TWF1 2015 Championship

rFactor 2 based League - Trans World Formula 1 [ASR F1 '92]
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Re: TWF1 2015 Championship

Post by SteveC »

We are talking with the mod makers and giving this very serious thought indeed guys. We will look at it hard and make the correct decision. The physics on 1.8 are significantly different.

We will put up a test server soon for 1.8 just so people can test it, and a test server is just that - for TESTING it does not mean we are going to 1.8 it will be there for people to test 1.8.

We cannot race this Sunday as we race the Corvette on Sunday, we could do a one off test race Saturday if there is interest in that, or a week day night even later this week.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Just to be clear the above post is the one you should pay attention too.

When Grant said what he said, he was not aware of some changing circumstances with the mod. There is NO decision yet - the mod makers are making changes again to it tonight it is not possible for us to decide right now, but we are not going to do anything without thinking about it long and hard that's all I can say right now.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

SteveC wrote:Just to be clear the above post is the one you should pay attention too.

When Grant said what he said, he was not aware of some changing circumstances with the mod. There is NO decision yet - the mod makers are making changes again to it tonight it is not possible for us to decide right now, but we are not going to do anything without thinking about it long and hard that's all I can say right now.
That's what happens when your working late at night I spose :oops:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
tafkams
Rookie

Post by tafkams »

Legends has decided WE will be using version 1.8 for this coming silverstone event.
As i am new to simracing and a not-experienced driver, i would have prefered a open discussion. And because i am not that experienced it will take many time to get familiar with that new cars. For me it doesn't feel like an upgrade of the mod, it is a totally new version. I would have prefered the point of view of the other drivers.
[GER]Race_One
Rookie

Post by [GER]Race_One »

That are good news.

But in my opinion every registered driver should vote which mod we will drive in future races. shall then be placed on a mod for all the same for the experienced as well as the (professionals)
tafkams
Rookie

Post by tafkams »

Ooops. Haven't noticed your answer before i replied. That are good news. Testing the mod and making a decission after that will IMHO be right way. I hope drivers will get involved into this decission.
Last edited by tafkams on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

tafkams wrote:

Ooops. Haven't noticed your answer before i replied. That are good news. Testing the mod a after that making a decission will IMHO be right way. I hope you driver will be involved into this decission.

Just to be clear:

Legends has and will always take into consideration of the thoughts of drivers. If there is no vote, that does not mean we don't listen to your thoughts and use them in our desicion.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

SteveC wrote:We are talking with the mod makers and giving this very serious thought indeed guys. We will look at it hard and make the correct decision. The physics on 1.8 are significantly different.

We will put up a test server soon for 1.8 just so people can test it, and a test server is just that - for TESTING it does not mean we are going to 1.8 it will be there for people to test 1.8.

We cannot race this Sunday as we race the Corvette on Sunday, we could do a one off test race Saturday if there is interest in that, or a week day night even later this week.
Waiting till the new version is final would be good.
Also a testing environment aka test-server to compare laptimes, share setups etc.
1.8 is indeed as I said not 180 but a 120 degree turn in how the physics are applied.... :D
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Apparently another update to 1.8 either tonight or very soon...let's see what happens :)
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Oops....my apologies. ....I' m not at home right now....on my cell phone and it does not display the previous posts very well...probably me not knowing how to view things though :oldgit:
Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

OK we put up a TEST server for 1.8, I say it again this is purely for test purposes so we can all run the mod and get a deeper understanding of it.

The race is not for two weeks, we will leave this test server up for now, next week from Monday will be running the same mod as the race whatever that is, so therefore a full week of practice will be possible. I will create a separate thread for people to post their feelings on the 1.8 mod.
tafkams
Rookie

Post by tafkams »

I will create a separate thread for people to post their feelings on the 1.8 mod.
I had to search a little bit because i expected the thread in TWF1 folder. It can be found in rFactor 2 category or directly here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9707
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

tafkams wrote:
I will create a separate thread for people to post their feelings on the 1.8 mod.
I had to search a little bit because i expected the thread in TWF1 folder. It can be found in rFactor 2 category or directly here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9707

Thanks Tafkams :thumbsup:
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

OK guys sorry for the delay, this week there has been some technical issues. The F1 '92 server is now up for round 4 Catalunya :thumbsup: