TWFC Upcomming test details

rFactor based League - Trans World Formula Classics [F167]
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Re: TWFC Upcomming test details

Post by Rouke »

Vadim wrote:So how much then? Be precise instead of throwing around with 2nd class sarcasm.

Edit: You know what...fuck it. 67 reloaded won't get picked anyways. Why bother trying to establish what should be obvious but apparently isn't...(quality of the mod etc.)

Nice weekend to everybody :byehi:

Nice one mate. Go's to show how much we can rely on others in trying to find the best for the League.

I've asked your opinions and you might want to be a little bit more patient next time and wait for others to voice in, and then we can reach a reasonable conclusion.
If (more) people come up with valid arguments (other then stating its realy simple) we can dive into it from different angles and see what it brings us.

If its just an induvidual member wanting 'his' choise because its awesome then you clearly do not know what this league is about.

On a personal note, i'de rather get into arguments with people prior to a season and see some people dissapointed, even if its me, then going into a season and having to deal with dissapointed members behind the scenes, or openly critisizing the shit out of everything, or not bothering to show up for races anymore, or worse, finding another league. simply because we did not prepare a championship carefully enough or because we wanted to please the 2 or 3 induviduals with a strong opinion and ignore those whom dont say much but show up every frigging race regardless of what we create for them. and thats the majority btw.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

I mean whats your view about what mod youd like to see Rouke. Not that you chose a car cos its lighter

And Vadim. If you have any idea how much goes into weight allocations you might even see how what you said is actually a piss take..
Last edited by Grant Riddall on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Well i would like to see Reloaded as well if we where able to iron out the major issues.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Yup. Me too. But would we have the time to sort out these issues.?

One aspect to what Vadim wrote that i think is important to say..

Quality is not everything, its use-ability, would we honestly rather go with a mod because of "quality"?

Id like to see more opinions as well.. voice up members ;)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

:cheesy:
NJ Metcalf
Super

Post by NJ Metcalf »

Personally I felt the cars better with the 2.3 67's than the reloaded ones but I enjoy them both. This season I'll be able to participate (properly) in TWFC so I dont mind, either one would be great imo :)
Regards,
Nigel

Peter Blom
Club

Post by Peter Blom »

havent tested reloaded bit i've heared it's pretty good.

Was silently hoping for a 1971 season though...I've heared many of you already did multiple seasons of 1971 but as a newer member I have not! :cheesy:
Last edited by Peter Blom on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murray: "BLOM IS OFF-TRACK AGAIN!"

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."
Frank Oreskov
Super

Post by Frank Oreskov »

Sadly this time of year is always quiet, which is a problem indeed as Rouke says because we need opinions from the drivers, otherwise we might lose even more drivers (even though they might've left for other reasons than the cars/leauge). I've only tried the Releoaded cars for the special event but found them quite interesting and involving to drive without being too difficult. This might be because it was old Monza and not the Nürburgring Nordschleife however. I never blew the engine, including testing, and I had to redline and shift gears constantly with the BRM so I think the autolift upgrade worked. Since I've only ever driven the reloaded and not any other versions you've tried then I can't tell how big the differences are but maybe we should have a poll to better keep track of who wants want? Maybe some of the silent members who have read this topic will also then make their voices heard, at least by a poll selection? Maybe the poll should also ask if people have driven the other car choices?

Frank
Last edited by Frank Oreskov on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Peter Blom wrote:havent tested reloaded bit i've heared it's pretty good.

Was silently hoping for a 1971 season though...I've heared many of you already did multiple seasons of 1971 but as a newer member I have not! :cheesy:
Nothing is decided yet Peter, this thread is just about Classic vs Reloaded, the 71 mod is likely to be in the poll and then we'll see what comes out of it.
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Grant Riddall wrote:Yup. Me too. But would we have the time to sort out these issues.?

One aspect to what Vadim wrote that i think is important to say..

Quality is not everything, its use-ability, would we honestly rather go with a mod because of "quality"?

Id like to see more opinions as well.. voice up members ;)
We dont have the time to sort out all issues no. typically we will discover even more things during testing. and that was the original point to begin with.

If we can we go for quality of course, we have done so for 12 seasons with GP79. it is a subjective topic though, as i explained before, the Legends goals can differ from the induviduals goal and this includes quality as well.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

When quality and use ability go hand in hand its hard to see a downside.. such is gp79
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

My personal opinion:
67-Reloaded:
Drives well, looks well and sounds are really good, looking after the engine does add another element into it which I enjoy, it punishes mistakes severely when over reving, dare I say that most of us have yet to explore the limits of it racing together in online races though, with the cars being different, one or two races at a couple of tracks is simply not enough imo to determine who get's what car. In our first race (at Monza),allocating the cars as we did, seemed to work out pretty well though, so that is encouraging.

A good few drivers blew thier engine, some admitted the fact that they made mistakes (perhaps getting a bit too excited when dicing or pushing)but most made it to the end. Then there was the autoblip upgrade, overall it "seemed" to work ok but I cannot commit 100% and say that all was well with it, then there was the upgrade to the new version which may have played a hand in affecting the mod (for better or for worse).

imo the first version (with the additional auto blip file) seemed to be better in terms of gearing and reliability.

Its a tricky one to commit too right now but let's see what happens over the next week or so.

F1 Classic 67 V2.3:
No real issues. Last season was not only a succesfull one but an exciting one.

F1 71:
We have of course raced these before, I liked them very much and most of other peeps did as well.

In summary:
So for me I'm easy no matter which one gets chosen. The other thing we are considering is handicapping (success ballast). One thing we have learned (mainly with the 71's), to much and it's a killer in many respects so I was thinking of (no matter which mod gets chosen) have the same success ballast as TWF1 (25kg,20kg,15kg etc etc) so that the weight goes on and comes off on a more gradual type basis, smaller amounts instead of large amounts.

Just my thoughts :)
Phil M
International

Post by Phil M »

hello

My point of view:
I feel 67' mods too complex to drive
71 should be the best choice (with many classics tracks)

I think we have to change with the 78 mod logic
looking for the lightest car the more powerfull and the best handling

the best driver will be always in the top

philippe
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

I'm not sure if its too complex Phil, i've seen a few drivers not 'getting' the mod but that was because they tried to drive it like GP79 or other more modern cars, and that just dwont work well.

These cars realy need a different way of driving and once you find that out its not more complex then any other mod realy.
Last edited by Rouke on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.