What do you think of this section?

Discussing and analysing racing situations

Moderator: Rouke

Warren
Super

What do you think of this section?

Post by Warren »

Sorry but I've not had enough time yet to have a starting topic so we will start of as soon as possible.

So for now I would like to start of with these two simple questions:

1. Do you think this section will be helpful for driving standards?
2. Will you accept that in the future race stewards will use this section to analyse driving behaviour and use it for their analyses?
Warren Pieterse
If you wanna win and I am behind you.. you better forget all your other problems. Cause the only problem your facing.... IS ME!!
Tony Cederholm
Super

Post by Tony Cederholm »

1. I think this is a great section to get good conversations about incidents, which you can learn alot from. In the future it will hopefully lead to less "stupid" incidents and result in better racing.
2. I will accept that stewards will use this as well :P
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

1. Yes sir, i love the idea.
The Stewards have been involved in noumerous philosophical dicsussions-on-the-side to detemin wether surtain issues could improve, adjusted or should be re-defined in order to increase the overall driving standards.

i expect us here to have samish discussions (although abit more lenghty) and that can only be a good thing.

2. Yes, it could be a great asset to the Office in helping along the community.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
NJ Metcalf
Super

Post by NJ Metcalf »

Hi Warren

1 - Yes :D :D

2 - I accept, I think It's a great idea.

Regards,
Nigel
Corrado Toxiri
Super

Post by Corrado Toxiri »

I think that this section is not used enough :lol:

For example, a few of the "big" accidents that brought higher penalty points in the past season, should have been commented here, what do you think?
Regards,
Corrado Toxiri
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

The problem discussing big incidents from our championships is that it puts a magnifying glass on 1 or 2 people.
You run the risk of putting blame and shame to people publicly whilst the Stewards Office have allready reviewed and penalized it making it a double whammy for those involved.

This is something discouraged by HQ's and others to do publicly in race reports and such so its kinda a mixed message.

To avoid that one could put up theoretical incidents to discuss and learn from but i doubt that is effective.
I have thought of topics to post as well, even with video's to go along with it but only our own incidents realy would be effective. even a video in black and white most people would know whome the ill-doers are.

In my opinion the Stewards Offcie should take an active part in this forum section.
Throughout the season the Stewards (and sometimes members of HQ's) are involved in pretty complicated items, not so-easy-to-solve issues and other more lighthearted but important nonetheless conversations wich all are directly related to legends racing and effect most of us one way or the other.

If the Stewards would bring out some of those discussions to this forum it could get realy interesting.
For the stewards there would be a wealth of wisdom to leach from, the members would get a sence of what is going on in some areas and in an ideal situation a consencus could be reached publicly.
Last edited by Rouke on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corrado Toxiri
Super

Post by Corrado Toxiri »

Agreee, Rouke, that was also my point although I didn't elaborate much in my post. I think that the original purpose of this section (people putting their own accidents under discussion) is not working so much.

A change in this can be what you suggested: the Stewards might start threads on complex situations. Or, they might ask to the racers, who had the accident, to post something here about it... kind of "lesson learned" statement.

I agree that it does sound too much for the poor driver who has already spoiled his own race and probably other driver's races as well... double punishment is too much.
Regards,
Corrado Toxiri
Warren
Super

Post by Warren »

You guys are right I haven't been to active in this forum. No excuses I should have though!

The accidents that happen during our league races are of course a shame but they are already covered by the stewards office so there is no need to discuss them here immediately. However if the same kind of accidents happen alot during our league races they will get covered because here is the place to talk with our drivers about the cause of these accidents.

This forumsection is to improve driving and racing standards. Not to punish anyone.
Warren Pieterse
If you wanna win and I am behind you.. you better forget all your other problems. Cause the only problem your facing.... IS ME!!
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »