FR35 2014 BRNO (TWFR35 preparation)

Off-season, Special and Annual events are all discussed/announced here.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Re: FR35 2014 BRNO (TWFR35 preparation)

Post by SteveC »

Big leap forward for me this week - I found out what 'clipping' is! I had heard of it but did not know what it was. Even after I solved that still many problems with the FFB, same wheel as Brets but his settings produce almost 0% ffb for me, weird, but I got it sorted in the end with radically different settings than I have used in any other car. Different car now it is, cannot beleive I even carried on driving it before the way it was, I have driven smoother tractors than that.

Q was ok 0.2 off my pb but I had gone .6 up by s2, and then a whole .5 in s1 alone but messed both laps up in S3 myself, the rest of the time hitting traffic and messing up and but I could have gone 1s faster into the low 139's which is a huge improvement from the huge improvement I already made this week. I did really suck before tho.

Race 1 really cool, great turn out + great fun, traversed first laps OK, Ray went off after a few laps I maintained the gap it seemed for a while then he was pulling me in I knew I was toast sooner or later, he was gaining on me into t1 after i got a poor exit but he was nowhere near I knew he was no threat this time but he went and stonked it right up the inside right there and then from way back I was stunned!! Nice pass Ray! Good thing for me tho was I largely maintained pace with Ray for a good while after that. Went ok for 9 laps then that damn problem corner end of s2 claimed me and 2 more times later on. The spins trashed my tyres, I had visions of nose diving on shot tyres so changed them that was a mistake! Also forgot to turn off damage must have picked up some minor damage. Last of the finishers sadly, too many spins and an unnecessary stop. Lots of positives tho.

Race 2, I am off the line and away behind Dale, then Dale stood on the brakes due a slow starter in front of him and I am in the back of Dale real hard, sorry Dale but there was no way I could do anything there. I figured its all over but the car is fine! Around t1 and it is Days of Thunder in front of me I escape everything and am into 3rd! I'm behind Bret who was being patient behind a slower car, which went into T1 slower than Bret anticipated and they are spinning out, I lifted and thought I would be fine but got collected by Bret and into the wall to boot. Incredibly the car is still fine lol. Started running by far the best I have run so far, got into a good rhythm and gaining lots more confidence and pace, it was nice after all this misery I have had, I was just reflecting upon this fact as I put it in the wall...too much confidence and gas, all over this time, 3 wheels.

All in all good week for me I could have done better but happy to finish the 1st race with no issues, most of the field did not, and happy to finally get going semi-decently in race 2 while it lasted. Now my wheel is sorted I can make some progress hopefully.
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

I lifted and thought I would be fine but got collected by Bret and into the wall to boot.
Bugger...I'm sorry about that Steve :( Yeah...I got caught out by the guest driver, still completely my fault though..not his. I had backed off what I considered to be more than enough, went into that turn really carefully too but he was really really slow there for some reason..never the less I have to take the blame for that. :)

Regards,
Bret
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Post by maiph »

hardtohandle wrote:
Race 2, I am off the line and away behind Dale, then Dale stood on the brakes due a slow starter in front of him .
Ah, :oops: that slow starter was me, I lined up on pole but the starting lights were obscured by my virtual mirror and so I was very slow away, sorry. I should have had the presence of mind to switch views with hindsight.
Pity really because I have good pace here, a new track to me but my setup and style suits it. Race 1 was very busy, defending for the first half then lapping unpredictable pickup racers and finally chasing Bogdan down from a 9 second lead right down to half a second at the finish. :clap:

Race 2 I got swallowed up by the field before turn 1 then had to take to the grass to avoid an accident but unfortunately T-boned a stricken car which backed across my path. Game over.
Last edited by maiph on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

I hate this track :neutral:

Considering cheating :neutral:

Must beat Rouke & Bret :neutral:

Help :neutral:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

I love the track tbh (only cos I'm quick though :lol: )...Nah...seriously, I enjoy any track that has really challenging sections such as this Brno track...i.e. the last tricky section...left hander into the up hill right hander section, easy to lose the car there that's for sure.

