Brands

iRacing based League - Trans-World Radical Racing
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Brands

Post by Rik Walker »

Here's a setup, it's got enough fuel for the 30 laps.

Sorry, but I won't be racing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leo
Super

Re: Brands

Post by Leo »

Thanks Rik. Very driveable, as usual.

If your absence has anything to do with last week's mess, then it's time someone stepped in and sorted it out as we can't afford to lose drivers, certainly not of your stature.
LIFE IS RACING, THE REST IS WAITING
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Leo wrote: If your absence has anything to do with last week's mess, then it's time someone stepped in and sorted it out as we can't afford to lose drivers, certainly not of your stature.
Yes very true Leo,

I hope that is not the reason, if it is can't we sort it out?

I had a brief look at the replay and would like to know what the general consensus would be, as I can see the argument from both sides.

Rik thanks for the set up, what is your best time with it as I can only get to the mid 21's but that is just my ability holding me back :)
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

1:20.0 was my best with low fuel. Mid 1:21 is a pretty good time if it's with race fuel.

The last two weeks are part of my decision although there are other factors. If I'm getting that annoyed about something that happens on the track then it is a pretty good sign that I need a break anyway. I have tried to sort it out with Ben but he hasn't replied to the PM I sent him.
Ben Daniels
Club

Post by Ben Daniels »

Hi Rik,
I’m sure we all have more important things in real life to deal with apart from this nonsense?

I understand 100% that the league means so much more to you than it does me, that is why I am delighted to be taken out of the results of both races. I only did the Star Mazda as I don’t like the MX Mazda or whatever its called. It’s my favourite car in iRacing, so that is why I did the races.

I don’t want points. I don’t want anything. I just turned up to race as I like the car.

It is unfortunate that the league seems to be struggling with iRacing, so I thought I would do my bit and turn up for a few races. To be honest I got absolutely no fun in the least from “winning” the races, as if it wasn’t for you it would have been on a drive on my own, and the same from your side. You would have been 15 – 20 seconds up the road all on your todd. I don’t find that much fun.

I did a race in the Star Mazda at Mosport yesterday, and won by 30+ seconds. Hardly a race, but at least I got 20+ points for something or other. I have no idea what all the numbers are, as it doesn’t mean that much to me, but at least I am heading in the right direction.

With Legends you get nothing, so I will be continuing with the iRacing sessions. But please Rik, continue to race with Legends. I am not happy that our races have come to this, but at least I did give you something to think about, otherwise you would have had two quite boring races don’t you think?

Good luck, and I love you all.
(Apart from Rik :D ) Only joking!

PS- It will be a shame to miss Brands as its my favourite track.
Last edited by Ben Daniels on Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rudi Kniel
Novice

Post by Rudi Kniel »

Sorry guys,
I have to cancel my participation for this evening. :(

I think I come down with a cold.

Hope you all will have a good race and a lot of fun.

Cu next week at Silverstone :halm:
"Personally, I find racing to be the most relaxing thing in the world. When I'm racing nothing else matters. I don't care what else is happening in my life, I'm focused on racing. It allows me to forget everything else - I just relax and enjoy my driving."

Ross Bentley
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Oh dear, Rudi hope it gets better soon, take some daynurse that usually sorts me out for a race distance.

Looks like we are on for a podium Leo :(
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
AndrewCherry
Provisional

Post by AndrewCherry »

Oh dear me, I'm my own worst enemy. Binned it from 1st (thankfully not in to a wall) then realised while running 2nd I was going to be 1 lap short on fuel. Tried to get all the adjustments done on the straights, no tires, etc. and pitted. Wow! That was quick! Only lost one place and I reckon I've got the pace to come back at Barry as he looks like he's short shifting... OK, let's just check my fue... Oh. Shit. Didn't get any. Aaaaannd... pits again. 1 gal, should be quick... Why are they jacking the car up? Oh FFS. Forgot to turn off tires again. Down to 4th then.

