UK&I skippy league

iRacing general discussions
MarkF
Super

UK&I skippy league

Post by MarkF »

Great fun this week at Lime Rock, great battling throughout, I took 16th and I think Ben Daniels was 11th, broadcast event too, I even got mentioned this week LOL.

Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Re: UK&I skippy league

Post by Baz West »

Nice one Mark, looks like it could be interesting, will check it out.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Im seriously contemplating trying iRacing seriously and watching this only fuels that :lol:

Great racing
Last edited by Grant Riddall on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

All I can say is the Skippy has changed, I found it very difficult to drive when I switched from RF1 to Iracing, it was an off throttle over steering bitch, in fact you didn't need a steering wheel just use the throttle.

I recently changed my wheel and decided with the upcoming addition of Formula Renault to drop back from the Lotus 79 and start to relearn driving in Iracing with a view to progress to the Renault 3.5 and maybe start up a league or something similar.

Sadly these races I am in are only for UK&I Club members so exclude many here, but so far the racing is second to none, drivers have learnt when to concede and when to fight, of course there are still incidents, but that's the nature of the beast, but you don't have people deliberately blocking or ramming you from behind.

I think Project cars has potential for a more relaxed fun league, I think the driving model is most certainly relaxed, but Iracing is still number 1 for me.
Regards

Mark
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

Come on, Grant. Go ahead and join and we can get Legends back on track with iRacing. As much as I would like to keep rf2 alive, there doesn't seem to be much incentive.

I followed Mark's advice and tried the Skippy. It's not bad at all. Massive difference between the current version and what I remember from several years ago. I only tried it briefly, but I will spend more time with it. Years ago, I spent a decent amount of time on real world tracks, so I really want to try iRacing from a complete neutral point of view to see if it has any resemblance to reality. If it's even remotely close, I will get rid of my bias towards iRacing and sign up for a full year. I'm mostly interested in a League atmosphere rather than official races, but I may end up doing those if Legends activity lags behind.

B.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

I must also add, My accuforce has gone back for warranty work, I am using an old G25, wow Direct drive makes a lot of difference the G25 feels like I am driving on ice, I just cannot "feel " the car on the road catching slides is a 50/50 whereas with the DD its a 90% certainty and you do not over turn in. Now I have only had it 6 weeks and not done a lot of serious driving as I have been tweaking the software, a bit half heartedly as I knew it had to go back, but I was surprised how different it is, I also had a go with Baz's T500 a couple of weeks ago and that felt dead too.

Anyone sat on the fence but serious about getting a DD go for it, OSW is a DIY approach, depends on motor but around 1400 quid the Leo Brodnar is the Pro approach at 2800 quid and then you need to buy a wheel or the Accuforce which is consumer territory with a growing company and a few teething issues regarding customer service but 1500 quid delivered incl taxes.

Also if Iracing is your thing then Black Friday sales are always a 50% reduction in a years subs so cheaper than a full price game at 50 dollars. Factor in you may want to buy a few tracks and cars later on too, but trickle them in monthly and its not so bad. I have 40 plus tracks/cars so get a 25% discount on any new purchases, plus race 8 or more official races in a series and collect bonus Iracing dollars, I bought a track and a car and it actually cost me 3 dollars as I had banked these bonus dollars.
Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Hi Mark is this everything you need?
http://simxperience.com/products/access ... cepro.aspx
Thats $1748 +shipping ?
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Baz West wrote:Hi Mark is this everything you need?
http://simxperience.com/products/access ... cepro.aspx
Thats $1748 +shipping ?
Yes it is, just check around that you can bolt it straight on your rig though, I think you can otherwise you may need to order mounting brackets too, the base has no angle to it so mounts level with the wheel at 90 degrees.
Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

OK Mark thanks for that, I am thinking of ordering before I try yours, when are you expecting it back?

Will be at the Skippy race tonight CYA there?
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Baz West wrote:OK Mark thanks for that, I am thinking of ordering before I try yours, when are you expecting it back?

Will be at the Skippy race tonight CYA there?
No idea on when it will be back, sadly the only thing letting them down is customer service, stuff does get sorted and fixed so no fear of being left high and dry, but they are a small company still and response is slow and not very informative.

All I will say Baz is they take the money straight away, due to the way the website works unfortunately, but if you cancel you get a full refund, so I if you are happy with that order now if you want it before xmas come try mine and if you don't like it cancel. You will like it though :lol:

Might be at the skippy race, the G25 is so Blaaaaaaaah!!
Regards

Mark
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Tonight's race, Bazzer and I qualied very close, unfortunately I got flipped in the first hairpin, the driver PM'd me to apologise, he had damage he was unaware of and affected his braking.

Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

I enjoyed that, I was super cautious first lap and lost 4 places from P22 fun fighting back some close racing and should have finished P17/18 got tapped round last lap, finished P19 great fun.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast