Heads up about club races thursdays and saturdays

rFactor based League - Trans World Formula 1 [GP79]

Moderator: costagoz

Frank Oreskov
Super

Heads up about club races thursdays and saturdays

Post by Frank Oreskov »

We just had 2 club races with around 7 people and despite a lot of spins and bumps then it was great fun and just as importantly it gives good data to adjust driving lines, setups and learn other drivers' rhythm on the track so you can race close and clean in the main race. The good mood despite the "action" (a lot of action :lol: ) also just proves the good atmosphere here in the league :)

So, if you're able to attend and want to improve for the main race, or just have fun if you're not (yet) racing in the main championship then by all means, stop by and say hi :byehi:

P.S. I know this is a bit of an attitude change for me but I'm tired of being gloomy and I'd rather see a half-full glass of juice than a half-empty one, and you really do get a lot out of the club races when you open your eyes to it :) Ok I'd better stop now or I'll start singing Chumbawamba :lol:

Edit: Perhaps this should've gone in the main rFactor subforum since both TWFC and TWF1 have club races during the season?
Last edited by Frank Oreskov on Thu May 30, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Kat
Super

Re: Heads up about club races thursdays and saturdays

Post by Kat »

Frank you can't count - was 9 :P

Jef, you, me, rouke, PC, bret, ray, Jan, CG
The Racing Kat Blog
2010, 2011, 2012 Race Steward
2012 Chief Steward
Race Report Writer
PhilC
International

Post by PhilC »

Rfactor crashed twice both after crossing finishing lone after 3 laps looks like i got decent pace too :)
Paul Langford
Super

Post by Paul Langford »

I would have been there but I'm in a hotel room just outside Munich ....will be there fir the race tho' ..back home sat evening :)
Image Image Image Image

Car #69 2009 TWFA CHAMPION
DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

I wish I could make the Thursday clubs but over here in the States most of us are working then, Saturday I normally try and make it, BUT this Saturday I'm running in a 12 hr LeMans endurance race, I have the opening stint plus a few more and can't wait. I love the drivers swaps and just making sure you bring the car home mentality, fun stuff!
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

I had to abort race2 for a phonecall I was expecting. other then that, pretty great club, good to see more then 2 drivers in club hehe!

I hope Chris gets his mismatches fixed, the more the better eh? :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Jan Premuzic
Novice

Post by Jan Premuzic »

It was nice being on the grid again....I even forgot where my clutch button is haha :lol: :lol: ......Do we have a skinpack this season??
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Chris Goetz
Rookie

Post by Chris Goetz »

Frank Oreskov wrote:We just had 2 club races
..and I enjoyed every minute of them. Thanks for being so friendly and helpful overall and changing the server settings, so that I could join you, even with my .HDV mismatch. Hope the reset didn't put Rik off. He was missing afterwards.
I can't say for sure if my game will be fit for Sunday's race, but I'll try to fix it (by reinstalling each component) inbetween renovating my new apartment.

Looking forward to the next session!

Kind Regards
Chris
GOGUL
Rookie

Post by GOGUL »

Im gona check this tonight after work to try a connect with you Sat
C'est dans sa voiture, seul sous son casque, que l'ont voie le vrai visage d'un pilote.
Only in his car, alone under his helmet, you see the true face of a driver.
Frank Oreskov
Super

Post by Frank Oreskov »

I tried looking at my replay to see what went wrong at Variante in the first race but the race reset meant there was no replay. I remember saying I needed to adjust my brakes but did I go wide and bump into anyone (besides blocking the HMR car behind me).
Kat wrote:Frank you can't count - was 9 :P

Jef, you, me, rouke, PC, bret, ray, Jan, CG
Oops, and to think I have a student exam from the math line :oops:
PhilC wrote:Rfactor crashed twice both after crossing finishing lone after 3 laps looks like i got decent pace too :)
That was weird, but I'd say you definately have pace, and you're using a controller now? :o
Paul Langford wrote:I would have been there but I'm in a hotel room just outside Munich ....will be there fir the race tho' ..back home sat evening :)
Ok you're excuses, this time :cheesy: Hope you'll be back and ready to give it your all for the final points of this season's championships! :victorydance:
DaleB wrote:I wish I could make the Thursday clubs but over here in the States most of us are working then, Saturday I normally try and make it, BUT this Saturday I'm running in a 12 hr LeMans endurance race, I have the opening stint plus a few more and can't wait. I love the drivers swaps and just making sure you bring the car home mentality, fun stuff!
Preaching to the choir dude :checkeredflag: Good luck with the race :victorydance:
Rouke wrote:I had to abort race2 for a phonecall I was expecting. other then that, pretty great club, good to see more then 2 drivers in club hehe!

I hope Chris gets his mismatches fixed, the more the better eh? :)
Yeah, I was on the server for what felt like a long time before finally Ray and Rik showed up, and then after that it started to get going. So you had a phonecall, that explains it, I couldn't believe there was car after car that left the server, I thought you'd all had one big pile-up :lol:
Jan Premuzic wrote:It was nice being on the grid again....I even forgot where my clutch button is haha :lol: :lol: ......Do we have a skinpack this season??
Great to see you again, the grid is missing the black and gold racers, as is the skinpack I assembled, Rouke gave you the link.
Chris Goetz wrote:
Frank Oreskov wrote:We just had 2 club races
..and I enjoyed every minute of them. Thanks for being so friendly and helpful overall and changing the server settings, so that I could join you, even with my .HDV mismatch. Hope the reset didn't put Rik off. He was missing afterwards.
I can't say for sure if my game will be fit for Sunday's race, but I'll try to fix it (by reinstalling each component) inbetween renovating my new apartment.

Looking forward to the next session!

Kind Regards
Chris
No problem, I really hope you get it fixed. I don't think Rik was put off by the reset, it didn't really delay us since we just cut practice short.
GOGUL wrote:Im gona check this tonight after work to try a connect with you Sat
Welcome Gogul, hope to see you on track saturday.
Last edited by Frank Oreskov on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image