ASR F1 '92 @ Imola Sun 1st Feb 19:00 GMT

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

ASR F1 '92 @ Imola Sun 1st Feb 19:00 GMT

Post by SteveC »

So now we head to Imola for our final warmup race before the F1'92 Championship officially begins! Post in this thread to sign up to the championship viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9685

All content is available on our home page or via get missing component on the server.

There have been serious accidents in previous races, anybody who pulls a stupid move which end with 2 cars in the gravel may find Grant Riddall on their doorstep the following morning with his baseball bat :bat: :cheesy: This will be a serious championship, the mod is blessed with extreme performance, we must all drive properly and fairly at all times, and we will be paying especially close attention to any incidents in this final warmup race.

As discussed in the last round, we are now putting only a minimal amount of rubber in the real road and will allow the rubber to build throughout the race weekend.

Good luck to all competitors!
Last edited by SteveC on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Re: ASR F1 '92 @ Imola Sun 1st Feb 19:00 GMT

Post by Grant Riddall »

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2 ... post336498

Again, this track is so easy to end your race at, and others. Please drivers, be mindful of your actions before you make a move that will end not only your race, but others. Hockenhiem we saw some avoidable contact and would, as a league, like to stamp that out now before the season starts.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Damian Baldi
Club

Post by Damian Baldi »

I can't be there this time, but I will next one.
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

I love how this version of the track gives you an immersion if how big the sorroundings are.

As I said to Grant yesterday though: They butchered the track layout...WOW. Horrible :lol:
Plus, these conversions look ugly... :moon:

On the setup side, I guess Imola now requires a lot of downforce which I didn't want to accept when testing it for the first time :clap: .

Curios about lap 1 on this circuit, sector 1 alone looks like a deathtrap for more then one car!!! :oops:

You ll be missed Damian!
Last edited by Vadim on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roberto
Rookie

Post by Roberto »

SteveC wrote:
There have been serious accidents in previous races, anybody who pulls a stupid move which end with 2 cars in the gravel may find Grant Riddall on their doorstep the following morning with his baseball bat :bat: :cheesy: This will be a serious championship, the mod is blessed with extreme performance, we must all drive properly and fairly at all times, and we will be paying especially close attention to any incidents in this final warmup race.
I hope your not referring to the accident where Grant and I were driving into the same curve and Grant cut into me and caused us to go into the gravel? It was a racing incident. He must have known I was there.

Edit: oops! I just watched replay again and I got Grant mixed up with the other Riddall driver, Ray Riddall. I even apologized to Grant yesterday for the incident. I bet he thought I was nuts!

Nevermind my question above. I feel guilty for the incident but I hate it that we have limited viewing angles. I kept thinking both Ray and the yellow car were under my bumper and if I moved over to set up for curve, I would have wrecked so I had to commit to curve and hoped other drivers see me so to give me room. I even cut the apex but to no avail.
Last edited by Roberto on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Roberto wrote:
SteveC wrote:
I hope your not referring to the accident where Grant and I were driving into the same curve and Grant cut into me and caused us to go into the gravel? It was a racing incident. He must have known I was there.

Edit: oops! I just watched replay again and I got Grant mixed up with the other Riddall driver, Ray Riddall. I even apologized to Grant yesterday for the incident. I bet he thought I was nuts!

Nevermind my question above. I feel guilty for the incident but I hate it that we have limited viewing angles. I kept thinking both Ray and the yellow car were under my bumper and if I moved over to set up for curve, I would have wrecked so I had to commit to curve and hoped other drivers see me so to give me room. I even cut the apex but to no avail.
:rofl:
I had you confused with someone else too! I was taken out on the 1st lap haha.

But no that statement was generally because we have been seeing some irresponsible driving and are getting a little worried about it not easing up. We are a league that prides itself on clean racing and recently have been seeing some drivers letting that slip...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
StrawmanAndy
Rookie

Post by StrawmanAndy »

Should be racing tomorrow, not got any setup again so hopefully I can make a quick one in the practice session. :banana:

Also hearing the news of James "SpeedRacer" Stevens passing is upsetting, I did not know him but he still my condolences to his family and friends.
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

Can we expect some rubber to build for for Imola's race? For now there's absolutly no rubber at the end of any practice or qualify sessions. Seems to be constant green track.

