Sebring

iRacing general discussions
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Re: Sebring

Post by Rik Walker »

My first pole to flag victory :checkeredflag: . Not a great drive as I couldn't find the rhythm required to lap well here but I was able to control the race and ever so gradually eke out the lead. A strong 5th for Mark too :clap: . 139 & 108 pts scored respectively.
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Great result well done Chaps, I was washing the car otherwise I could have joined you. I am doing the 5.30 :clap:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Well Done Rik, great drive, I could only see up to 2nd on F3 and you weren't there so assumed you were numero uno, what a start, feeling under the weather with a cold, and for some reason I forgot how to change gear into T1, how I never lost a place I will never know. I stuck to my line and John got under me into T3 but I stuck it around the outside knowing I would have the inside line next, will have to check the replay as I did squeeze him a bit, but not enough for contact.

Then I pulled away following the fast pack, but dropping a few tenths each lap, then the spotter calls out cars stopped left right and centre at the start of the straight, sure enough three in front had spun, I got past two and the third had just enough speed to stay ahead. That was a crucial overtake for me as they had wing damage behind and I gradually pulled out a respectable gap. Then just managed it was never going to catch the guy in front and 5th was mine if I held my head.

Good luck Baz.
Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Pretty boring race for me after the start. Got good start past 2 up the inside into T1 but was then inside for 2 stayed with the guy for a few laps and he slowly pulled away as I seemed to get slower, same set up but off my pace of the other night. This guy was a Pro I found out after :roll: Justin Lindsey. Robert kept me honest for a few laps untill he had a spin at the hairpin.

Started P9 finished P8 only 102 points :thumbsdown:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Only 102 points, that is enough mate, my race set is still understeering and getting slower as the race gets on, yet that is my qual set, I do not under stand it, unless the set is hard on the tyres and they are indeed going off?

I may well try a race with Rik's set for the SOF, did you do anything other than add fuel Rik? Is it even the same setup you posted now ?
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Apart from fuel I think all I did was adjust the ride heights to compensate. The fronts do wear more than the rears but I still found it getting looser & it was necessary to soften the rear ARB by a click after about 15 laps.

I've got it set for 70 litres but you'll probably get away with 68 unless you pick up some aero damage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

I seem to be getting slower every time I take to the track :(. I might enter the SOF race in the unlikely event that it splits but probably not even then. Just can't get up the enthusiasm today.

PS: Baz, when driving in ghost mode you can still see your lap times on the delta timing.
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Thanks Rik I didnt know that.

Well that SoF was a SoB race :lol: I didnt slow enough for the pile up in front, and had a head on with Juno Raina, scary picture he must have sh1t himself looking at my mug :lol: he saw inside my helmet, (now stop it) :roll: I had front wing damage which cost me 1 to 2 seconds a lap, the good thing was only J Mani got past me but Samuel Raiman was closing at between 1/2 to a second a lap but I had a 10 second advantage with 12 laps to go. Fortunately I got lapped which saved me having to do another with Samuel sniffing a P12 under a second behind the last 2 laps, I pushed harder than I should have done to be safe but it paid off and did my 2 FL's 2 in the 51's. Pity as I had the pace to finish P10 today. The good news is I scored 107 points one more than before :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Oh boy, what a race, 2nd split, Pole too I was nervous as hell, #1 car for the second SOF running, no pressure then, so not surprising I had a box full of neutrals into T1 and T2 and wrong gear for T4 as I was totally flustered by now and Ryan was all over me, Thomas had roared off past me, so second already.

First lap was fighting Ryan off so lost ground as driving defensively, second lap got into my stride and put a gap there, but Thomas was flying off. That was it until we started hitting back markers and it seemed I always caught them at the wrong place and it was costing me time each time, Ronnie (Klaus) was catching me quite quickly in that last 10 laps, and boy did we have some battle for the last three laps

I have to confess when Ronnie put a nose inside into T1 I just gritted my teeth and relied on my momentum to take me around and back past

So great battle, he got me on the last lap and I put him under pressure for that lap, but that was it, 3rd and no improvement in points for me, but 2nd split and great fun, was a good feeling to be one of the faster drivers battling at the front.
Regards

Mark
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Rik Walker wrote:Apart from fuel I think all I did was adjust the ride heights to compensate. The fronts do wear more than the rears but I still found it getting looser & it was necessary to soften the rear ARB by a click after about 15 laps.

I've got it set for 70 litres but you'll probably get away with 68 unless you pick up some aero damage.
Used this for the SOF race, I am just not getting the corner speed for some reason :( lap times low 1:50's towards the end.
Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Good week chaps, 35 points is pretty good we are up to P2 in teams championship now by 1 point.

Click the photo I posted above, you cant see it clearly from the resolution in the forum. That is not my face it looks much younger ;-)
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Bret Metcalf
Legends Admin Team

Post by Bret Metcalf »

Congrats on taking that win Rik...awesome stuff. :clap:

Likewise...2nd in the team championship....looking even stronger now for that celebration bash I mentioned a couple of weeks ago :victorydance:
Ray Walton
Legends Admin Team

Post by Ray Walton »

Yep I endorse exactly what Bret said. Been following these threads here in the iRacing section and have to say awesome stuff guys, many congratulations on your formidable achievements. :thumbsup:

You three are getting my sim racing genes twitching. I can say I have renewed my iRacing subs for 2 years for the price of one :) So with my install all updated and ready to go, all I need is the L49 now it seems as have the rest and almost all of the road tracks which I have purchased over the many years. Will only run this up for practice only as will never be anything like as fast as you three or even your old git Baz :o :lol:
Best Regards

Ray Walton
Legends League Financial Director and
Caretaker MD