ZandVoort

iRacing general discussions
MarkF
Super

Re: ZandVoort

Post by MarkF »

Hard luck on the points Baz, done that in second split a couple of times for naff points, worked really hard, no point in me even entering the SOF ATM, so I didn't :roll:
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

A great race for me too. I just love looking at the results and seeing that 16 out of the 21 drivers in the top split were running at the end, all of them on the lead lap (and Arto & Gregor would certainly have made it 18 if not for a hardware issue). That's the sort of racing I've been wanting all my sim life but so rarely achieved - the closeness & consistency in this race would put the world cup guys to shame

I got ahead of Daniel at the start and was in a group behind Marko. He was struggling a little early on and a few guys got past him. Bill got alongside into T12 and I tried also, going side by side with Marko through the last turn. But I had to lift to make sure of not running into him and lost out on the straight. Indeed, I had to fend off Daniel into T1 and plenty of laps followed in which I was having to run defensive lines to keep him at bay, knowing that a small error would also allow 3 or 4 more cars past. After many laps, Daniel made a mistake at T9 which relieved the pressure for all of a lap or two before James took over. But he also made an error before I had to actually defend. That left the rest of the race to try and get an opportunity to pass Marko who had never been more than about a second ahead. My one real chance came when he ran wide in T2 and got onto the grass but I was worried that he might not be able to slow enough for T3 so failed to take advantage of it. A couple of times I nearly got a run into T1 but no luck and he couldn't be pressured into another mistake.

All in all, 8th was a good result for me and I'm pleased to have maintained my 4000 iRating . Only downer is that Marcel scored so well and has retaken what could be a decisive lead in the div 2 battle. That's really cruel of him having gotten my hopes up by saying it was going to be a drop week for him :lol:
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Baz West wrote:96 bloody points for all that hard work, expected based on my iR to finish 19th, i well exceeded that and what do I get 96 friggin points. Well pissed off. One of only 2 drivers with below 3000 iR and the race split and 96 points, did I say I only got 96 points :mad:
The points can be a bit random at times, but if this were a normal F1 style scoring system you wouldn't have scored any at all ;-)

Mark, yeah not much chance of improving your points in the second split but it is a good opportunity to gain some iR which if you do it often enough will get you into the top one.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Rik Walker wrote:
Baz West wrote:96 bloody points for all that hard work, expected based on my iR to finish 19th, i well exceeded that and what do I get 96 friggin points. Well pissed off. One of only 2 drivers with below 3000 iR and the race split and 96 points, did I say I only got 96 points :mad:
The points can be a bit random at times, but if this were a normal F1 style scoring system you wouldn't have scored any at all ;-)

Mark, yeah not much chance of improving your points in the second split but it is a good opportunity to gain some iR which if you do it often enough will get you into the top one.

Yeah I know, motivational problems my end.
Regards

Mark