Post by Max Gallo »

Just to be clear,
i know the exitment of standing starts,
and the risk sim-drivers have to accept,
what i sad is only that i prefer to try to avoid or reduce incidents at start,
to have a long race.

Incidents on first lap are a common issue in many sim-leagues
and it is not a simple question.

I think that the biggest factor is the drivers park, more experienced and less aggressive in the first lap they are
less incidents happens, but this depends only of each driver behaviour.

You can risk your own to gain positions , is your freedom,
the problem is when your behaviour may involve other drivers in incidents, so what about your responsability?

In this case i think league's rules could answare to this question.

All that is only my personal opinion.

Cya

Max
Last edited by Max Gallo on Tue May 05, 2009 9:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Max Gallo - Official Team7 Racing Driver
Dave Kadlčák
Super

Post by Dave Kadlčák »

Max Gallo wrote:IMHO punishments are not well balanced, the race start and 1 lap punishments should be more hard to have effect.

For example i prefer to invert qualy illegal lap punishment with 5 points for accident:

If you are guilty at race start ruining other drivers race, next race you will start from pitlane.
I think that a rule like that maybe helps the driver to be more careful in future ;)

Max
I agree with this. 1st lap accidents should be weight heavier than the rest. At least first X number of turns. (not just going into T1).

In some N03 leagues I raced in, we had a no passing until passed T2 policy, but this was on rolling starts of course. ... just a thought.

Dave.
  I.V.G.A. Member #2552 - ICR2 hotlaps
Dave Kadlčák
Super

Post by Dave Kadlčák »

erased duplicate post - stupid corporate crappy-ass proxy'd firewall internet connection
Last edited by Dave Kadlčák on Tue May 05, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  I.V.G.A. Member #2552 - ICR2 hotlaps
DaveH
Super

Post by DaveH »

Ok David, we got your last post in stereo (two posts), but never mind. :)

I have no doubt many leagues have T1 issues and deal with them in many different ways. When I raced for MARA we would also bring in the no passing rule until after T1 if we had a few races with T1 upsets! It is a tool at the race organizers disposal to calm T1 down for a few races... but I would not like to see it as a long term rule!

Deducting points for qualifying corner cutting, formation and first lap infringements may not hurt some drivers if they are not into chasing league points! The start from the pit lane or lose of grid places hurts more and tends to attract a drivers attention IMO. I am sure many drivers will not agree with that though! :shock:

DaveH
David Kadlcak wrote:
Max Gallo wrote:IMHO punishments are not well balanced, the race start and 1 lap punishments should be more hard to have effect.

For example i prefer to invert qualy illegal lap punishment with 5 points for accident:

If you are guilty at race start ruining other drivers race, next race you will start from pitlane.
I think that a rule like that maybe helps the driver to be more careful in future ;)

Max
I agree with this. 1st lap accidents should be weight heavier than the rest. At least first X number of turns. (not just going into T1).

In some N03 leagues I raced in, we had a no passing until passed T2 policy, but this was on rolling starts of course so it probably wouldn't make too much sense with standing starts.

Dave.
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Yes thats a problem to, some drivers dont care about points and just want to have fun.
so increased penalty's wont hurt them.

Unless someone gets suspended from a race of course so looking into a different penalty system catering for T1/lap1 could be usefull.

mind you, the Stewards allready only look at formation laps and first laps, never beyond lap1 unless there is a complaint filed.
so the lap1-issue has been with us for quite a while now.

good thread so far, Max if you have any more ideas on how this problem should be aproached (even specific penalty's) just write it down (or anyone else)
any feedback is greatly apreciated.
Last edited by Rouke on Tue May 05, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image