TWF1 Round 3 / Monza / Sunday 8th March

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

TWF1 Round 3 / Monza / Sunday 8th March

Post by Grant Riddall »

Legends League now travels to Italy for Round 3 of the official ASR F192 Championship. Situated North of Milan, this 3.6m (5.7km) will see drivers use max throttle for around 85% of the track. Harsh braking points will test the brakes to the extreme. Brazil and Silverstone (Round 1 & 2) witnessed 29 & 26 drivers respectively on the grid. We have already seen some amazing driving and even some rivalries are now sparking. With only a point separating the top two this could be a tense race for all.
Due to the low downforce profile this track has, undertseer will be a serious threat come race weekend. Traction will be vital to a quick lap so let's hope that rubber sets in quickly.

Details are below:

Date: Sunday 8th March
Server : Legends-league
Password: For password please visit: view...109566#p109566. (members only)
Track: http://www.racedepartment.com/downlo...d?version=4897
Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/413b3usune...170.rfcmp?dl=0
Vmod: http://legends-league.com/downloads/rfa ... ONZA.rfmod
Assists: Auto clutch only
Damage: 50%
Perc ferme: Off
Weather: Dry
Pit stops: Open
Setups: Open
Flags: Blue, wave only
Skins: Yes

Time schedule:
Practise / 40 minutes / 19:00GMT
Qualifying / 20 minutes / 19:40GMT
Warm up / 10 minutes / 20:00GMT
Race / 60 minutes / 20:10GMT

Formation lap: on the formation lap please keep a reasonable 1 second gap between you and the car ahead. Let the leader determine the pace of the formation lap. Also, once lining up please do not stop completely to do a burnout to warm the rear tyres.

If you are wondering how to become a Legends member and join in on the championship please visit http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.php.

There will be a 30 minute practice race on Saturday 7th March at 15:00GMT.

Good luck to all competitors... We look forward to seeing you on track

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2 ... GMT-%2A%2A

Race announcment on homepage has now been updated.
Last edited by SteveC on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Damian Baldi
Club

Re: TWF1 Round 3 / Monza / Sunday 8th March

Post by Damian Baldi »

I'm out of the championship until a new build fix the stuttering and freezing problems.
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Damian Baldi wrote:I'm out of the championship until a new build fix the stuttering and freezing problems.

Sorry to hear this Damian, your place will be reserved. Let's hope the next build will be in the next couple of weeks before Catalunya. That way this race could be used as your dropped round.

If there is anything we can do to help please let us know!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Jef Vannijlen
Super

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

i can join the server, but i cant race, only spectate.
It was ok a few days ago.
#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79
Damian Baldi
Club

Post by Damian Baldi »

It is just the combination of these cars with Monza, is impossible for me with this build. I can do some laps, but I get a freeze every two of three laps. While these freeze occur, I can't control the car or see other cars.
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance
Jef Vannijlen
Super

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

Have u tried turning off replays?
#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79
tafkams
Rookie

Post by tafkams »

Jef Vannijlen wrote:i can join the server, but i cant race, only spectate.
It was ok a few days ago.
Same problem here. Could solve it by clicking car select. When driving i had some lags/stottering thought i was the only one on the server.

The days before i had no problems.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

This is another build bug. Solution - enter server, click car select, change car - DO NOT CLICK 'BACK' - CLICK 'RACE' and enter server. Note this only works in P sessions.
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

:oldgit: IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS :oldgit:

Virtual Rides
Please could everyone refrain from using Virtual Rides for the moment, Gijs has found problem's with them and the servers. which may have been the cause of disconnect and maybe spiking problem's, If it's found for sure that the Virtual Rides aren't causing the problem's then you can go back to using them.

Virtual rides are creating some .rcd file that should be removed also. See picture.

For my part, i had to removed Ralph Maiph and Sébastian Vettel v-rides. Simply had to delete them folders.

How to detect virtual rides: enter the game, click on legends-league server, you'll see all the cars list installed on your computer. Note the ones listed as "virtual rides", go back in your folder : C:\Users\Principal\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\F1_ASR_1992_V170 (default installed for me) and delete the v-rides you noted.

As for Ralph and vettel, those who are using it can simply copy their skin in an existing car so they can still use their skin. Has to be the car that they create their skin from.

Hope i am clear enough, English being my 2nd language.

Thanks everyone for helping us all !!!

Steeve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is short, ride fast
Roberto
Rookie

Post by Roberto »

I normally have no problems running rF2 with my GTX 970's in SLI. I wanted to try out running with HDR on so I turned off one GPU and started rF2. I immediately noticed a stuttering and saw the CPU bar maxed out. I never had problems like this before this latest build. Now I understand what Steve has been saying.
STATIC
Rookie

Post by STATIC »

I had 2 of those files. Deleted
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

IMPORTANT!! Last week some guys could not access the server for reasons known not to us or anyone. I did check the forum last week before Q and R but there was no posts by anybody and I did not find out of the problems until after the race.

So this week we will again put the usual password on the server, HOWEVER if you have a 'server connect failed' problem then POST HERE in this thread ASAP. If multiple people cannot connect, at the end of practice we will save the rubber, REMOVE the password, restart the server with the rubber as it was, and carry on with perhaps a delay of a few minutes. We will manually boot anybody who is not meant to be there.

We will check here on the forum until 19:30 GMT - ie 10 mins before the end of official practice.

About the server connect fails - IF you have the 'old ui' or any other kind of alternate UI remove it. These guys are always the ones with such problems.
About the server disconnects at session start - IF you have a Virtual Ride pls remove it! Virtual Rides, in a addition to breathing softly next to it, cause bugs with this server build :lol: Many thanks. *edit see Steeves post here for instructions viewtopic.php?p=110711#p110711 Thanks Steeve :thumbsup:

As for the disappearing cars, I do not think for one moment reinstalling the server will cure this, I have seen it in many different servers and it is clearly the build not our server, we can only wait for ISI to fix this, it does not happen too often lets hope it does not afflict the race today.

Phew and on that note GLA look forward to seeing you later. :thumbsup:
Last edited by SteveC on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roberto
Rookie

Post by Roberto »

HELP!!
Whenever I try to log in, it puts me into the SERVER place, not in the racers spot. I can't race.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I tried the "virtual rides" file removal and switched cars but still had same issue. Only when I turned off PC and restarted it, switched back to original car and start practice did I finally get back in to race.
Strange. I had no problems racing yesterday and I changed nothing.
Last edited by Roberto on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Same prob as tafkams Roberto see here viewtopic.php?p=110707#p110707
[GER]Race_One
Rookie

Post by [GER]Race_One »

I also had the problem with the spectator view.
I have unistalled the vmod and deleted it. After that i started rf2 and selected the server and all was ok for me.