LRM race reports

Off-season, Special and Annual events are all discussed/announced here.
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Re: LRM race reports

Post by Rick Stratton »

As someone having been away from simracing for a while, not to mention someone who's youth-like reflexes have vanished, I like the fact that we're even discussing some slower classes of racing. Just because they're a bit slower in no way makes them less fun, and I would even argue makes them equally difficult. The difficulty just shifts from one aspect of racing to another. Slower cars [IMHO] demand even more precise racing as there is less opportunity to overcome a mistake with brute power/braking that many other series offer.
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

Rick Stratton wrote:As someone having been away from simracing for a while, not to mention someone who's youth-like reflexes have vanished, I like the fact that we're even discussing some slower classes of racing. Just because they're a bit slower in no way makes them less fun, and I would even argue makes them equally difficult. The difficulty just shifts from one aspect of racing to another. Slower cars [IMHO] demand even more precise racing as there is less opportunity to overcome a mistake with brute power/braking that many other series offer.
Arguements that might be true for rf1 to some extend but are absolutly out of date for rf2. Atleast for me rf2 punishes you everytime, regardless what you drive.
There is more rush of controlling a faster car in rf2, thats for sure.
Last edited by Vadim on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

But also the fact that in slower cars the differences are smaller and fast guys have to come up with something pretty damn good in order to remain ahead.
And since rf does indeed punish hard with mistakes it gets all the more exiting and opportunities await those whom might be slower but safer or more consistent.

But yeah, up the stakes with faster cars and it becomes insane. just that not allot will be able to deliver all the time. so more gabs probably.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Ive always thought a mod that doesnt purfurate your eyes with motion blur due to the speed is good. Mods like the 90's+ in my view are complete and utter crap and useless to race with. Mods like 79's where speed round a corner isnt great proves to be more entertaining for me.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image