Welcome Steve Combey & Steven Andrew to HQ

rFactor2 general discussions
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Welcome Steve Combey & Steven Andrew to HQ

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Hello Everyone, :)
I am pleased to announce that Steve Combey & Steven Andrew have joined the admin team. :victorydance:

Thier primary function will be to plan & organise future events for us, with support and assistance from the existing admin team.This will help us tremendously, to get focused again...
thank you guys for stepping up and re inspiring us to make this work. :clap:

Before this can happen, first thing we have to do is secure a server, Steve C is busy with that process right now,other than that cannot state any concrete info...
It's a process that may take a week or a month..just not sure atm. Once things are finalised, it will be announced, we have to then pay for that server up front so we will be asking you
for donations to help us along.

Regards,
Bret
Last edited by SteveC on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maiph
Legends Admin Team

Re: Welcome Steve Combey & Steven Andrew to HQ

Post by maiph »

Good news. Welcome Steves and thanks for stepping up. :cheers:
Image Image Image
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

Excellent. Steve C and Steve A - thank you so much for your dedication. Legends shall survive and thrive!

Let me know when and how to make donations. I'm at your service...

In the meantime, I will keep messing around with AC offline. Also, if there is a sense for what mod we're going to use once everything is back to normal, then let us know. Since I have limited time, I might as well try to work on a setup whenever I get the chance before another championship starts again. FR3.5 is a great mod, but I feel like we should try something else. Maybe what Steve suggested - the '92 F1 mod.

See you all on track soon.

B.
Rouke
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rouke »

FYI: Hardtohandle is now known as SteveC on site and forums.

And we are still working on the server issue, possibly we can start of this week already.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

Bogdan wrote:Excellent. Steve C and Steve A - thank you so much for your dedication. Legends shall survive and thrive!

Let me know when and how to make donations. I'm at your service...

In the meantime, I will keep messing around with AC offline. Also, if there is a sense for what mod we're going to use once everything is back to normal, then let us know. Since I have limited time, I might as well try to work on a setup whenever I get the chance before another championship starts again. FR3.5 is a great mod, but I feel like we should try something else. Maybe what Steve suggested - the '92 F1 mod.

See you all on track soon.

B.

Yes indeed a big warm welcome to HQ to the two Steves. Great to have you guys aboard at a critical time for our long established league.

Bogdan I picked up the word "donation". Okay I do make our annual donations appeal from around the end of November to try to get hold of members money before they spend it all on Christmas and New Year celebrations (and my Xmas presents of course :D ). BUT as we say the donations option is always open all year round. All you have to do is go to the DONATE link which is the most right hand option on the red options bar near the top of our website page. All the instructions are there to make it very easy to relieve yourself of spare cash :cheesy:
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

Ray Walton wrote:
Bogdan I picked up the word "donation". Okay I do make our annual donations appeal from around the end of November to try to get hold of members money before they spend it all on Christmas and New Year celebrations (and my Xmas presents of course :D ). BUT as we say the donations option is always open all year round. All you have to do is go to the DONATE link which is the most right hand option on the red options bar near the top of our website page. All the instructions are there to make it very easy to relieve yourself of spare cash :cheesy:
Ray - maybe I'm just tired right now, but I don't see the Donate link. I've used it before so I know you had the functionality there in the past...Anyway, I'd like to make sure my donation goes towards new server costs, if and when that gets set up.

B.
Grant Riddall
Legends Admin Team

Post by Grant Riddall »

Front page- from there where you see 'login' look to your right, there's a tab saying donate.

Your defiantly too tired :square:

Or you know you could just....

http://legends-league.com/twfr/index.ph ... Itemid=471
Last edited by Grant Riddall on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

Bogdan, many thanks for offering to donate mate. I have to say that all donations are kept safely and only dispersed following approval from our HQ with the final authorisation form Bret as MD before any payments are made. So of course if funds are needed to keep our rF2 racing going on a new server, that is what would be authorised by HQ and finally by Bret as MD, subject to the funds being sufficient, payments are then made
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Caretaker MD
Justin Bright
Novice

Post by Justin Bright »

Great news! Hats off to Steve and Steve, for stepping up. Really chuffed to hear things are looking bright for the future of legends. :)

I will be more than happy to make a donation, but my hands are tied until the end of the month, after forking out for car tax and numerous parts for my car, in the last week. :cry:
Bogdan
National

Post by Bogdan »

Ray Walton wrote:Bogdan, many thanks for offering to donate mate. I have to say that all donations are kept safely and only dispersed following approval from our HQ with the final authorisation form Bret as MD before any payments are made. So of course if funds are needed to keep our rF2 racing going on a new server, that is what would be authorised by HQ and finally by Bret as MD, subject to the funds being sufficient, payments are then made
Yeah - silly me. I wasn't logged-in on the main page and the Donate link wasn't showing up. All good now. I just donated. Ray - please make sure the funds go towards the new server efforts.

Thanks again and hope to see you all on track soon enough. This break is happening at a perfect time - really busy with work and so I'm hoping that by the time things come back online, I will have more time to dedicate to Legends.

B.
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Bogdan wrote:
Ray Walton wrote:Bogdan, many thanks for offering to donate mate. I have to say that all donations are kept safely and only dispersed following approval from our HQ with the final authorisation form Bret as MD before any payments are made. So of course if funds are needed to keep our rF2 racing going on a new server, that is what would be authorised by HQ and finally by Bret as MD, subject to the funds being sufficient, payments are then made
Yeah - silly me. I wasn't logged-in on the main page and the Donate link wasn't showing up. All good now. I just donated. Ray - please make sure the funds go towards the new server efforts.

Thanks again and hope to see you all on track soon enough. This break is happening at a perfect time - really busy with work and so I'm hoping that by the time things come back online, I will have more time to dedicate to Legends.

B.
Thank you so much Bogdan..really appreciated mate.

Regards,
Bret
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Bogdan wrote:
Ray Walton wrote:... I just donated. Ray - please make sure the funds go towards the new server efforts...
I'll second Bret on this, many thanks Bogdan. We're almost "officially" into our annual fund raising drive, although as Ray mentions we accept donations year round. And I think it goes without saying that the securing of a new server is primary on our "to do" list. In a way, this break [lack of server] may also be at a most opportune time as the months of November and December, even into January, are typically the slowest time of the year for us - folks taking vacation or just spending more time with family and friends during the condensed list of holidays. That said, it will give us an opportunity to work on getting a new server secured and tested.
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

All received okay Bogdan less PayPal's fee as always. Have sent you just now the official donations acknowledgement and thank you email.

Let me echo what Bret and Rick said above, much appreciated Bogdan. As to what the funds are used for well I only disperse funds as agreed and instructed by HQ with Bret's final authorisation as MD. So best Bret and all of HQ remember your requested use caveat, and I am sure they will though. :) I will also try to remember too, as the Financial Director I do make recommendations to Bret and HQ as to how and when I feel we need to use our donation funds and keep them informed as to what is available.

Remember we also need to use donation funds for our annual Domain registration and Website hosting fees too as they are the most vital. But rest assured without your great support and that of others here we could not continue at all of course.
Last edited by Ray Walton on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Caretaker MD