About rFactorcentral and Simraceway aka Ignite Skill Gaming

rFactor general discussions
Frank Oreskov
Super

About rFactorcentral and Simraceway aka Ignite Skill Gaming

Post by Frank Oreskov »

Not sure if this should go in the pub but since it's mainly rFactor-related I'm posting it here, it can always be moved if it was wrong.

In another topic I mentioned that rFactorcentral had been taken over and some seemed to not know this. I just saw this which recaps the story and tells what's now going on with the business that appearetly did buy rFC outright: http://www.virtualr.net/ignite-skill-ga ... cing-game/

Frank
Image Image
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Re: About rFactorcentral and Simraceway aka Ignite Skill Gaming

Post by Rouke »

Thx for that Frank.
i dont understand why these people are trying to make money in the simracing world, its just what, 2% of the digital gaming market? there wont be allot of people paying even if they come up with something worthwhile which is probably not gonna happen anyways.

Damn shame about rcentral though, i remember when it first came online and he had trouble hosting mods, i had a website at the time with lots of space and nothing to do with it so i gave him acces to it and for the first months he used it to kick off rcentral. And look at it now :nodance:
Last edited by Rouke on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Risto Kappet
National

Re: About rFactorcentral and Simraceway aka Ignite Skill Gaming

Post by Risto Kappet »

BUMP :checkeredflag:

Although the game is simply rebranded rfactor and they only allow horribly understeering default setups for races (i literally fall asleep during hotlapping because the whole goal to go fast is to
best detect when understeer ends.. in a toyota ts020)
BUT although i payed 8$ to get in, race winner gets 70$ :banana: and even if i finish 7th in the A-final i still make a profit, im willing to drive anything for that!
im currently trying to get atleast a few setup settings open. At the moment the competition is fierce with some very skillled understeer detectors but i tried practicing online and with
a few clicks of setting up i could beat them all to hell.

http://community.simraceway.com/simrace ... _weekend_7

also there are plenty of other smaller events which give real $$$ for going quick and some special events even get prizes as trips to their real racing complex
a guy named Peter Duivelaar who i have raced with in many leagues got there aswell, this is exactly the money and fame i strive for in simracing lol