Only Barry running out of fuel left me on the podium. Would almost certainly have not been able to keep Gary behind, but 2nd should have been on. Damn fool/fuel. Next time... Where are we next time?!
Dave Kadlčák
Super

Post by Dave Kadlčák »

Like you Andrew, I was my worst enemy as well. Nailed the start (almost jumped it), felt like I could hang with the leader, until I tank-slapped it into the wall out of Turn 5 as I messed up my shifting. Drove the wreck back to the pits, reset, 1 lap down. Cought up to Baz & Co. fighting for 3-4th at that time, passed them once, looped it, desided not to race leaders unless they messed up.

Eventually slapped it into the wall again out of 6 (not watching the road :roll:)... ended up 6th after all the disconnects.

Mental note, make sure you load your race setup after qualifying :P

Dave.
  I.V.G.A. Member #2552 - ICR2 hotlaps
Jon G
Club

Post by Jon G »

decided to give it a go after another weekend where really i'm struggling to be up for seat time come the sunday slot.. waited for comp to finish win7 SP1 and related anti virus updates and saw my attempt at making the entire practice reduce to 50%.. doh! default/whatever set with 2gals and was just about finding some speed...

qually i think i got a +0.3 down on PB but only good enough for 7th.. on one lap i was a full -0.6 UP before a silly mistake in 2nd to last turn.. which i was still pleased to see.. so not sure what the 0.9 would have given me had i just got those two corners about normal...

race started ok, i went with 12gals because i really figured id rather be heavy then cutting it fine.. avoided a couple of moments and found myself ahead of barry.. who was quicker and i figured i'd find a moment to let him past then see if i could further improve my line and stuff and stick with im.. however i distracted myself thinking about where best to let him thru and had a half spin, ending me down at the back about 10s off barry...

from then on, it was a case of concentrate... try and keep on the edge as much as i can.. and i dont think i fell anymore than 11s (+1 more) off barry, while picking up some positions thru ppl falling off, and slowly reeling in Matt.. i was all set to catch him with a few to go when on lap 24 or so caught the kerb in the hair pin and had a silly tank slapper spin.. i then went for broke figuring i had only lost 4-5s and why not.. was at least a lap up on the rest.. and then gave a glancing blow to the tyre walls after an excursion at T1.. within a lap or two of that.. even with 2 min+ tow made it home in same position....

im really not finding the time for iR at all lately.. and i dont mind having fun running about wherever as long as im not a liability, but defo a shame to see a small field and missing names.. no idea what happ last week but be awesome to see everyone at silverstone!! :cheesy:
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Yes Jon, a great pity no big names :( Had a poor start DK jumped me and in stead of settling down was too determined out of Graham Hill and went wide loosing 3 places. Then Jon had his mishap, make me work for it Jon don't give a place away. Had a great race with Matthew I was a bit quicker but he was more consistent. He got me after a small error on lap 8 then Gary Clarke came storming through the field, a quick guy and he would have given Rik and Ben runs for their money. Fun trying to catch Matthew and watching mirrors in case DK was going to unlap himself. But he managed to beat himself up real good :cheesy: From lap 14 I managed to pull a 13 second lead and then the spotter saying havent enough fuel will have to pit. I was 2 laps short so started short shifting and saving fuel, saw Andrew dive in pits so thought I would try and make it. I was half a lap short and went from P2 to P4. A very entertaining race with something going on all the time.
Now I know how Lewis felt.

Lets have a big turn out pretty please for Silverstone. :thumbsup:
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Matthew Forrester
Provisional

Post by Matthew Forrester »

I may not race Silverstone, because I __really__ hate the track. But I will be racing with you guys again.

Thanks for a great race :-)
I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0742210327
Rudi Kniel
Novice

Post by Rudi Kniel »

Hello guys,
I'm sorry, but I also have to cancel the last race in Siverstone. I'm really frustrated. Two weeks ago I had to cancel the race, because of my son, who had a really bad cough. Than last week I've had to cancel, because I caught a virus infection from one of my colleagues. I guess in the meantime the virus infection was displaced by a bacteria infection. I hope the next season will be a better one for me.

I wish you all a lot of fun at Silverstone.

Rudi
Last edited by Rudi Kniel on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Personally, I find racing to be the most relaxing thing in the world. When I'm racing nothing else matters. I don't care what else is happening in my life, I'm focused on racing. It allows me to forget everything else - I just relax and enjoy my driving."

Ross Bentley
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Bad luck there Rudi get well soon.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast