Mosport

iRacing general discussions
MarkF
Super

Re: Mosport

Post by MarkF »

Baz West wrote:Are we all going to do the SoF race today?

I had a bad one last night, drove into the tyres last series of bends, from a strong P6 challenging P5 :( could continue but 1.11 was fastest lap after that. Wouldn't have scored any more than 124 though.

GP finishes 3.30 so I will do SoF
I was planning on the 15:30 as Spa finished at 1430, not sure about Mosport with lots of cars, maybe I will, the track still hates me ;-)
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Baz and I were in the top split with myself 12th on the grid & Baz 22nd. Thanks to some T1 mayhem (really slippery on cold tyres) I was 7th by the exit of it & stayed there with a pretty uninspiring & lonely race. Got to love the IR points system, yesterday I drove about as well as I could and scored 119pts, today I was below par and got 167 making it my highest single race haul! I saw Baz was up to 8th early on but he must have had an off as he next appeared on my timing screen when coming up to lap him :(. He ended up 16th with no improvement to his score.

I assume Mosport continued to hate Mark as it looks like he only completed 4 laps in the second split :(

Team pts for the week ended up a very respectful 37 :)
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Rik Walker wrote:Baz and I were in the top split with myself 12th on the grid & Baz 22nd. Thanks to some T1 mayhem (really slippery on cold tyres) I was 7th by the exit of it & stayed there with a pretty uninspiring & lonely race. Got to love the IR points system, yesterday I drove about as well as I could and scored 119pts, today I was below par and got 167 making it my highest single race haul! I saw Baz was up to 8th early on but he must have had an off as he next appeared on my timing screen when coming up to lap him :(. He ended up 16th with no improvement to his score.

I assume Mosport continued to hate Mark as it looks like he only completed 4 laps in the second split :(

Team pts for the week ended up a very respectful 37 :)
Yes Rik it was looking good, until I got one up the rear off line into Moss avoiding a slower car, lost 6mph per lap and nearly 2 seconds, great result for you though. I think I would have finished top 10 if not for incident , could have been 141 points for me :evil:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Well, I was car #1 meaning I had the highest IR on the grid, so had someone in split 1 had not participated I would have been there too, missed a three car crash into T1 and settled down in 4th, but I fooked it up on lap 7 into T2 AGAIN!!!! You cannot make a mistake there as it is race ending, too timid again to hit an early apex and understeered off, shame, I was lining up the car in front whom I know I was quicker than and then 2nd place was also a driver I can beat.

Pissed off here, this track is one of my nemesis tracks unfortunately.

So, maybe we need to up our game, or rather I do for Sebring, ATM I am feeling like trying another car, but that is not the spirit, this will deffo be a drop week for me.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

MarkF wrote:Well, I was car #1 meaning I had the highest IR on the grid, so had someone in split 1 had not participated I would have been there too
There were 26 in the top split & 25 in yours so you can console yourself that it would have taken a couple of them to not enter. Which does at least make me feel a little better as I've got a headache and only entered when I saw that it was splitting.

I usually do well at Sebring so I'm looking forward to that.
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Just used your set Rik with my drive train and no damage at the end of race, thanks. Can't make tomorrow unless we get thrashed at tennis by 3am starts at 12
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Baz West on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

I really enjoyed that one Rik. Couldnt do Q so started P21 with only 2 laps practice today. Missed the lap 1 accident was in a 5 car train for most of the race but new I would be in good shape come the end so just tied to be patient = :roll: It worked they al made mistakes, I like tothink it was my pressure :D Gord was very slightly slower but had less wing I followed him within .5 all race it seemed. Well pleased with P11 based on lap times I could have been just behind you but that would be greedy :) Still 173 and 142 points for 315 is a good haul :thumbsup: :banana:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

For what feels the first time in weeks I've got good race pace. Took 5th in the 1430 race today (only 5 seconds behind 2nd). But I hadn't been able to qual as well as I would have liked so started the SOF in 11th. It was the car immediately ahead of me who span in T1 and then tagged the car ahead of him, pure fluke that I managed to dodge them! I then spent 28 laps sitting behind Paolo until I finally got by only to push too hard the next lap and lose the rear in T2. Paolo couldn't avoid me and I was lucky to only lose 2 spots overall which I got back when Gernot & Greger had problems so finished 8th. I think I could have got Andrea for 5th if not for the spin.

Two unforced errors in three races here is something I need to improve on!