guest, link link link. The more people have it the better. I find that the types of drivers that are drawn to this mod produce good racing, even on public servers. Lets start a revival ! hehehehhe

_m
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Page updated: http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... nfo&id=559

Thx Martin i mean Ian!! :asiangrin:
(sorry about that)
Ian Mills
Provisional