TWF1 Spring 2013 Most memorable moments

rFactor based League - Trans World Formula 1 [GP79]

Moderator: costagoz

Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

TWF1 Spring 2013 Most memorable moments

Post by Grant Riddall »

Hey guys. I was wondering about what my most memorable moments in the previous season were and i then thought, what were others most memorable moments.

Mine have to be 3:

1: Instanbul. Rik and me batteling like maniacs for this 3rd spot and having an immense personal battle. I had so much tyre wear i had to use smoother lines just to hold him off. He had soo much pace with his brilliant setup. In the end i lost out by a good move he put on me on the last lap :lol:

2: With Rik again. Brands Hatch.. Racing and driving as fast as i could only to see Rik do a non stopper. Pacing as fast as my car allowed to then battle with him on the last lap... Epic. Got him by 0.004 of a second on the run down to the finish.... priceless :kisswink:
Brands Finish.jpg

3. This one was at Zandervort. Qualifying went shits up and Rouke had to literally calm me down. At the start he paved the way for me to get into 3rd and challnege for the win which i would eventually take.. I love that team work stuff. So rewarding!

So like i said. What were your most memorable moments? :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Re: TWF1 Spring 2013 Most memorable moments

Post by Rik Walker »

For me it had to be winning my TWF1 comeback race. For sure I was off the pace & rather handed the victory by others' mistakes but it still felt really good :)

Those two ultra close finishes with Grant too, of course. Of the two I preferred the Istanbul one, not just because I came out on top :) but because it went on for many laps of good, close & fair racing. The finish at Brands was incredible but that was entirely a strategy thing and I only had two laps of any sort of racing in that one.

I somewhat self-destructed in the last two races but they still had some real positives - for the first time I felt able to at least match Grant on pure pace and I was seriously outperforming the car given the ballast I was carrying. For this reason alone I hope we do have another GP79 championship to see if I can really match Grant over a whole season (this time I was in the title chasing position I was in large part due to the freak first round win and the specifics of the ballast system working in my favour).

Finally though, the best aspect has to be that I found rF really fun again. I still reckon that iR is the technically best sim at present but it really comes down to who you are racing with. Nothing I've experience in iR has managed to match TWF1.
Kat
Super

Post by Kat »

Highlight has to be winning the teams title assuming that's what's confirmed of course. Frank and I entered the season with a simple plan, stuck to it, and proved that hard work on setups and strategy combined with straight forward race plans put us in a strong place.

My Monza win just has to be second in the list.. simply because I just didn't expect it. I was convinced, based on what evidence I could glean from SUDS etc., that while I had a good car/setup I simply wasn't getting the pace. That didn't improve in Club where I was off the pace (although I wasn't improving my time on Quallies so was getting frustrated too)...

Then just nailed it in practice and had the pace all race.. while I finished mid-pack on fastest lap I simply didn't need to go any faster and caution on the first couple of laps lost the tow to Jan meant I neither had low fuel nore a tow all race. Pacing a race like that tough, must be one of the toughest things too do.. I knew riding the curbs was risky and thus wanted to keep off them.. but new I needed to respond to Jaka - end result.. awesome race..

Third I think is a tie between my first ever pole - probably less of a shock than Monza as I was 'on it' and just banged in what was probably an epic lap.. and then was 2 tenths up on the next one but hadn't enough fuel!! The other half of the tie I think was Interlagos - race long battle with Rik which came down to tenths at the end was great fun!!
The Racing Kat Blog
2010, 2011, 2012 Race Steward
2012 Chief Steward
Race Report Writer
Eric Fulghum
Super

Post by Eric Fulghum »

For me it would be my run at Zandvoort. My first podium in what would be Division1.
The last time I won was when we had two divisions and I was in Division2.
Last edited by Eric Fulghum on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Fulghum

TWF1 - GP79 Ligier - Heavy Metal Racing #66