TWFC Weight test - F167 @ Rouen Les Essarts

rFactor based League - Trans World Formula Classics [F167]
Angelo dos Santos
Super

Re: TWFC Weight test - F167 @ Rouen Les Essarts

Post by Angelo dos Santos »

Peter is right. The one in the server is not the one from the trackpack.
Lan Weingerl
Rookie

Post by Lan Weingerl »

yeah same here.... i cant get in... :cry:
A Lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing is important to men who do it well. When you are racing, it is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting...

For some it's maybe madness... For me it's passion...
Angelo dos Santos
Super

Being fixed as we speak.
David Faria
Super

Post by David Faria »

Sorry for the punt Peter. Very ashamed... :oops:

Bad race weekend... Karma here is very bad!
Superferrariman over and out!
Image Image
Peter Blom
Club

Post by Peter Blom »

No Problem David! It did not really costed me time. Now let's talk about the historical Legacy of Portugal compared to Great Britain..... :clown:

Great racing y'all! Hope we gonna do this again at Interlagos on saturday Angelo!!! :mrgreen:
Murray: "BLOM IS OFF-TRACK AGAIN!"

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."
DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

Sorry I had to bail on you guys but I got a game freeze in the first race, my rFactor installs have been very flakey lately. I had upgraded video drivers a couple weeks ago and they were very glitchy so I went back to my old drivers but my computer has never been quite right since. So I got out today and reinstalled new drivers since they have put new ones out from the last upgrade I did. I had done some research and I found a lot of people were having trouble with those drivers so we'll see what these new ones do!

Sorry I missed out on the test today.
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Here are the results guys.
Weight, Race1
  • Ralph 75
    Grant 75
    Angelo 50
    Rouke 50
    Peter 25
Weight Race2:
  • Grant 85
    Peter 75
    Angelo 50
    Ralph 25
    Rouke 25
Thx all for joining in and helping out! :cheers:

After this event some things are clear and some are not (yet)

For example even 85KG wont stop people like Grant from getting good scores but they will have to pull out all stops to do so. And that is what we are aiming for, we dont want to stop them competeting or having fun, just slow them down so others can have opourtunities.

50KG does its job as well, 25 only marginaly.
The system will add weight for top 6 and you lose weight outside of the top 6.
The tracks are different so a smart driver will take that into consideration as well.

Angelo brought up an interesting point, tirewear, it seemed to decrease rapidly after 14 laps. during the season we will be doing single heats from 35 to 20 laps depending on the track.

However, with the last minute panick of the server having the wrong track i made a mistake, tirewar was x6 in our races and we will have zero tirewear during the season.
So i think that clears up your concerns Angelo?
If i guess this right tirewear will still be an issue with weight but more towards the end of races.

If anything however, a driver having 75KG's means he has won races and earned allot of points, it is no problem imo if they have a more difficult time with 75KG. they will have to adjust setup, driving style or even tactics. if they can't manage to do so, tough luck :)

So lemmi hear what you think about this all. i need your imput and keep in mind, this all could effect you in the upcomming season, both positive and negative so its worth spending some thoughts on it.
Last edited by Rouke on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Angelo dos Santos
Super

Tyre wear was at 6x? Six? That explain a lot.
Well, so I think that 80kg as maximum is perfectly bareable.

Ralph and Grant were quite competitive with 75.

That is about it.

Have to say that both races were very good. The first one was a show. :thumbsup:
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

I personally dont see the point in 80kg. Its easily bearable, true but whats the point? 75kg falls right into the rythem of 25kg for race wins and would be more simple to stick to that rather than worrying over and extra 5kg that tbh doesnt effect you in the slightest.

With 75kg my car felt like a normal 67 car. Only difference was of course the speed, both braking and acceleration was instantly hindered. So much so i was loosing 1.5-2.5 seconds a lap. This is exactly what i had hoped for. Weight that doesnt destroy the cars handlingbut slows you down.

85kg was exactly the same only i was still matching my lap times with 75kg, weird tjing was i had defualt setup loaded for race two so down back straight i was hitting the rev limiter at 174mph.. so i could of gone atleast another half second quicker per lap if i didnt forget to load setup.

My opinion. 75kg is pefect. Same weight system as 79's and your good to go.

One things for sure. Weight will deffianlty improve this season from last.

Oh and Rouke... 6X tyre wear.. come on really.. i was shitting myself thinking that tyre wear was on normal lol
Last edited by Grant Riddall on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Have to agree, 85 over 75 dont add much and we have to take into account drivers with less experience with weight then Grant. At this point he's able to adjust setups for it on the fly having had so much to deal with it in the past. others have not.

Plus 75 will be much more managable for us as its the same system as TWF1.

Even last season nobody was able to take a leap so this will only balance things out abit more and give drivers food for though during the season.
http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... Itemid=615
Last edited by Rouke on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image