road america report

Archived iRacing based League - currently inactive
Jon G
Club

road america report

Post by Jon G »

hey guys

well a mid race report for once! im on one monitor watching the race (leo holding off baz!) and the other on a RDP writing this.. basically i yet again managed to screw up, and before u wonder if im losing it.. which i hope to god im not.. basically i am having immense trouble with my housemate which accumulated with her lowest feat yet, putting her dead gerbil which appeared to have a life no better than its death.. its final resting place - my wheelie bin.. long story short having not seen me all weekend she decided to bang on my door 3 times to discuss having i taken the decision to inform her that i dont believe she should get another, during the grid and the first few bends.. no doubt as id had a quick bathroom visit prior to grid.. i then literally thought she had come in the room and was already completely unfocused.. i thought id braked early and hadnt and to my horror nerfed poor old paul.. to say i am still livid and horrified in equal amounts still.. is an understatement.. but it is still no excuse if i can not control the things around my environment before i race.. im pleased to see paul is sat in 2nd so thankfully some relief or i'd be seriously considering sitting out for a bit.

when ive stopped shaking from rage i will let u know, thankfully i'll be housemate free come end of mar or apr latest and it can not come soon enough!!

and feeling bad enough for bringing personal stuff into it.. i look forward to hearing ur racing reports!!!
Paul Langford
Super

Re: road america report

Post by Paul Langford »

Jon G wrote:basically i yet again managed to screw up, and before u wonder if im losing it.. which i hope to god im not.. basically i am having immense trouble with my housemate .. i thought id braked early and hadnt and to my horror nerfed poor old paul..
arrrghhh!!! Nightmare house-mates, I've been there m8 :evil: (a long long time ago)

no worries with the tap m8 no damage and only lost half a second....that was the most exciting bit of the race unfortunatly, after that incident I was behind Mark and Rik in 3rd and Rik was pulling away from Mark, Mark was pulling away from me and I was pulling away from Leo so we spread out, Mark had a moment i caught up, he pulled away and out of sight, then on L10 or 11 Mark had an off and had to pit gifting me 2nd, I just cruised home after that, until L19 when i checked my fuel and thought it was going to be close as to wether I had enough to finish, so I short shifted for a lap, Leo was 30secs behind I let him get to within 14secs and realized I had saved enough fuel and put the hammer down for the final 2 laps

finished 2nd :D
Image Image Image Image

Car #69 2009 TWFA CHAMPION
Baz West
Super

Post by Baz West »

Doghnut of the day award goes to.................B West :roll:

Had been playing at making a website and didn't have any time to practice only 10 mins. I wanted to evaluate whether to stop or not but not enough time so decided not to. I had remembered Graham telling me I thought 210 lbs for 22 laps but when I checked on the grid it said enough for 20 so I dived back to the garage to stick some more in and missed the start :cry: On reflection he must have said 220 :oops: Caught up with Graham after a few laps as he had a slight off and thought he wasnt stopping so followed and tried to save tyres. Which seemed to work as he lost grip and I pulled away. Then a slight error allowed him to catch up had some great closing laps with Fulvio Graham and myself with a fast recovering Mark gaining. Fulvio had a coming together with Graham which allowed me by but also Mark and he was gone so back to P5 which considering was a bit of a save.

With all this practice decided to do the 9.15 official race along with Paul he started 4th I started 22 out of 23. First lap some dink tried to take Paul round the outside of T1 then kept it very tight on exit so he span right round ending his race Pauls and mine as he stayed in the middle of the track and did not retire, what a prat. My shortest iR race and what a beating to your SR and iR Paul? Did you forfeit? I did don't know if it helped.
ImageBaz
Safety Fast
Rik Walker
Site Admin

Post by Rik Walker »

210 lb should have been fine, I had 95kg (which should be the same) and had enough to complete a cooling down lap.

Not a very exciting race for me. Got away well enough for once and was clear after a couple of laps when Mark had a bit of a spin or off so just concentrated on being smooth. Then after Mark reset I just cruised - Mark had rejoined only a few seconds off being lapped and I basically just maintained that space rather than risk anything (not that Mark would have made it difficult to lap him of course, but no point adding risk when it's not necessary). Maybe if it had been the real world with real money at stake I would have lapped him and then slowed him down so he couldn't catch Baz, Graham & Fulvio but that would have been a bit too unsporting for Legends :)
Leo
Super

Post by Leo »

Finally a good race for me. On a difficult track too as shown by the large spread of lap times, with Rik leading supremely and me somewhere in the middle as usual. Started in P5, concentrated on staying in one piece, and finished in P3. Not a lot of action though. Paul ahead of me slowly pulled away. Behind me Fulvio stayed close and even passed me when I span out. But when I thought here finally was something I could sink my teeth into, he stopped for fuel! I was on a no-stopper.
I had a few more spins towards the end. Just getting tired and distracted, I guess. Still, I'm happy with my first podium finish in the Williams.

Congrats to Rik who really showed how it should be done. Commiserations to Dave who touched my car and damaged his- no I didn't brake (just being careful) and didn't feel or hear anything although the screen reported contact.

Report-of-the-day award goes to Jon. Women and gerbils, eh? You have to train them.
LIFE IS RACING, THE REST IS WAITING
Paul Langford
Super

Post by Paul Langford »

Baz West wrote:With all this practice decided to do the 9.15 official race along with Paul he started 4th I started 22 out of 23. First lap some dink tried to take Paul round the outside of T1 then kept it very tight on exit so he span right round ending his race Pauls and mine as he stayed in the middle of the track and did not retire, what a prat. My shortest iR race and what a beating to your SR and iR Paul? Did you forfeit? I did don't know if it helped.
I got -105 IR and -25 SR :evil:

I could'nt believe the idiot.....I got a great start for a change and easily took 3rd place and I don't think he liked that, so he makes a near impossible attempt around the outside, I lift and get out of his way and allow him enough room but he was carrying to much momentum and span right infront of me.... I have to hit the brakes and the entire field hits me :evil: :evil:

this guy is a complete twat, not for spinning and crashing we all do that (although he is a twat in this case coz it cost me soooo much IR :evil: ) but for not retiring and getting out of the way :daft:

anyone who watched last night's Top Gear will understand when I say this guy is a complete and utter PEACH!!!! :rant: :cheesy:
Image Image Image Image

Car #69 2009 TWFA CHAMPION