ILA-Skip Barber-Round 2-China-Race Reports

rFactor 2 based League - 3 leagues join forces.
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

ILA-Skip Barber-Round 2-China-Race Reports

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Been a very busy week for me with rl stuff…anyways, I got back home late Sunday, downloaded the track which took a bit of time, practised the track, put a good few laps in, forgotthe fact that we start the races earlier, joined the server again at the end of qually….which meant I started from the back of the grid, not that it made any difference I was so slow anyway. The start was fine, but within a couple of laps I knew my pace was nowhere near where it should have been and I was losing at least 1.5 seconds per lap, pitted just after half distance, came out and my nearest rival was 44 seconds in front so a very lonely race for me…all my fault anyway…then about 10 minutes from the end I had to park it because someone called in at my place…Got to say I did enjoy the track even though I was miles off the pace.

Congrats to Ari for taking the win
Justin Bright
Novice

Re: ILA-Skip Barber-Round 2-China-Race Reports

Post by Justin Bright »

Good fun last night gents. Was nice to finally get a race in with you all again. My race couldn't have gone better really. I was fortunate enough to get some decent practice in on Saturday night with Steve and Ali, which set me up nicely for the race. Wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it and indeed only managed to get on the server just as qually was starting. Managed to stick myself 3rd on the grid and got off to a steady start, settling in behind Steve and proceeded to have a nice battle with him until the pitstops came around. We both dived into the pits together, I took fuel and tyres which proved costly, as I watched both ari and Steve leave the pits whilst I still had a good 20 seconds or so left in the pits. When I did get back on track I had to really push to try and close the gap down to Steve, but it was too big a gap and I finished 3rd about 3seconds adrift of Steve. Awesome fun, looking forward to the next one. :thumbsup:
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Rick Stratton »

Sorry I couldn't make this one. Got some RL issues going on that are requiring my attention of late.
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

Hope its nothing too serious Rick :)

Good race for me yesterday. P2 in Q but I noticed Vadim was already doing nearly identical pace to me and was only going to get faster in the race, and Justin was going to be a threat too I felt. Damn shame Vadim had to exit the server shortly before race :(

In the race Ari was into the lead and leaving us behind, I stayed in 2nd and spent a lot of time racing with Justy which was fun, I made a mistake and he got past, after that I did not try too hard to keep up as I had already been pretty hard on the tyres. Justins pace was pretty hot! So I got my hopes up he was going to be taking tyres in the pits and he did :cheesy: So back into 2nd with a 17 second gap, that got whittled down to 3 seconds by the end, nice going Justin :thumbsup:

It's been a shame the turnout is not very good, but I for one am enjoying the races, seems you have to concentrate more driving these cars than you do the F1 '92 even :lol: Looking forward to next race.
Vadim
Super

Post by Vadim »

Sorry. Was hungover badly, learned the track on sunday in the Skips and just didnt feel like 1 hour RACE is fun....
Next track i ll try to challange Ari (and race Steve most likely xD)
Last edited by Vadim on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.