League issues

All other Legends League related discussion
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

League issues

Post by Rouke »

Hi all, this is not an april fools joke, trust me on that please, things just got serious and there's no reason for joking around atm.

some things that need to be addressed:

First of all, Costagoz has left HQ and is now once again a regular member.
I want to thank Costa for his time and effort stepping up as TWF1 RD, he provided us with a pretty epic season and we will continue to push it all the way to the end. Thx for that mate!

2ndly, this is presenting us with a bit of a problem, with Bret stepping down as MD and now Costa gone we are running very thin in the organisational department. There's not many admins left to run the League on a day to day basis and it becomes increasingly difficult to do so.

And finally the Stewards Office is also facing some issues where we don't have enough stewards to keep it smooth and balanced every week.

We have been working hard behind the scene's the past weeks to solve this, that's the main reason the MEOWS event got cancelled and now that we are continuing the regular schedule it also means we need to fix a few items as mentioned above.

And we cannot do their on our own, as with everything related in communities like these, its the effort and energy from everyone involved that actually makes the community what it is or what we want it to be.
Admins are redundant without drivers, stewards are redundant without races, drivers are redundant without someone doing the tasks. if one leg gets cut off.....

Top priority in this is getting new stewards. Someone or two is going to have to volunteer if we want this thing keep going.

Next stop is how to get new RD's for both TWFC and TWF1. That one is abit more complicated, it can take months for a new admin to be operating fully and atm I don't have the time to take that on as well. so we will have to see how that pans out but even with this, help from the community is essential. even if its just pointers or new ideas.

Again, Legends is a community and we need everyone involved to help out one way or another. even if its just chatting about and keeping things alive. The more people we have that simply assume things are getting done the greater the risk. We are on a crossroad and we need to step up.

For the rest, happy hunting at Adelaide :)
Last edited by Rouke on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
MarkF
Super

Re: League issues

Post by MarkF »

So sad to hear this news Rouke, I hope that some drivers see this as an opportunity to actually get involved and help to bring fun and enjoyment to others, if you want to help make a difference I suggest you contact Rouke by PM. This league has been running in one form or another for twenty years now, most of you don't know me but I had two stints at HQ in that time, it can be hard, frustrating but immensely satisfying with the added bonus of close friendship with the others at HQ.

Its your league, its up to you.
Regards

Mark
Angelo dos Santos
Super

Post by Angelo dos Santos »

Im sad to hear that. I wish I could help in this side of things, but I cant. My schedule hardly allows race alone, nevermind have admins duties.

What I can say is that Im not leaving Legends.
Even if we race without stewards. :)
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

Name it...I do it.
Martin Cooper
Super

Post by Martin Cooper »

Vadim wrote:Name it...I do it.

U sure Vadim, it's about time Ray gave Miss Whiplash had a holiday :lol:
CompuServe F1SA & Legends League 1997-2015

"I was going too fast for the conditions - it was entirely my own fault. I am sorry" Seaman 1939

My Toys http://s128.photobucket.com/user/martin ... %20diecast - Updated 19 August 2015
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Vadim wrote:Name it...I do it.

Thx Vadim, you've got pm.
Sulla Looming
Super

Post by Sulla Looming »

Bret stepped down ? !!!!

I've missed a lot, not been in the loop since new year.

I'm not so busy these days but i may get seriously busy in the future again. In the meantime and maybe for the busy times as well i would like to help out in whatever way i can. I canot attend races while in China and i'm not even sure if i can access dropbox here but if there is something you need help with please ask and i will see if it's a possibility.

Bret stepped down ? !!!!

Thanks for being there Bret...a level and cool head and made what races i have done here very enjoyable :)
Why else would cars have side windows?
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Thx Sulla, appreciate the comments and offering to help. There's not much you can do atm being so restricted in China so this will have to wait until you can commit more in the future.

By that time you will probably find Bret back in motion in Legends in one way or another, already he is attending some clubs and races again so that's looking good.
He's still a member of course and part of HQ so not all is lost and we will have too see how things pan out for both him and the League but i'm positive things will get smoother in the future.

Thx :)