2015 S1

iRacing general discussions
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Re: 2015 S1

Post by Rik Walker »

Good result Baz. Top split is going to be tough to get in to, I was actually surprised by how far it went down the list. 32 drivers in it and the last spot on the grid was only about 60th in the overall qual standings so a lot of people didn't race. If it is any consolation, on this occasion I don't think you would have scored any more points under the split by iR system. Your average lap time would have put you 18th in the top split for only 98 points and you would likely have finished a little lower than that as you would have been slowed by extra traffic what with starting from the back of the grid.

My race was fairly typical for these SOFs. Started 11th even though my qual performance was better than normal (within 101% of the pole time), made up a couple of spots on the first lap, lost three through not being fast enough in race pace / not having enough top end speed. Gained a couple when others wrecked. Ended 10th for 154 points. Always within a second or two of other cars so no chance to get at all lonely this time :)
Last edited by Rik Walker on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Nice points Rik. Made up for my poor show. My race Paice was slower in this one as always seemed to be around others did some 7s in previous race. Have you had a reply from Frank yet?
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Yes, Frank says he'll promote the next eligible driver who scores roughly as many points as Mark would expect to do. He also says that we can keep together as a 2 man team plus ANO for future seasons if Mark isn't ready to return.
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Does that mean we will get some more points for Spa as we told him before then?
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

I think you've got to get the promotion done before the week starts, so no we missed out this week. Hopefully we'll get someone for this coming one.
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Baz- Sebring Race2.sto
Tapani Linnaluoto - Sebring.sto
Mine and Tapanis set for Sebring, mine is more stable. I have done the same time with both, not into the 48s yet very low 49.

Mine is OK for race just add fuel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Legends League (iR) has a new member (for this season, hopefully Mark will return once he has drunk his beer :lol: )

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/m ... tid=137814

David Lavanhagen from Florida, seems like he is a RL racer. I missed this in the forums Rik.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Dave Kadlčák
Super

Post by Dave Kadlčák »

You guys have a Zolder setup? :love:
  I.V.G.A. Member #2552 - ICR2 hotlaps
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Hope it's not too late, just seen this. It's a dumbed down version of the one that Tapani posted in the L79 forum - he always posts a good setup & others often do too so do remember to check there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rik Walker on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Kadlčák
Super

Post by Dave Kadlčák »

Thanks Rik!

I tried his, qual setup is very loose, but his race setup is more conservative, which is perfectly fine for my needs at the moment :). I just didn't like his gearing, so I changed it to something more realistic, so I don't kill my H-shifter :).

When you say it's a dummed-down version, what do you adjust?

-Dave
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Usually I when I try one of Tapani's setups I immediately increase front ARB & reduce rear ARB to make it less nervous in the corners. Also reduce front wing and / or increase rear. I also adjust the steering ratio, but that's more of a hardware thing.
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Sorry Rick, didn't see this early enough. The 10.30 gmt went official last week any one doing it this week?

Didn't make the top split today, but did start pole in split 2, and that is where I finished in the most boring race for a while, but 115 points though. :)
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Dave Kadlčák
Super

Post by Dave Kadlčák »

I saw that Baz. I'm pretty impressed with your pace :). I've been away from iRacing for 3 seasons and suddenly i'm worse than a rookie :(
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

What happened at Suzuka Dave?

The car in front of me didn't engage gear I just clipped my front left wing tip, which buggered up turning right and made for an interesting race holding people off, over a second off normal pace. Just scrapped P3 by .03 sec :)
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

You still racing Rik, haven't seen you around for a while?
ImageBaz
Safety Fast