Mosport

iRacing general discussions
Baz West
Super

Mosport

Post by Baz West »

Here is my last time out qually set tweaked a bit, still think its too low and too much rear wing. Did a 7.1 with it but not very fast on straight. I noticed Henri was getting up to 174mph on back straight. But turn 2 flat out in 5th with this set is fun :)

Monday Practice
I was in P4 with 2 to go up with the big boys and could have stayed in front of Tapani when I ran out of fuel :( It was a 10 lap race not 5 caught a few out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Baz West on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Re: Mosport

Post by MarkF »

Missed it tonight, have to drive to Stansted in a few minutes to collect the daughter from the airport will need all the powers of concentration on the M25 :o
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Thx Baz. I've attached mine but it's the same as the one I've posted in the iR forum.

Is Henri really getting to 174mph? He must be running virtually no wing at all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Yes he was, if I remember correctly last time here there was a discussion about the trim of the car being important, I think there was a head wind on the back straight and Tapani had his car set higher and leveller than others. In effect reducing the df allowing air under the car to increase speed. It's all voodoo to me :upsidedown:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Just managed a 40 min session, first time this week :o sooo busy this retirement lark, tried both sets, quickly 5 laps each, Baz yours is bottoming out big time up the straight, Rik I like this one, although T2 on lap 1 is a bit of a bugger on cold tyres, I think I can adapt to that, still only in the 1:08's though but not bad after such a short session. I can really feel the car tyres biting here with both sets.

Tomorrow I hope to turn some laps ready for an evening race :banana:
Regards

Mark
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Yes it was Mark, not a problem in qually though, did a 1.6.9 with it. Try this one its much more stable for a race set as well. my opt is 6.5 with it, go steady for 2 laps. then push, I just have to dial some oversteer out exiting turns 3 and 9.,

15.6 gallons needed, or race could get away with 15.1 I think.
Last edited by Baz West on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Just had a good one, the 7.30 Friday. M D took himself out and nearly Tapani exiting T1 Lap1. Caused mahem behind I slowed and had to loose 6 places down to 19th from P12. Then it was a matter of focusing and head down, lap 3 back to P12 then a long hard slog, but no mistakes and no incidents. Only Gregor T caught me and I couldnt hold him off for more than 4 laps but there was 10 to go :cry: great fun and very fair racing. He was doing mid 7s I was low 8s. I watched him drive away :byehi:

So 124 points and P7 :victorydance:

Just checked and 6 points in front of Hill :partygrin:
Last edited by Baz West on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Baz West wrote:Just had a good one, the 7.30 Friday. M D took himself out and nearly Tapani exiting T1 Lap1. Caused mahem behind I slowed and had to loose 6 places down to 19th from P12. Then it was a matter of focusing and head down, lap 3 back to P12 then a long hard slog, but no mistakes and no incidents. Only Gregor T caught me and I couldnt hold him off for more than 4 laps but there was 10 to go :cry: great fun and very fair racing. He was doing mid 7s I was low 8s. I watched him drive away :byehi:

So 124 points and P7 :victorydance:
Well done Baz :)

Not a fan of this track, so this weekend will be a chore, I was hoping to get a banker in last night, but wasn't to be, also we have rumours of a BBQ this weekend here, so I have no idea of my commitment :o

I will get something done as I believe as team scores every race, no drop races which is a bit weird.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Here are what I'm using for qual & race, both from Tapani's setup but with quite a few changes. I've done a 1:06.0 offline but can't replicate that when qualifying yet and my race laps are in the 1:07s.
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Cheers Rik , will give that a try, but quite liking Baz's set, just 1:08's in race trim though.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

Results so far this week: Baz 124pts, Rik 119, Mark 82. Hopefully we'll increase those over the next 24 hours but even so it's not a bad haul :)
MarkF
Super

Post by MarkF »

Rik Walker wrote:Results so far this week: Baz 124pts, Rik 119, Mark 82. Hopefully we'll increase those over the next 24 hours but even so it's not a bad haul :)
I might put in an appearance tomorrow, this track hates me and I hate it, slight issue with a back marker today cost me some points unfortunately, he was going great guns, just braked a wee bit too hard in the hairpin and that was it I shunted him.

Low 1:08's but not consistent, I just understeer in the last section Rik, you don't seem to lift until you turn in and reach the inside kerbs, i have to brake and change down.
Regards

Mark
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

I don't really brake but do lift & change down to 4th once the speed bleeds off. But you do need to have the speed right through those last 3 turns or else you will lose quite a bit of time. A good rule to follow is that understeer = too high an entry speed so if you are understeering with one of my setups, just try and bleed a little more speed off earlier. It might only require a mph or 2 to solve.

The 14:30 GMT race was probably one of my best in terms of speed relative to one of the really top guys plus consistency yet I scored fewer pts than in any of the previous 3 weeks. Got to love the iR pts system...
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

MarkF wrote:Cheers Rik , will give that a try, but quite liking Baz's set, just 1:08's in race trim though.
Try it with Tapani's gears and Riks diff settings Mark better drive out of Moss.

I just shift and bleed the speed for the last series of bend, except the last one I trail break and get on power early in 3rd. Turn 2 is flat with a confidence lift if needed which must be before the brow, never lift after.

I find the trickiest to be turn 3 never seem to get it right, never know when to get on the power, and that curb cocks you right up if touched.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Are we all going to do the SoF race today?

I had a bad one last night, drove into the tyres last series of bends, from a strong P6 challenging P5 :( could continue but 1.11 was fastest lap after that. Wouldn't have scored any more than 124 though.

GP finishes 3.30 so I will do SoF
ImageBaz
Safety Fast