melbourne race report

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
maiph
Legends Admin Team

melbourne race report

Post by maiph »

The usual story. PB in qually good enough for the back row. Confusingly there was no warm up lap and I picked up a few places on lap 1. Then got clobbered by Martin into turn1, not really a passing place. Spent a hopeful few laps scrapping with the other tailenders but could find no consistency then had a big smash up and lost my front wing. Wasn't really enjoying myself so bailed.
And yet I am classified 13th, my second best result of the season so mustn't grumble.
Last edited by maiph on Sun May 03, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
Joern Oliver
Rookie

Re: melbourne race report

Post by Joern Oliver »

Pace a little better than last few races.
Unfortunately no other cars around but enjoyed driving anyway, finished P7.

Greetings, grats Podium, Joern
D1525
Rookie

Post by D1525 »

Car behind me (M gerber) didnt start. Trying avod collision, finaly i got collision with car behind me (P Flores) Sorry to P Flores, he couldn not avoid it and kill me ino wall. Also sorry to D Cessna, for some reason he appear before me and was very slow, i lost situation.
Mart2
Rookie

Post by Mart2 »

Sorry Ralph, I'm trying not to make a habit of it but that's 2 races on the trot :oops: sorry again mate, what happened to the parade lap ? correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure we have a parade lap every race this season bar Melbourne ? it caught me unawares.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

The formation lap was a mistake on our behalf. Most likely a server setting.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mart2
Rookie

Post by Mart2 »

Grant Riddall wrote:The formation lap was a mistake on our behalf. Most likely a server setting.
The start came and I pootled off towards turn 1 wondering why one or two cars were streaming past me :lol:
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

Unexpected 2nd place for me. Got 2 spins that cost me a lot of time and worn the tyres so much. I had to stop after only 22 minutescos rear tyres we're Under 50%. From there i concentrate much more and focus on just saving tyres and driving smooth. I start gaining places slowly, some others mistakes got me up to 4th place. Then i had Marcel Gerber as a target for a podium finish, he was about 9 sec ahead. I catch about 1 sec per lap and when i was some 3 sec behind him i saw tafkams heading to pits for a repair. I was now 3rd and looking for 2nd. 2 laps from the end i was right behind Marcel but tafkams was right behind me. Entering S3, Marcel made a small mistakes in the fast chicane, he then moved on the right side to protect, i went left, from my view i could not see anyone but i knew him and tafkams we'Re very close. At the braking point i was surprised to see tafkams running wide so bad but from the Inside. I manage to stay in front of marcel to hold the 2nd place. I had a left front brake failure at the 2nd last corner, i was Lucky to be able to keep it on track and hold my 2nd place to the line.

Thanks legends-league for hosting once again.

Gratz Race_one for another win.

See you at Spa.
Life is short, ride fast