Thanks for info!

Steeve
Life is short, ride fast
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

There is rubber at the start of practice in fact, just less than usual. For the race the rubber will build over the practice Q and race sessions. We did it this way to make it more interesting.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

I see what you mean Steve, its green :mad: Let me see...
cookie
Provisional

Post by cookie »

the driving wont get any better if you dont talk about it....as a slower driver i see this alot- and this is what roberto is referring too- he is in the same boat as me - , i bit slower - but what i see alot of is what rosberg tried to do with hamilton at spa l2014 F1 - dive bombing the apex just because you are faster than the guy in front-

so it goes like this: you race someone down the straight and pull up beside them off the racing line-and try to beat them to the apex of the next corner......i see this multiple times every race and that is not how you pass someone- you have to give up the apex if you have not cleary gained the advantage of the racing line - usually it results in someone sticking their car right where the car on the racing line has to go in order to make it around the turn- its uan unavoidable collision or an 'off' caused by the faster car hogging the track - it is blatant and a proper marshall would pick it up- this is what i believe roberto was referring to.....its racing etiquette and not obvious to the uninitiated, but it has to be clamped down on and stopped because it is rampant - usually casued by a faster driving having an off to begin with and then trying to slice their way back through slower traffic- maybe only us slower guys get this sort of treatment on track ?
Steeve Fournier
Novice

Post by Steeve Fournier »

Cookie, i think you are right, people should be more carefull when overtaking, and make sure that if they attempt a manoeuver, they will leave more than enough room for the one that being attacked.

Same goes for the one who is overtaken. When he can't see the driver behind in his mirror, he should be aware that he his on his side, and therefore leave some room at the apex. No need to go completly off the racing line, because if the guy behind respect that "etiquette", he will eat the curb to leave you room.

Then starts the side-by-side racing fun that we all are searching for :thumbsup:

As a new Legends-league member, I'm not sure if that policy applies or not?? But i think it does. If you want everyone to finish the races, you NEED to act like this. If you apply the "real" rule, i.e. the one who is slightly ahead have the right to use his racing line, we will get more incidents.

Steeve
Life is short, ride fast
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Steeve, Cookie,
If you read Section 19 of the TWF1 General Rules, this area [Driver Race Conduct] is covered. After much discussion over the past few seasons, the decision to define these rules as such has been made through multiple seasons of having a full Stewards Office [1 Chief Steward and a minimum of 2 more Race Stewards] examining many questioned incidents. We felt that to get too granular with the rules themselves would be too restrictive. But as a former Chief Steward here at Legends I will say that what you two have discussed here is taken into consideration during any incident investigation. My personal philosophy [as Chief Steward] was to place the primary responsibility of a safe overtake on the OVERTAKING driver, not necessarily on the driver being overtaken. Yes, the driver ahead does have certain responsibilities to be spatially aware of those around him/her, but with the limitations of FOV and mirrors in simracing some of that burden must fall on the driver attempting the overtaking. That said, in my mind the overtaking driver must demonstrate A] the overtaking maneuver had a reasonable chance of success when initiated [to prevent insanely questionable or dangerous moves] and B] made all efforts possible to prevent contact during the maneuver. Other Race Stewards and/or Chief Stewards may have made slightly varied rulings on a common incident over the years, but on the whole I think there has been remarkable consistency between them.
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Another pre warning guys. Tonight respect the track limits, because we will be checking once the championship starts.
StrawmanAndy
Rookie

Post by StrawmanAndy »

Some drivers...

I quit the race tonight because I was being rubbish but I was pushed off and just the number of drivers crashing into each other. I hope when the league starts we get consistent drivers. I had a good opening few laps with someone infront (sorry I forget who it was but I was P8, him P7) and we rubbed and touched but nothing major like dive bombing. Guy behind me then just takes me out with a tap, too late on the brakes, sends me spinning.

Sorry for leaving but I spun like three times, car was a pig and was just not interested to finish because I wouldn't learn anything.