By the way..Everyone was in agreement about the password for the main server...some guest driver was challenging me on the out lap in qually for god sake, instead of dropping back and giving himself some room, and then during qually one or two guest drivers had just come out the pits and I was starting my flying lap...no cooperation at all..just shows a lack of you know what. :(

Anyways...I was thinking...just as a contingency..(not decided yet), we do have the option of not pass wording the race server, this is to prevent any of our members having problems with joining the server when it's pass worded, I know Kris had an issue, I also know Dale had an issue as well..If I decide not to password the server I will first ask any guests to leave before qualifying...if not then I just boot any guest from the server before qually starts...it's an option I think we must consider. :lawyer:

Cheers,
Bret
Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Bret, just curious...
What problems with the password are peeps having?
Has this been happening since this last release?
I don;t recall us ever having issues with passwords before, and I haven't seen anything on the ISI forums about it, but I can look further if you'd like.
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Would anyone be willing to share a setup for BRNO?
I can scarcely complete a single lap at speed without spinning this :cuss: Renault.
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Probably you was hoping for Bogdans, but here is mine! Maybe it is good for you currently in fact, as my priority is meaking teh car easy to drive at the moment, it is the best way for me currently.

It is based off a set Rik Walker sent me donkeys years ago. But I put a lot more front wing on it, and reduced the strong toe in/out as I kept spinning it. Didn't see them settings til after Bahrain in fact.

It has interesting diff settings, both power/coast set almost as low as they will go. I never seen that before really, I would never do that myself the Vette but I have never tried tbh maybe I should. I do know what power/coast does, but I would be interested to hear what the desired effect of these settings is from someone who knows?

Edit: I use High DF in tuning, I tried medium :roll: for me, that is for the future! High DF for now, definitely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SteveC on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

gracias!
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

After much hair pulling, I finally managed to create a setup in which I don't spin every lap...
Yes, it's probably slow as molasses on a winter's day, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Rick-Bret, just curious...
What problems with the password are peeps having?
Has this been happening since this last release?
I don;t recall us ever having issues with passwords before, and I haven't seen anything on the ISI forums about it, but I can look further if you'd like.
Hi Rick, :)
Yes, the championship round at Bahrain...I must mention though that the race server fired up but it was not pass worded, so I closed it down, set the password and fired it up again. Kryz could not join and if I remember correctly Dale had issues as well but he made it eventually, most peeps managed to join no problem.

In previous rounds as well I seem to recall some peeps entering the password but struggling to join..I think Mitch was one of them.

I have seen it mentioned on the ISI Forums (in the build 660 thread iirc)

Cheers,
Bret
Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

A manual restart after the profile + password fired itself up was mentioned. its a loop/load/memory/whatever-issue with the vmod vs our rf2. the manual reboot (not just restart) should remove that loop.
we can test it Saturday?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Rouke wrote:A manual restart after the profile + password fired itself up was mentioned. its a loop/load/memory/whatever-issue with the vmod vs our rf2. the manual reboot (not just restart) should remove that loop.
we can test it Saturday?
Yep-Good idea Rouke. Man I love u :clap:
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Rick Stratton wrote:Would anyone be willing to share a setup for BRNO?
I can scarcely complete a single lap at speed without spinning this :cuss: Renault.

Think I can explain the main reason why you were spinning Rick..I had updated the other server profiles (Off Week) with rubber files but forgot to update the race profiles :oops: ...I was on the server last night and at first could not figure out why I was so slow & SPINNING :mad: until I realised that the track was set to naturally progressing. :lol: Anyways...I have now set the servers with the rubber files.
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Bret Metcalf wrote:Think I can explain the main reason why you were spinning Rick...
Thanks for that Bret. Actually the answer is much more simple... I am extremely out of practice!
After a few hours commitment, I was finally able to work out a setup I can handle. Most of the better drivers like their setups very tail happy, but being a driver of only average skills I prefer to have a "base setup" that understeers, and from there be able to dial in the amount of rear and movement I feel appropriate from track to track. This setup I posted is exactly that - very pedestrian handling [understeer] that can very quickly and easily be adjusted out. What took me so long was just trying to figure out how to finally dial out the extreme [IMHO] oversteer. That and just trying to understand all of the setup parameters. Setup methods I've used for years just didn't seem to work with this car.
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)