Bathurst

iRacing general discussions
MarkF
Super

Bathurst

Post by MarkF »

How you enjoying it Rik :clap:

I actually enjoy this track, using Tapani's setup for the first time on the NTM5 I am feeling the grip levels, I think I need to work on my turn in points and speed for apex, bloody monitor is all over the place on the last downhill corner :halm:
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Re: Bathurst

Post by Rik Walker »

I really can't understand why anyone wants to run this track in these cars when there are the likes of Watkins, Road America or Spa not being used this season. I'll see how it goes but it's not fun for me and I expect the races to have silly levels of attrition :(
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Rik Walker wrote:I really can't understand why anyone wants to run this track in these cars when there are the likes of Watkins, Road America or Spa not being used this season. I'll see how it goes but it's not fun for me and I expect the races to have silly levels of attrition :(
I thought exactly the same, and attrition is okay TBH, or it was in S1, once you get the feel for the track it is quite exhilarating, not to mention hard work on the eyes and wrists, but yes, there is some reluctance from the older crowd to run these types of tracks as they are "bored" of proper tracks. I mean Oran FFS, that will be another drop week as will summit point if we get that.
Last edited by MarkF on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

MarkF wrote:but yes, there is some reluctance from the older crowd to run these types of tracks as they are "bored" of proper tracks. I mean Oran FFS, that will be another drop week as will summit point if we get that.
Last time Oran was run, 9 out of the 12 weeks had more than 100 drivers, the Oran week 46. Says it all really. It's the one road course I don't have and I'll need a pretty good reason to not drop that week.
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

I liked this Bathurst, once you get used to it its fine, last time out I got a warp hit though that really pissed me off. Oran is fun track.

Here is my last set if you want to try Mark I did a 1,55, 9 i think in it but optimal is 55.1

Ride height and 3rd and 4th gears need tweaking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Baz West on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Cheers Baz, must practice some more, low 56's with opt mid 55 ATM, only had a couple of hours track time so far, really need to motivate myself to practice. Garage clear out this morning then a tip run and settle down to practice methinks :)
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Qual & race setups. Still struggling but something just about clicked this afternoon and did a 1:53.8 qual time and even managed 10 laps in a row without binning it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Cheers Rik,

Did a 1:55.3 in quali (opt 1:54.9), a new PB, into high 1:56 in race trim after two laps, so about right, here are mine, based on Tapani's set, tried yours Baz gave up after 2 laps :o not sure on the fuel load for the race, ispeed is showing it as 26.5 laps worth, such a low down force setup though.
Last edited by MarkF on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Mark
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Well that was a turn up for the books, 4th in the 1830 race and a PB points gathering of 130 :clap: :victorydance:

Bloody hard race, managed to take Robbie on the first lap into T2 after we had been neck and neck from the start line, he then pushed me for the whole race, talk about pressure, last corner on the penultimate lap he was looking to push and span on exit, easily done there, so I coasted for the last lap wiping the sweat from my eyes.

At last a decent race :)

Had to add a click back and front to the perch to increase ride height, the front left wing was getting damaged, side effect was 2mph more on the straight, now I know where I am losing about half a sec time to practice some more.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Grats Mark, award yourself a medal just for finishing let alone with such a great points score :clap: :banana:
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

2nd & a thoroughly undeserved 154 pts for me in the 18:30 race. Was driving like an old woman but it was a decent SOF and others made mistakes - apart from Gregor who easily won.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Excellent Rik, well done, your old woman driving is like my on the edge shitting myself driving so no problems, come on Baz no pressure 28 points so far, can we top 40 :)
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Yeah, no pressure Baz but we want at least 120 from you :lol:
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Yes no pressure then :moon: Still not got a set I am confident with, do some practice this abo, anyone planning on running the 3.30 or 5.30 ?

Great results chaps :allhail:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

I lifted the ride height on my qual set and reduced BB to 46 and did a 55.080 on the first run, so close to 59, the opt was a 59.4
Regards

Mark