Welcome Jacob Gehrett!

Introduce Yourself or join the introduction by Us
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Welcome Jacob Gehrett!

Post by Rouke »

or Oscar Juliet, not sure which is which, welcome anyways :cheers:

Oscar wrote:
I'm a 22 year old volunteer EMT about to attend college for helicopter flight school at Embry Riddle. I am new to sim racing but I'm all about the online competition. I own rFactor2 and play raceroom racing experience but I can't stop thinking about what Iracing offers online. However they are insane with the pricing. 1200 USD for all of their content plus a membership. I'm looking for a group that I can race with once a week and make the most of my racing experience.
and asked:
Is this group limited to a specific type of vehicle or do you use everything rfactor has to offer depending on the event?
We have been doing single events for a while now, different cars/classes/ whatever we thought was fun. One more single race to go and then we will start with the new championship using the Renault 3.5.
Info on that will be published this week.

Have fun here :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Oscar Juliet
Provisional

Re: Welcome Jacob Gehrett!

Post by Oscar Juliet »

Thank you for the welcome. Meant to post this here instead of new topic. Also I just realized I made my forum name my online handle. Almost everyone calls me Oscar Juliet but if I need to change it somehow just let me know.
Last edited by Oscar Juliet on Mon May 12, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Welcome Oscar :) :clap:
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

A big warm welcome to Legends Jacob. Look forward to meeting you on-track sometime in the future.
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD
DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

Welcome to Legends Oscar!

We're glad to have, you'll find it a good group to race with, if you need any help with setups just ask!
Oscar Juliet
Provisional

Post by Oscar Juliet »

Well I am here asking! :tongue: I am a flight simulator fan looking for a change. Always was a fan of race 'games' but never really got into full on simulators. I saw the latest event posted and was wondering what needed to be done to participate. I have read through the rules and guidelines and from my understanding I just have to practice on my own, get in on the club events during the week, and get ready for the grind on race day. If I qualify I can race, if not, too bad. Just wanted to know if I'm on the right track.
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Oscar Juliet wrote:Well I am here asking! :tongue: I am a flight simulator fan looking for a change. Always was a fan of race 'games' but never really got into full on simulators. I saw the latest event posted and was wondering what needed to be done to participate. I have read through the rules and guidelines and from my understanding I just have to practice on my own, get in on the club events during the week, and get ready for the grind on race day. If I qualify I can race, if not, too bad. Just wanted to know if I'm on the right track.
All correct apart from the qualifying, you can race regardless of qualifying. you will just start from the back if you miss it :)
In single events like we are currently doing all are welcome.
In official championships the only requirement is that you are a reasonably safe driver and understand the rules.

Our server is up all week and its good practise for everyone to practise on the server as it will show laptimes and sector times in Livetiming which is a great tool for all of us getting prepared for sunday.
Last edited by Rouke on Mon May 12, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Oscar Juliet
Provisional

Post by Oscar Juliet »

Thank you for the quick reply. I found out all the times needed for the events and then the race. Thought I had to work at first but looks like I'll be available.