Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Re: Celica GTO @ ISI Malaysia 19:00 GMT Sunday 25th Jan

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Looks like there was a good turnout! And some seriously fast laps times too. Well Done Ari, and thank you Steve, Fun2Race and Speedracin for putting together yet another successful combo event. :clap:
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Rick Stratton wrote:
Grant Riddall wrote:
maiph wrote:Forgive me Grant, no doubt you have explored this fully in advance of my prompting!
But there is a lively ISI screenshots thread so it must be possible-unless the protocol is different for that thread?

Yep, I may post a thread showing some screenshots of this weeks event but mainly just to see if I can somehow post the pictures. :roll:
Easy-peezy!

1. Go to Legends front page
2. right click on the poster - select "Properties"
3. copy image address (URL) [ex. http://legends-league.com/twfr/images/CelicaGTO_Mal.jpg]
4. while composing your ISI post, select the "Insert Image" button
5. Select from URL tab
6. I found that unchecking the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" reliably produces a perfect image in the post. I think this retrieve and reference locally someway buffers the file on the ISI forum server but it may have some kind of limitation. disabling this has the image being pulled directly from our webserver, which is more than up to the task. :halm:

EDIT: the actual code looks like this **NOTE, in order to show you the code and not make it actually pull the image here, I substituted soft parenthesis brackets "( and )" around the IMG codes instead of the required square brackets "[ and ]"

(img)http://legends-league.com/twfr/images/C ... .jpg(/img)
Okay just noticed something wierd. I posted the image and still came up as having a link. However when I sign out and view it as a guest it shows! So does all the others. Yet when I sign in they show as a link.. Any clue as to why that is?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Grant Riddall wrote:Okay just noticed something wierd. I posted the image and still came up as having a link. However when I sign out and view it as a guest it shows! So does all the others. Yet when I sign in they show as a link.. Any clue as to why that is?
That's going to be a question for the ISI webmaster. :?
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)