rf2: Howstons @ Brianza - FORMAT UPDATED

Off-season, Special and Annual events are all discussed/announced here.
Bogdan
National

Re: rf2: Howstons @ Brianza - FORMAT UPDATED

Post by Bogdan »

Great turn out.

Unfortunately for me, this weekend was less enjoyable than the last couple. I missed qualifying and that put me at the back of the grid which always increases the risk of a collision.

In Race1 I was moving through the field until I made an unforced error and spun. I lost a lot of time there, but kept on and finished 4th. I barely put in any practice for this one and it showed. I managed to get down to 1:25:7 in practice on the road course before the weekend. What were the qualifying times? I'm just curious about how fast you guys were going.

Race 2 was more or less a disaster. At the start there were just too many people trying to move forward and I ended up in the wall. A good bit of damage and I fell to last place. I kept on though and moved up to 6th, but almost 50 sec down on the leaders. Then the damage made the car a bit too unstable and lost it coming off the oval onto the main straight. I had to retire.

In any case, as always, it was great racing with you guys. I hope to join you next time.

Bog
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Personally an abysmal weekend. :o

Race 1 I bogged it off the start, worried that I'd be too squirrely on the start, held everyone behind up and I apologize. Got tapped and spun [again, my fault] and restarted last. RESTART

Better fairings only I then realized I did not have enough fuel to finish the race! Went a few laps making up places with the low fuel but when I started figiting with my pit settings heading into parabolica I screwed up and missed the brake point and ended up off track. :roll: Once again, my own damned fault.

Race 2: had what I felt was a good setup, checked my fuel this time :D and got it up. Lap one good, passed one car in the banking :halm: and got a good draft on the next into the front straight. Pulled up, moved right but as we appraoched the split I was afraid it was too tight... :o sure nuf, clipped the armco splitting the road course and bank course and went ballistic. :oops:

Must have been a sight from behind! :lol:

Sloppy driving on my part all around.

Anyone interested in driving these cars elsewhere?
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

Rick Stratton wrote:
I'll drive them anywhere, I had a great time other then causing the restart in the 1st race. Absolute idiot move on my part, got caught up in not losing places at the start and I look up and the guard rail for the banking is coming right at me, wow, felt pretty stupid. So, restart was asked by someone, not sure who, but probably because I'm sure I caused carnage behind me.

For the 2nd 1st race had a great time, same in the 2nd race on the banking, lot of fun, 19 cars on track, gotta love that! Glad I could make it today!

Thx for hosting, now I'm back to if I can make races till the after the 1st week of November, then I should be good to go~
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Rick Stratton wrote: Race 1 I bogged it off the start, worried that I'd be too squirrely on the start, held everyone behind up and I apologize.
Same here, was not too careful and got passed left and right :)

Yeah, curious to see what another track would do with these cars. any ideas?
Last edited by Rouke on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Not sure what other track but given the turnout it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to run it again [Howston's that is]. They seem to be the "hot" ticket right now, so a good promotional series for potential new Legends membership. Haven't tried them on the old SPA yet, could be hairy! :lol:
I did try them at Mid-Ohio though and they were surprisingly fun. If we could only get the Virtual-LM group to give us an rF2 version of Lemans we'd be in great shape. :halm:

Question about skins, I'm curious to know why you didn't see my skin Rouke, but others [at least one other] did? If one other did then at least the server is okay with it. Possibly a setting in the local player file?
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
DaleB
International

Post by DaleB »

Rick Stratton wrote:Not sure what other track but given the turnout it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to run it again [Howston's that is]. They seem to be the "hot" ticket right now, so a good promotional series for potential new Legends membership. Haven't tried them on the old SPA yet, could be hairy! :lol:
I did try them at Mid-Ohio though and they were surprisingly fun. If we could only get the Virtual-LM group to give us an rF2 version of Lemans we'd be in great shape. :halm:
Yes Rick, I saw your new skin, Mr. Miller Brewing :lol:

As far as other tracks, I think old Spa would be awesome, new Spa, don't know that one as well, "The Ring if people are brave enough, Suzuka is out now, Sebring!
Paul Langford
Super

Post by Paul Langford »

Great fun last night......

Kept out of trouble in race 1 and got 3rd place

Kept out of trouble in race 2 and got the win :banana:
Image Image Image Image

Car #69 2009 TWFA CHAMPION
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

Dunno Rick, I've seen custom skins before so it should be good to go, your green icon also indicated it was active.

Just checked, there is a _3368_altMHL3.dds file in the skins folder for the G6, I recall you mentioning Beer? I opened it up and it is indeed a beer-skin (which might indicate you have issues in this area but that's a different topic I suppose. But i'm here for you if you want to talk about it buddy) but it was defo not the skin I saw in-game.

Must admit, I've gone tired and bored trying to figure things out with rf2. things like this I just don't check up on anymore, same for why the UI refuses to show items in lists rather then tiles, every time I restart rf2 its back to tiles and I just accept this as a bug and have given up on figuring it out.
Many little things like this annoy me (and others) but if it aint essential (admin stuff most of the time) I can't be arsed with it :)
Last edited by Rouke on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Rouke wrote: Dunno Rick, I've seen custom skins before so it should be good to go, your green icon also indicated it was active.

Just checked, there is a _3368_altMHL3.dds file in the skins folder for the G6, I recall you mentioning Beer? :)
Beer? Did someone say beer?
Rouke wrote:I opened it up and it is indeed a beer-skin (which might indicate you have issues in this area but that's a different topic I suppose. :)
Admittedly true.
Rouke wrote:...But i'm here for you if you want to talk about it buddy)
Thanks but not right now, maybe after I finish my beer though...
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

:cheers: