No Internet Connection on Win7

Hardware, Software, Internet, Email, Security, OS, Simulations, Etc.
Mitch Simon
Club

No Internet Connection on Win7

Post by Mitch Simon »

Lost internet connection a couple days ago after loading win7. It was working for a couple of days and Monday I came home and connection was unable to load. I am assuming it is because of an update of some sort. I Switch to my other HD that has XP and everything runs fine, so I know its not the hardware or a driver unless the drivers are reading differently for XP. What in win7 would do that before I reinstall it? Has to be Win7 issue because like I said XP works fine.
Mitch Simon
Aka: CartAndretti

Kat
Super

Re: No Internet Connection on Win7

Post by Kat »

Does the Wifi connect to the hub?

Reason I ask is sometimes windows has the stupid ( and annoying ) habit of deciding it doesn't recognise the network and decide it's a hugely dangerous network you've connected to and thus refuse to use the internet connection to it. (You have 3 options, unknown, public and Home - from memory. Unknown will basically shut down the network connection.
The Racing Kat Blog
2010, 2011, 2012 Race Steward
2012 Chief Steward
Race Report Writer
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

did you try Le Google?

enter: no internet with W7 but still with xp
and a shitload turns up allready.

4xmple http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/431 ... t-internet
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mitch Simon
Club

Post by Mitch Simon »

Thanks for the help peeps, much appreciated. All I can say is WOW. I looked at what Kat said and did and seen the network setups but did not figure out how to delete public and there was another setup. Click on home network but still nothing. Did a recovery and that still did not help so I ended up reinstalling. Then I come to work and read Rouke post. I searched the internet for the same phase as the title and I did not see that post, guess I did not phrase it right. Really frustrating when an answer comes after you tried so hard. This is why people dont like to reformat. Thanks again Kat and Rouke.
Mitch Simon

Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

well next time give peeps abit of time to respond lol, you posted on the 10th, i posted on the 11th :cheesy:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mitch Simon
Club

Post by Mitch Simon »

Posting this situation for the next person. I was unable to figure out what Kat was speaking of above until I went through the tedious task of reinstalling Win7. In doing so installed all the critical programs one by one to see that was causing my no internet connection issue without restarting the computer. Once I did restart and the updates that were waiting to be installed were done gave me a lost of internet connection again. Wishing I took a pic of my settings so you could see, I went to network and sharing, seen the two network settings that Kat described Home and Public (which public I did not ask for, came after update), clicked home network local connection, disabled and then enabled. Look at the settings once again, public was gone and internet was once again established. WTF, RIGHT. Thanks again peeps for your support.

Scratch above, still getting the same setting appearing in Network and sharing. I have disabled public once again, enable by going to local connection, once established went back to local, properties and unchecked ip ver 6 and restarted. Seems to maintain that setting. Still searching google (my friend that is not helping much) for the cause of this setting. Interesting that Win 7 has been out for over a year and this issue is not addressed by microsoft with a clear solution and the post on the subject are minimal at best.
Last edited by Mitch Simon on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Simon

DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

Mitch Simon wrote:Posting this situation for the next person. I was unable to figure out what Kat was speaking of above until I went through the tedious task of reinstalling Win7. In doing so installed all the critical programs one by one to see that was causing my no internet connection issue without restarting the computer. Once I did restart and the updates that were waiting to be installed were done gave me a lost of internet connection again. Wishing I took a pic of my settings so you could see, I went to network and sharing, seen the two network settings that Kat described Home and Public (which public I did not ask for, came after update), clicked home network local connection, disabled and then enabled. Look at the settings once again, public was gone and internet was once again established. WTF, RIGHT. Thanks again peeps for your support.

Glad you got it Mitch, cya tomorrow!