Celica-Malasia-Race Report thread

rFactor2 general discussions
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Celica-Malasia-Race Report thread

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Qualified in 11th spot with a PB, normally I don't get a PB but in this case I was quite chuffed :)

Start...Got going nicely and then Eddy G had some form of problem and was slow away, just managed to avoid him and get on my way. Lap 1 was action packed (from my view anyway). Safely through T1 and feeling good, had a bit of a scare when I saw Roberto & Ray who came together so I backed off enough so as to decide which route I could take to avoid them :lol: Made it...meanwhile Melly Mem was just a bout 2 seconds behind me, so I had a little bit of space but noticed hardtohandle was gaining very quickly, sure enough hardtohandle was sniffing my rear and wizzed past as I went wide at T4. Then both Jamie & Ray who were recovering from their offs were soon onto me...I knew I was toast because they were at least 1.5 secs a lap faster than myself anyway...I stuck to my line and tried to make them work for it at least a little bit... :clap: Sure enough though they both got past quite soon. For the rest of the race I just kept at it trying npt tp make mistakes and look after the tyres. I pitted at just over 32 over half distance and came out behind Eddy G with approx 7 seconds gap..so I set off to give Eddy a good run for his money :lol: It was great enjoyment for me to keep that chase going, I was closing a little bit but not quick enough, although at one stage I got the gap down to about 3 seconds (I now think I know why...because looks like Eddy did not stop and tyres were going off), with about 5 mins to go Eddy went off onto the gravel and I took the 9th position. Great turn out out, thanks for the racing.

Congrats again to Ari, Jamie % hardtohandle. :checkeredflag:

Regards,
Bret
Last edited by Bret Metcalf on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteveC
Legends Admin Team

Re: Celica-Malasia-Race Report thread

Post by SteveC »

Thank Bret. I did way better than I expected as in practice I was poor and wrecking the tyres very fast.

P2 in Q was amazing I did a very good time, sadly after the warmup restart my game went to sleep and by the time it awoke the formation lap had started so i was starting from the pits with Grant. Actually I was P3 in Q I did see Grant usurped me by a tenth at the end!

But it made for an interesting race, good racing by all I come across. Thought I may even salvage second but it was not to be, I tried to hard to gain the upper hand in the pits I went off the entry lane, and also overshot my pit box. Then when I saw JShort was going the distance without pitting I thought it was gonna be easy but he really pumped in great pace all the way to the end, I have no idea how he made the tyres last like that, well done Jamie. :clap: Finished on jamies tail in 3rd.

It was fun doing the pit stops at full speed but I see trouble ahead! I think we will put the speed limit back on next time before disaster strikes :lol:
Last edited by SteveC on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.