LRP Race Report

rFactor 2 based League - 3 leagues join forces.
Rick Stratton
Legends Admin Team

LRP Race Report

Post by Rick Stratton »

Hopped in the server at warmup with virtually zero laps done in these new Skippies.
Many thanks to SteveC for lending me a perfect setup [ :allhail: ]. Started off okay but eventually had a slight spin [knew it would happen sooner or later], tapped an Armco but nothing bruised more than my ego. That was until I hit the pits and realized I'd forgotten to check for damage repair. Had to sit for nearly a full minute in utter frustration as the mechanics hammered away while I was completely happy wit the car just the way it was . :mad: No one to blame but myself.

Sloppy driving on my part the second half, really need to get my concentration skills back. But all in all a good race for me, a chance to get back in the saddle and shake off some rust. These Skippies are perfect cars for 'going back to school' in, exactly what I need. Looking forward to the season!! :victorydance: :clap:
Rick Stratton
(aka Ricklandia)
STATIC
Rookie

Re: LRP Race Report

Post by STATIC »

I had a terrible race last night in the gto at speedracin so it felt great to pull out a win in the warm up race :D
That's the longest race I've done in the skippy and I think it was really great. It's slow but it still requires a lot of concentration to drive well and makes for some very good competition. I'm also looking forward to this championship and hope some of the guys that don't normally drive these kind of cars give it a try. Well done Ray :bowdown: I had fun battling you. The race was clean except for a few self inflicted wounds :cheers:
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Great to see you back on the server Rick, glad you made it & enjoyed yourself.

Qually...4 tenths off my PB did not make much difference with it being a low turnout...anyway...I got a wonderful start, not seen how many positions I made up before T1....but I do remember sqeezing past Grant which brought a massive smile on my face..nice to show Grant the finger from time to time :lol:

T1 was really tight but made it through safely...soon got into my stride and was sitting well set for a good result, managed to avoid a spinner or two early on, meanwhile, Grant came up on my tail very quickly, I kept him behind for a lap but eventually Grant outbraked me into the very tight chicane...was a good fair move. I had a good scrap with Ralph early on too, got passed when Ralph lost momentum coming out of T1 and I shot through. Few laps later Grant went off and I gained another spot.....then...out of the Blue I lose the car over the hill...got damage and had to pit ...166 seconds...plus I knew I had to stop again later for fuel. Decided to continue though as I wanted to get the experience of a 1hour race in these cars. Finished in last spot but I dont care...it was a great event. Many congrats to STATIC...drove a great race.

Looking forward to Catalunya :)
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Post by SteveC »

I enjoyed the skippies at LRP, they pretty slow but you have to concentrate hard all the time. I have serious game problems with this 930 build but managed to get to the end in 4th.

Nearly hit Rick Stratton towards the end that was a close call Rick! I am not so good at looking in mirrors and looking ahead simultaneously and nearly wrecked us both!

The good thing about these cars is you really learn the track more in depth than in F1 '92 which will be ideal preparation for the following weeks race. Need to do everything the textbook way in these to get good lap times.

Shame about the turnout, hopefully some more guys will join in this series soon.

Nice drive by Ray (damn you :lol:) and congrats to Static, I shall endeavor to keep my foot more on the gas next time :)
Ray Riddall
Novice

Post by Ray Riddall »

Brilliant race with these cars. Took pole by 4 100ths , wasn't expecting that,Had a good start kept first for a few laps
then Flex got by then Static but kept on his gearbox until my pit, decided not to change tyres , this got me in the lead with static 14 sec a drift but he was catching me at 0.5 sec a lap. I had the one spin which cost me 4 seconds and probably the race ,coming home in 2nd place by 2,5 seconds.

Well done to Static, great fight.
Image Image Image