How many of us in TWF1 have the Build 930 CPU Spike Problem?

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

How many of us in TWF1 have the Build 930 CPU Spike Problem?

Post by SteveC »

This problem (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2 ... -maxed-out) affects a minority of players, and it makes RF2 literally unplayable for a serious race. My understanding is that ISI already found the problem, but when the next build comes is anyones guess.

We would like to know how many drivers in the TWF1 championship are having this problem... I have it, Damian has it. If you have it too please let us know by posting in this thread, thanks :)
Last edited by SteveC on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Re: How many of us in TWF1 have the Build 930 CPU Spike Problem?

Post by Grant Riddall »

The only problem I had was everyone would disappear for around 30 seconds and re appear. Only happened twice in practice however.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Grant Riddall wrote:The only problem I had was everyone would disappear for around 30 seconds and re appear. Only happened twice in practice however.
I just posted this http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2 ... g-released

This affects everybody, and it will do until the next build.

Now back to the CPU Spikes!
Jef Vannijlen
Super

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

Yes i had the slomo effect, i dont use the green cpu bar but i had serious fps issues for about a lap or so.
Then it went away. My settings where med/high, runs good under normal conditions.
Too bad "normal conditions" does not include 20+ people.
#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79
DyrtonCessna
Provisional

Post by DyrtonCessna »

Hi guys,

no problems here, will say for Jörn and me. All settings on max, except the two shadow-sliders. Whish you luck for finding a possible solution or crossing fingers for a fast release of an isi update.

cheers from berlin
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Jef Vannijlen wrote:Yes i had the slomo effect, i dont use the green cpu bar but i had serious fps issues for about a lap or so.
Then it went away. My settings where med/high, runs good under normal conditions.
Too bad "normal conditions" does not include 20+ people.
I suspect this is a different issue from the CPU spiking - where the FPS will remain good. On ctrl-c the green is the gfx (it will be on max that is normal) and the purple is the CPU which should not be maxed out, I expect when you have this 'slomo' effect you mention the cpu is prob still good for you.

The race start is what requires the heaviest system resources, I think you can solve these problems with general gfx optimisations. But probably Jef the single biggest thing you can change here is reduce the 'max visible cars' - you can reduce is as far as 11 or even 10 from the default of 20 I expect you have currently, this will make a big difference at races starts and has barely any impact on your game experience. Try 14 or so.
Jef Vannijlen
Super

Post by Jef Vannijlen »

I had visible cars turned down, but funny thing is, it did not happen at the start, somewhere after few laps.
It felt like effect worse with people in my mirrors, but maybe my pc was doing something in the background.
I turned up the front intake fans while it happened, maybe it was a GPU temp issue , i dunno.
We'll see how Monza runs.
#79 -Jef Vannijlen - Jeeve79
Pablo
Novice

Post by Pablo »

I had freezes on the Monza race.
Luckily i did not end up in the barriers, but i think we should return to build 910.
Many of us are having more or less problems with 930.

Cheers.
Damian Baldi
Club

Post by Damian Baldi »

I''m out because of this problem.
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Guys, I found something that works for me, perhaps those affected would like to try this too. I went into my bios and reduced the allocated PCI-E lanes from x16 to x8. This returns CPU usage back to 910 levels for me, and no spiking/stuttering. There will be a slight hit on FPS but nothing i noticed myself.

In my case my machine has 2xPCI-E slots, but I could only manually control the lanes in my bios for 1 of them, so I had to physically move the gfx card to the other slot. Also, I believe amd/ati cards all use x8 lines so this will only work on nvidia cards.

It certainly works for me, including with the F1 '92 mod which was one of the worst affected mods. Hope it works for you too!
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Hmm, unfortunately I did just have spiking in my game :( But I would still say the above reduces the spiking drastically.
Damian Baldi
Club

Post by Damian Baldi »

I have offered my help on the ISI forum to do a test about this problem and try to give some feedback. I'm waiting for an answer. A important thing about the freeze and stuttering, is that it affect the lap times. So, the simulation is f***** up.

About the league, I'm not happy that there wasn't been a rollback to 910. I was third at the championship and now it all over.
Team Comet
F1 & Endurance