TWRR Oulton Park Reports

iRacing based League - Trans-World Radical Racing
Kat
Super

TWRR Oulton Park Reports

Post by Kat »

Well done Paul, you had the edge on speed on me all season so deserved second...

But I wasn't going to go down without a fight!!!

I wrang everything I could out of the car to put it 6th on the grid with a massive PB, but in a super competitive field of 18 cars I NEEDED A good start as Paul was 3rd on the grid and right on the leading pace.

Unfortunately iRacing was not in a generous mood and I only got the green light (no grey or red) so made a terrible start.. did pass Maurizio around the outside of T3 but now really had my back against the wall to catch Paul...

This was made worse when Maurizio repassed me and then pushing like crazy I went off...

Pitted.. came out.. struggled.. knuckled down and finally got going properly to catch Baz in 8th.. end of lap 26 I got better drive out of the last corner and went for it..

overshot T1, darn it back into 9th.. had a slide in T3.. but a good exit and mega hairpin once again put me on Baz tail and I had my chance.. took him before Knickerbrook and also my compromised line gave Baz half a chance he had the long way round and the place was mine..

Awesome fun, thanks Baz...

Also thanks and well done to Rik for running the season and winning the championship.

If we push the championship a bit more ( I'm willing to help ) I think this last race gives us hope that we should try again next season with the same formula. Certainly there are the drivers there who enjoy the Radical - it's just getting them to take a break from official racing.
The Racing Kat Blog
2010, 2011, 2012 Race Steward
2012 Chief Steward
Race Report Writer
Ben Daniels
Club

Re: TWRR Oulton Park Reports

Post by Ben Daniels »

Hi,
This is for David K.
Im so sorry about what happened.
I wasnt going to race as I had only done a few practise laps a few days ago. I grabbed Rik's set up, (thanks Rik), with 2 minutes of Qually left so started at the back of the grid.

After a lap or so, and trying to get used to the set up, Baz made an error in T1?, and I got passed. David K had gone off a bit eariler? and I had seen he has passed Baz, and was so much quicker than me.
David, I am so sorry. I was shitting myself as you were 0.2 sec behind, but this is the truth, I was trying to find a place to let you by. But it was totally the wrong place to do so. I should have waited for the long back straight, but I just wanted you out of my hair! Letting you by was the right thing to do, unfortunatly I chose the wrong place to try and let you pass.
Sorry :(

PS - I would love the League to use the Formula Mazda next season. IMHO its a great car.
Last edited by Ben Daniels on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Langford
Super

Post by Paul Langford »

Hard Luck with the lights Kat :(

I got a good start from 3rd place and managed to pinch P2 by T1 and started to chase Rik, but he was just a tenth or two faster when it counted and was edging away albeit slowly a 2.5 sec cushion after about 12 laps :lol: ....I was hoping for a slip or a slide from him but not a chance a solid flag to flag victory with a 4.8 sec gap by L28....great drive by Rik totaly deserved the title :allhail: :halm:

Next year Mr Walker.....Next year :twisted: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Image Image Image Image

Car #69 2009 TWFA CHAMPION
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Kat wrote: Pitted.. came out.. struggled.. knuckled down and finally got going properly to catch Baz in 8th.. end of lap 26 I got better drive out of the last corner and went for it..

overshot T1, darn it back into 9th.. had a slide in T3.. but a good exit and mega hairpin once again put me on Baz tail and I had my chance.. took him before Knickerbrook and also my compromised line gave Baz half a chance he had the long way round and the place was mine..

Awesome fun, thanks Baz...
Just not quick enough Kat, I need to focus more, thought I might be able to hold you off for one more lap but you drove very well. I bet you was glad I didn't contest Knickerbrook :daft:

A thoroughly enjoyable season and well done to Rik well deserved :allhail: Great fight Paul and Kat gave him though well done :clap:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast