Forum Issues and Problems

Hardware, Software, Internet, Email, Security, OS, Simulations, Etc.
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Forum Issues and Problems

Post by Ray Walton »

Okay this is in the right area so folk can add in this thread any problems they have too.

My problem is one mentioned in the TWF1 section by Leo and that is how the hell can I see which messages in a thread I have not yet read. Okay I can see that there are threads WITH unread messages but once in the thread I cannot see where those messages start, in Yahoo of course I could as they were shown in my mail client in bold type for the subject. This for me is a PITA.

I am fairly happy with everything else but still when using the web to create replies and messages I worry about losing typed posts by the internet going down before the message gets sent. I get around this by hitting Cntrl A and then Cntrl C before sending just in case. I liked my mail client for this as it saved a draft every minute or so and thus I had a complete or almost complete copy even if my computer crashed.
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

When looking at the list of topics within a forum, if there are new posts in a topic then there will be a Image icon next to it. Clicking on the icon should take you to the first new post but unfortunately this doesn't always work too well (anyone know of a phpBB2 enhancement which improves this behaviour?)
MarioW
Super

Post by MarioW »

I use the top right button: "View posts since last visit" and then click on the icons, like rik described it with the middle mouse button, to open them in new tabs. Then it jumps to the last post in the threads for me.
Ciao Mario ಠ_ಠ
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

i just watch threads that have new post in them and i just remember where i left of previously in the thread.
not that hard tbh.
and if you dont remember just browse through the thread real quick untill you recall the conversation and where u left off.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image