Formula Renault 3.5 @ Barcelona, Sun 23rd Nov 19:00 GMT

rFactor2 general discussions
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Re: Formula Renault 3.5 @ Barcelona, Sun 23rd Nov 19:00 GMT

Post by Rouke »

Sorry guys, we've got a bit of a family crisis going on atm, nothing too major but still...

I've cranked up the datarate for the server btw.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

On my cell phone now....After all this the f@#kin power just went off 5 mind ago.
Justin Bright
Novice

Post by Justin Bright »

Ran a few practise laps earlier this afternoon. Been ages since I raced this track, most likely on rf1 or one of the Simbin games. The track is really nicely suited to these cars, it has a lovely flow to it, although that final chicane is a pain in the backside.

Managing 1:31's in practise, which looks to be predictably, miles off the pace of the front runners as usual, based on what I saw in the server earlier. Looking forward to this, just cooking dinner, then I'm on it like a car bonnet. :clown:

See you guys there. :thumbsup:
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Have I joined the wrong server or something. Me and dad plus 2 pick ups with 10 mins of practise left....Now that's enthusiam.
Last edited by Grant Riddall on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

Well some of us had a decent race in the end, 8 or 9 cars turnout. Trouble was the race was set to only 10 laps and we had no admins to sort it out. Where did you go Grant?

And I should mention that we ran lag-free :clap:
Last edited by maiph on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Well I kind of screwed my own evening up. I joined and in qualifying I went to post in the forum and upon trying to re enter rfactor my computer jammed up.. Thus a restart... Then my computer just wouldn't start up :/

Have to be honest, with Rouke away with family committments, Bret having connection issues and Bogdan unavailable, I still was very disappointed with the turnout from actual Legends Members. Was thinking if I could even face firing up RF2 due to the turnout if my computer restarted in time. For a week that was CRITICAL to test the new server after last week... I dunno.. I know people have commitments but... Well I dunno it's just disheartening to see...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

Sorry again for not being able to make it.

Grant - cheer up, man. It's not that bad. We've had decent showings recently. Also, it looks like this forum came alive with the mention of the F192 mod. Maybe that's what we need to pull in the numbers. I'm going to try it myself later this week, but I will miss the FR3.5 mod if we decide to switch. It's been the best sim experience so far for me.

B.
Justin Bright
Novice

Post by Justin Bright »

A fun but somewhat lonely race for me. Caught between the ever speedy Ralph, Ray and the other front runners and the back markers. So a shorter race was actually kinda nice to stop it feeling like a time trial. The server behaved perfectly, even with my woeful Internet connection (things are really bad at the moment, so much so that I'm considering biting the bullet and paying the early termination fee, so that I can switch providers). Big thanks to everyone who turned up and of course a special thankyou to the organisers. This was a fantastic combo, really good fun with these cars.

Cheers.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Sorry I did not make this one guys, thought I would make it on time but didn't :(
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Bogdan wrote:Sorry again for not being able to make it.

Grant - cheer up, man. It's not that bad. We've had decent showings recently.

B.

That's not the point I'm trying to make. Where was the attendance when we needed it most. The server situation is far, far from sorted guys and for a week were we needed to strain it in some form, well it just didn't not happen when we needed it most.

Sorry I'm not trying to moan, But like I said I undertsand people must have other problems & commitments.
Last edited by Grant Riddall on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Yeah, sorry I missed this one too, Barcelona has always been one of my favorites.
Real world issues stepped in and had me tied up well into Sunday afternoon [2PM race time for me here].

How was the server for everyone?
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

9 cars so nothing learned really.