Inter League Alliance Skip Barber 2015 Championship

rFactor 2 based League - 3 leagues join forces.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Inter League Alliance Skip Barber 2015 Championship

Post by SteveC »

Legends League would now like to invite you to take part in the newly formed Inter League Alliance Skip Barber 2015 Championship. Legends League, Speedracin & Fun2Race will officially join to become one for this upcoming feature Championship.

Mirroring Legends League's F192 championship format and venues, you will have the unique chance to become more personally acquainted with the tracks than the 92's . Feel the dips, bumbs and racing lines like never before! Draft, slide and overtake your way to glory!

We have carefully chosen the Skip Barbers to offer drivers the opportunity to become more personal not only with learning the tracks ( for Legends Leagues 92 championship this will be a benefit) but to also become more personal with your battles between drivers. These offer fantastic wheel to wheel racing that is matched only by the 92's.

No other open wheel mod on rFactor 2 offers such close racing.

For us at legends, everything is virtually identical to a normal Legends championship, same rules, same procedures, so there is precious little difference between this championship and the Legends only championships.

Full championship details - http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... Itemid=633
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Re: Inter League Alliance Skip Barber 2015 Championship

Post by SteveC »

Guys, me and everybody here at Legends League deeply appreciates your kindness in choosing not to sign up to the new Skip Barber championship en masse through fear of crashing our webserver by means of flooding it with literally hundreds of simultaneous sign up requests!

But there is no need! The webserver is proven to be able to cope with at least 3 signups per day with no technical faulures!

We choose to run this skippy championship for various reasons :-

- It is open wheeler, and a very good mod.
- It is ideal way to gain detailed track knowledge a week ahead of the F1 '92 race at same track
- The Skippy has very few setup options which are changeable, therefore serious practice and setup tweaking time is simply not required in this mod.
- Grant 'Win it or bin it' Riddall cannot drive the Skippy to save his life :lol:
- And a championship it is more interesting than fun/practice races in any event

Also, many of you may have driven this mod in the past, and hated it. It probably just kept spinning every time you took your foot off the gas and you vowed to never drive the mod again!

Well I have news for you! About two months ago ISI updated the Skip Barber mod to v1.51, and now it is a very different experience than what you may recall. It can be an irritating mod at times, there is no power to get you out of trouble for sure, you have to drive it correctly to achieve good lap times. It is a good mod for learning and improving your driving style - why even the legendary F1 wild man Juan Pablo Montoya and others started out life in Skip Barbers. So even if the championship does not interest you, be sure to check out the v1.51 of the mod if you did not already.

The championship is only 7 races long, every 2 weeks starting this Sunday. I invite you to check the details one final time here http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... Itemid=633 and consider signing up!
Last edited by SteveC on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Also there will be more than what the sign up list shows. Remeber there is 2 other leagues involved...

Btw who ever doesn't show will be banned from Legends for life..... :lol:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Personally I feel life time ban is rather harsh - especially as the f***ing join button does not work on the server :mad: :mad: :mad:

Guys, I do apologise for this inconvenience. Sadly I do not possess a phd in voodoo, I do try casting all the magic spells that I do know of on that damn server but still it refuses to play the game :lol:

For now, you can install the vmod manually from here http://www.legends-league.com/downloads ... 2013.rfmod

I will try and fix this join button asap.

If anybody lives near Ann Harbour, Michigan USA and has a propensity for sadistic violence please contact me, I have an assignment for you :cheesy: :cheesy:
Last edited by SteveC on Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Thanks for looking at the join issue Steve. ...I tried joining on Thursday but it would not allow me... (that was on the server named inter league alliance) so will try again when I get home later today.
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Thanks for looking at the join issue Steve. ...I tried joining on Thursday but it would not allow me... (that was on the server named inter league alliance) so will try again when I get home later today.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Unfortunately the turnout for the last race was so poor we have decided to abandon this championship :( Nobody will be classed as the championship winner, there will be no more races in this series.

Many thanks to those who did participate, I am sincerely sorry for any disappointment that may be caused to some.

Next week I think we will have a 60 min fun race in the GP '79 mod at Road America.